PDA

View Full Version : CM2012 Leader training pre-run March 16-18, 2012

leiniesred
10-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I would like to propose March 16,17,18th of 2012 as the dates for a pre-run and trail leader training trip to Moab Utah.

I'm proposing area BFE as the camping location. No it isn't centrally located, but it sure is FUN!

Thoughts?

I have started a thread in the "trip planning" section of the forum too.

FJBRADY
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Works for me, still in!

Air Randy
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Works for me, still in!

I assume Michelle isn't going? Dee may not go either, if not you can have the bottom bunk in the camper.

FJBRADY
10-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I assume Michelle isn't going? Dee may not go either, if not you can have the bottom bunk in the camper.

Correct Michele will not be attending the pre-run. Bottom bunk it is!

Thank you.

Old40Dog
10-09-2011, 10:42 AM
On the calendar!

MikeBoyle
10-22-2011, 03:05 PM
The boss man (Hugh @ Safari) asked if I was interested in leading/gunning this year. I'm all for it! Looking forward to helping anywhere I can.

RockRunner
10-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm in if I still have my truck and money. Also will depend if my recuperation is going OK after I get my right knee replaced:confused:.

May have an extra bunk in the camper.

RockRunner
10-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Correct Michele will not be attending the pre-run. Bottom bunk it is!

Thank you.

Man randy won't share his bed with you :rolleyes:

AreaBFE
10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
This sounds great! Please keep us posted on any training updates!

Thanks,
Olaf
562-233-6523
Olaf@areabfe.com

84cruzer
11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Depending on my unemployment/financial situation I would like to participate in this and maybe lead/gun my first trail. :hill:

jonharis
01-11-2012, 10:18 PM
In. Sans :Princess: and :cheer::cheer:s

Inukshuk
01-12-2012, 09:19 AM
In. Sans :Princess: and :cheer::cheer:s

Better bring bail money! :hill:

Corbet
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Myself, Bridger and Porter will be there again. I'm trying to drag some of the other Durango contingency down too.

We need to be sure to contact the Wasatch & BookCliffs guys formally for an invite if we want to encourage some additional outside help on trail leading. (I see John posted above)

jonharis
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Turns out I might be bringing the :Princess: and :cheer::cheer:s.

Has this been historically acceptable? If it's not let me know. Anyone else bringing theirs?

Corbet
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll have my 2yr old and dog.

My goal is to have Bridger attend 16 straight leader training weekends by the time his gets his license;)

jonharis
01-13-2012, 05:59 PM
I'll have my 2yr old and dog.

My goal is to have Bridger attend 16 straight leader training weekends by the time his gets his license;)

Cool. I won't be too worried about em them. First twins to attend leader training? Definitely the youngest to do a trail ride last year.

nattybumppo
01-19-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm in like flint! (I wonder where that expression comes from?) I'll have my boy and my boy-dog riding with me in the 60.

DanS
01-19-2012, 09:35 PM
I will be there.

Not positive on the schedule, and I may have to ride with someone else because I don't know if I will be able to get the cruisers that are going to be coming with me to CM by that weekend, but I'll be there.

Dan

ScaldedDog
01-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm in like flint! (I wonder where that expression comes from?)

Ahhh, it's "In like Flynn (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=in%20like%20flynn)". Don't tell your boys... :D

Mark

nattybumppo
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Ahhh, it's "In like Flynn (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=in%20like%20flynn)". Don't tell your boys... :D

Mark

Whoa, I hate it when I find out I've been mis-using a phrase for 40 years, or using it in an obscure context! Thanks, Mark!

billb596
01-25-2012, 12:34 AM
I plan on attending as well. Looking forward to it!:cheers:

Bill Baker
Bookcliff Cruisers
El Presidente

RockRunner
01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
:( Starting a new business March 1st and still doing my remodeling so time will be scarce. Sorry to bail on this because I like this event better than CM......OK nearly;)

If by some chance I can go it will be last minute.

