PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Diving Certification

Shark Bait
10-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Anyone interested in scuba diving certification? I am teaching the basic open water course at A-1 Scuba this fall:

Class & pool dates: October 14-16, November 4-6 and December 2-4.
Open Water dates: November 12 & 13 at Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, NM

You can sign up on the A-1 Scuba & Travel center website (http://www.a1scuba.com/classes/owc_class.shtml).

Let me know if you'll be there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Corbet
10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Chris, what is the Blue Hole? I've not heard of that dive site. I took my open water at the Crater in UT.

For anyone who has never been diving is a lot of fun. And something anyone can do.:cheers:

Inukshuk
10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Corbet;193102]Chris, what is the Blue Hole? I've not heard of that dive site. I took my open water at the Crater in UT/QUOTE]

Blue Hole is a deep spring in NM. I did my open water there with Chris. It was great. Cold though.

Shark Bait
10-02-2011, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=Corbet;193102]Chris, what is the Blue Hole? I've not heard of that dive site. I took my open water at the Crater in UT/QUOTE]

Blue Hole is a deep spring in NM. I did my open water there with Chris. It was great. Cold though.

Thanks Daniel. I'm actually teaching the Advanced Open Water course in November at Blue Hole, if you'd like to join us. :D There will be basic Open Waters going on there that same weekend.

Groucho
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
What about refresher courses Chris?

I was certified OWD by PADI in 1986. According to my instructor I was the youngest person to receive the OWD cert then at just over 12 years old. Originally I got the Junior OWD at age 11. Got them thru Weaver's Dive Center in Boulder. I think the last time I dove was in 1989. Did my open water in Cabo San Lucas with the dolphins and had over 100 dives in Grand Cayman. But it has been a while.

Some friends asked if I wanted to dive with them, and now I see your post. Thought I would ask.

I still remember what SCUBA means!
Some
Come
Up
Barely
Alive

Shark Bait
10-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi Nathaniel,

Wow. Pretty impressive!

We usually recommend to people who have been away from scuba for that long to re-take the course over again.

Check out the A-1 Scuba website (http://www.a1scuba.com/classes/index.shtml) for details on course fees and requirements.

There is still room in the upcoming October 14-16 Gold Plus course that I'm teaching. :D