Hicntryflyguy
01-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I plan on being there. New member of Book Cliff Cruisers, wheeled with Jonathan Harris if ya need a reference. Just registered for Cruise Moab and would be willing to volunteer. Volunteered with the mechanic crew at Jeep Jamboree "Rubicon" with my 73' CJ 5 for a few years while living in California.

:cheers:

nakman
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Right on, it's sweet seeing all the Bookcliff guys get involved here. I should be there for this one as well, it's a good time. Flyguy you still have the CJ5?

Quick word to the wise if you haven't camped at BFE in March before - it can be c-o-l-d with a capital F. Bring your best winter camping gear. :campfire:

Hicntryflyguy
01-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Sure do, but it sits in California right now.

Old40Dog
01-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I plan on attending as well. Looking forward to it!:cheers:

Bill Baker
Bookcliff Cruisers
El Presidente

Look forward to seeing you again Commandante Bill!

I plan on being there. New member of Book Cliff Cruisers, wheeled with Jonathan Harris if ya need a reference. Just registered for Cruise Moab and would be willing to volunteer. Volunteered with the mechanic crew at Jeep Jamboree "Rubicon" with my 73' CJ 5 for a few years while living in California.

Welcome Hicntryflyguy, whateverurdrivin!

Right on, it's sweet seeing all the Bookcliff guys get involved here. I should be there for this one as well, it's a good time. Flyguy you still have the CJ5?

Quick word to the wise if you haven't camped at BFE in March before - it can be c-o-l-d with a capital F. Bring your best winter camping gear. :campfire:

Don't pay any attention to Tim on what cold is 'cause he recently traded his 80 for a 100! :lmao:

Anything less than a -20 sleeping bag in the Rockies in the Spring....??? Who knows what night might bring....

Sorry....Just couldn't resist Tim..................whata set up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corbet
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
If anyone gets cold I could probably rent out Porter :puppykisses: if you need some extra heat.

nattybumppo
02-02-2012, 11:58 AM
If anyone gets cold I could probably rent out Porter :puppykisses: if you need some extra heat.

Thanks, but I have a Moose. :puppykisses:

farnhamstj
02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm out. Flying to England. Service for my Grandfather. Lived a good 90 years. May we all be so lucky.

89yotanut
02-04-2012, 11:21 PM
The boss man (Hugh @ Safari) asked if I was interested in leading/gunning this year. I'm all for it! Looking forward to helping anywhere I can.

No man left behind Mike.........unlike last year!:thumb:

Hicntryflyguy
03-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Welcome Hicntryflyguy, whateverurdrivin!

97 T4R supercharged, toytec 3" lift front, LC coils rear, 255/85r16, Newly armored.:blah:

And I'll bring Montana for warmth :puppykisses:

Inukshuk
03-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I was thinking to maybe camp at Rabbit Valley or Dewey Bridge Thursday night so as to get some miles from Denver that night and be ready to pre-run Dome Plateau Thursday AM. What do y'all think? Whose in?

JadeRunner
03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Cool another rare modified 3rd Gen. Look forward to meeting you.

97 T4R supercharged, toytec 3" lift front, LC coils rear, 255/85r16, Newly armored.:blah:

And I'll bring Montana for warmth :puppykisses:

JadeRunner
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Sounds fun Daniel. But, I'll be ahead of you. Getting into Moab around dinner time Thursday. Probably look for other at the Brewery between 5-6pm.

I was thinking to maybe camp at Rabbit Valley or Dewey Bridge Thursday night so as to get some miles from Denver that night and be ready to pre-run Dome Plateau Thursday AM. What do y'all think? Whose in?

Corbet
03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Are we all still planning on camping at Area BFE starting Thursday night?

I should be down pretty early in the day Thurs, like noon-ish:D

MikeBoyle
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
No man left behind Mike.........unlike last year!:thumb:

If you still want to discuss this in person I'd be more than happy to, as you refused to listen to me at the time. This is not what this thread is about.

Inukshuk
03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Sounds fun Daniel. But, I'll be ahead of you. Getting into Moab around dinner time Thursday. Probably look for other at the Brewery between 5-6pm.

Flexible. Camping near Dome makes sense since its a good hour drive from BFE and on the way to/from Moab. That being said, we can also run it Sunday AM on the way home if we start early. It makes a lot of sense to stay at Dewey/Rabbit Thursday night for those who have to leave after work. :cheers:

nattybumppo
03-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Flexible. Camping near Dome makes sense since its a good hour drive from BFE and on the way to/from Moab. That being said, we can also run it Sunday AM on the way home if we start early. It makes a lot of sense to stay at Dewey/Rabbit Thursday night for those who have to leave after work. :cheers:

I am up for a Sunday am Dome Plateau run. Can't make the Thursday option as I won't get to Utah until Friday afternoon.

Who wants to show me Hells Revenge on Saturday?

Corbet
03-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Who wants to show me Hells Revenge on Saturday?

I'd also like to run Hell's for training purposes. I'm know the main trail but would like to get a good schooling on how to properly spot Hell's Gate, Tip Over Challenge and possibly the Escalator.

Air Randy
03-04-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd also like to run Hell's for training purposes. I'm know the main trail but would like to get a good schooling on how to properly spot Hell's Gate, Tip Over Challenge and possibly the Escalator.

I thought the Hell's Gate and Escalator obstacles were verboten on our official runs due to permit restrictions?

89yotanut
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Mike,
What, you dont want the other members to know you refused to help another member off the trail? Where is the proper place to let members know you were not willing to help a stranded member off the trail when you you were done and loaded for the trip home? What ever Mike, you see it your way, we both know the truth, I refuse to wheel with you ever again! I personally DO NOT think your the man to lead or gun a trail and I will let everyone who ask know the FACT that you were done wheeling and refused to sell,loan or help when I was stranded on rocker knocker. Know I was not the only one there that heard you refuse help, so other people know the truth!If you still want to discuss this in person I'd be more than happy to, as you refused to listen to me at the time. This is not what this thread is about.

Corbet
03-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I thought the Hell's Gate and Escalator obstacles were verboten on our official runs due to permit restrictions?

I believe that is true for this year. But not next? Neil would be the one to ask. I do see us running Hells Gate again in the future at CM. Personally I just want to be confident on how to spot those obstacles. So if someone else wants to run Hells during the pre run, I'd just like someone who has spotted those things in the past to come too.

Romer
03-04-2012, 02:29 PM
89yotanut this is not the place for this discussion. If you have a comment, PM someone on the CM Committee. This thread is about planning for one of our activities.

Hicntryflyguy
03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I have to work an overnight shift Thursday night so I will be leaving Aspen at 7am Friday morning, should be in Moab around 11am or so, What CB channel are you guys running? Want to meet up with the group on trail Friday if I could. Staying at B.F.E. right?

JadeRunner
03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Yes, we are staying at area BFE. I'm assuming you are not and want to meet us at a trailhead Friday am. At this point I would say meet us at the Hells Revenge trailhead at 9:30am. But we will confirm that.

I usually like to hit Hells Revenge as the first warm up trail and be back in town for lunch. We could re-group and hit another trail after that and\or look at Slickrock and conduct some CM business if needed.

I have to work an overnight shift Thursday night so I will be leaving Aspen at 7am Friday morning, should be in Moab around 11am or so, What CB channel are you guys running? Want to meet up with the group on trail Friday if I could. Staying at B.F.E. right?

Hicntryflyguy
03-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Going to stay with the group at B.F.E. but won't get into Moab until 11am at the earliest on Friday. Just didn't want to miss out on Fridays fun!! Looking forward to the weekend and meeting some new people.

JadeRunner
03-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Ok sorry. I was in a hurry and wasn't reading your post correctly. We will be on CB channel 4 unless it's too busy. But, primarily on HAM 146460.

Hicntryflyguy
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Ok, Ch. 4! Really want to learn about Ham radio and take the test this summer!!

Corbet
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Ok, Ch. 4! Really want to learn about Ham radio and take the test this summer!!

If you have not heard it in use in person yet you'll want it even more after next weekend. CB is like using two bean cans and a string after HAM. I can talk with Area BFE from Monticello, UT while driving in from Durango. That's about 50 miles straight line.

Hicntryflyguy
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
That is awesome! So I havn't bought a CB for the 4runner should I just buy a Ham to listen in? I can't transmit without a License right? Then I would time to study and take the test before Cruise Moab.

RockRunner
03-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I believe that is true for this year. But not next? Neil would be the one to ask. I do see us running Hells Gate again in the future at CM. Personally I just want to be confident on how to spot those obstacles. So if someone else wants to run Hells during the pre run, I'd just like someone who has spotted those things in the past to come too.

Spotting the Escalator is not to bad because there are very few things that can go wrong and I have tried them all;)

Now as for the Gate, that is a whole different story. I have done it and spotted it and it is still one that I cringe when I need to spot it. It is so easy for a driver to think they are OK and keep going on the lower section that they keep going, next thing they roll. Then there is the top section that is nearly the same way but to the other side.

Some great spotters to that section from are Gary W and Robbie, they know within inches of where to put your tires. I am closer to 6-8" :rolleyes: of where to put the tires. Good luck and hopefully somebody will be able to help, wish I was going :(

RockRunner
03-05-2012, 11:08 PM
That is awesome! So I havn't bought a CB for the 4runner should I just buy a Ham to listen in? I can't transmit without a License right? Then I would time to study and take the test before Cruise Moab.

You will still need a CB, just buy an inexpesive one and then get a ham. And you are correct, you CAN NOT transmit without a license but you can listen.

Old40Dog
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Leaving Thursday from Idaho Springs around 4PM with Zach! See ya at BFE!

Sascha, we can do Dome Plateau on the way home Sunday morning if some of the others do it Friday morning.

Hicntryflyguy
03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Bummed out!! Just got the call that I was 32nd on the list for San Rafael Swell overnight trip so I wasn't going to get to go! :eek: 20 rigs only. I was so looking forward to this trip, Oh well there is always next year. Looking forward to this up coming weekend. :thumb:

jonharis
03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Bummed out!! Just got the call that I was 32nd on the list for San Rafael Swell overnight trip so I wasn't going to get to go! :eek: 20 rigs only. I was so looking forward to this trip, Oh well there is always next year. Looking forward to this up coming weekend. :thumb:

Pretty much have to be on your computer when registration opens. I didn't get a call so I assume Im in.

Well, I've been doing a couple last minute tweaks to the truck and It's ready to go for next week. Going wheeling with the club this Saturday probably Dome or nearby. I'll be leaving Thursday afternoon. I'd like to run chicken corners just to re-familiarize myself with it. Other than that I just want to go wheeling and hang. I was hoping to have my HAM license by now but wasn't able to schedule the test at a time that worked. I'll have it with me but I'll be transmitting on CB. If anyone needs a yard to camp in on the way you are welcome to stay in mine, it's quiet. See you guys Thursday night. If anyone is driving through GJ on Thursday afternoon I wouldn't mind the caravan.

Corbet
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Some great spotters to that section from are Gary W and Robbie, they know within inches of where to put your tires.

Gary spotted me last year through the gate and I'll really like him to train me on spotting it. I did not lift a wheel. Well you were there.

RidinDurty
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Was at last nights met and heard about this! I'm definitely interested in leading or gunning. I will be there to meet up Thursday, can't wait to meet up!

Thanks,

Steven
(07 FJ Cruiser)

Romer
03-08-2012, 09:33 PM
You guys have fun. Sarah and I are going tomorrow. Rachel can't make it. So if you see a 100 series and an 80 series headed west on I-70 late tomorrow, that will be us.

Corbet
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
What's our plan for firewood this weekend?

Inukshuk
03-12-2012, 10:40 AM

I have some scraps I'll bring. Enough for one night's fire.

Do we have a final count and any proposed trails? I'd like to run the Dome Plateau route the same way we plan to run it at CM since I don't know that the way we informally ran it last year was the EJS EIS route. Since its 45 min or an hour from BFE to Dome (starts at Dewey Bridge) I'd like us to consider running it Friday, that way those of us who have to leave Denver later in the day could sleep anywhere from a hotel in GJ to camping at Rabbit Valley or Dewey Bridge and make the drive out easier Thursday. If you are at BFE Friday its still not a bad choice as we could meet at the trailhead at 9AM. I'm hesitant to run Dome Sunday AM as we don't know how long it will take and that could make for a very long drive home Sunday, but I'm willing to do that if we start early. I know a few guys drove home Sunday after Dome last year.

We could also make Saturday a Grand Tour day and run Dome and return to BFE by way of La Salle Mtn. pass, but that's a lot of pavement.

Other than Dome, I'm up for any trails.

Got the engine cooker and modified heat shield in last night and ready for the desert. My friend Doug will be joining us.

FJBRADY
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Was at last nights met and heard about this! I'm definitely interested in leading or gunning. I will be there to meet up Thursday, can't wait to meet up!

Thanks,

Steven
(07 FJ Cruiser)

Right on good to have you....offer still stands, I will be running Kane Creek either Friday or Saturday I would be happy to have you follow along to either run it or learn it.

I have two bundles....hopefully everyone will bring some firewood.

Corbet
03-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I have two bundles....hopefully everyone will bring some firewood.

I was hoping this was the plan again. I'll toss a bunch of firewood in my trailer too. As long as we don't have a hugh bonfire each night we should be fine. Besides it does not take much to burn Tom's keys anyway.

FJBRADY
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Besides it does not take much to burn Tom's keys anyway.

:flop:Tom won't be making this trip, but his trailer will :thumb:thanks Tom!

That was a good time when his keys jumped into the flame a couple of years ago.:hill:

leiniesred
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Daniel:

I don't have a final count. There is a list of "unconfirmed" registrations that needs to be worked through. These are people who signed up, but didn't pay for one reason or another. This could alter the count which is currently at 163, but it might shoot up to 206!

Technically, we offered 21 different trails this year, but not all trails on all days. Some have low max truck limits such as the kokopelli and arches, and then there are day limits (no long trails on raffle night), the swell, and then there are trails with low participation such as Area BFE and Pritchett.

As a guess, most trails will have around 15 trucks, but if we end up with 43 additional trucks, the popular trails will end up maxed out around 20.

Example: 14 trails on Friday/206 trucks = 15 trucks per trail average, but we won't find 15 people on chicken corners or Area BFE difficult.

Old40Dog
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I was hoping this was the plan again. I'll toss a bunch of firewood in my trailer too. As long as we don't have a hugh bonfire each night we should be fine. Besides it does not take much to burn Tom's keys anyway.

I'll bring some wood too. Also, have breakfast burritos for all on Friday morning so we can hit the trail ASAP.

Don't forget the official CM2012 BFE St. Patty's Day Parade and celebration Saturday evening! (Warning! May include "live music" and :beer:)

All try to bring something to throw in for the group breakfast Sunday morning too!

Inukshuk
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't have a final count.

Sorry - I meant for this weekend. Who and what trails, so I can bring the right maps and GPS stuff, figure out what people want to learn and where we can guide each other

I'll bring some wood too. Also, have breakfast burritos for all on Friday morning so we can hit the trail ASAP.

Awesome. Plenty of room on my grill to warm em too.

All try to bring something to throw in for the group breakfast Sunday morning too!

Lots of folks like to bug out early Sunday - maybe we do this BK Saturday?

Corbet
03-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I figure I'll probably be the first to arrive at BFE on Thursday. Planning on noon-ish Does the group want me to set claim to any specific area of BFE? Otherwise I'll just find a nice spot for my tent and you can all just build the CM12 city around me:D

Inukshuk
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Here are some Garmin format Moab waypoints and routes. The waypoints are downloadable at http://www.funtreks.com/. The routes are from my own runs.

spcruiser
03-13-2012, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=Corbet;200521]Myself, Bridger and Porter will be there again. I'm trying to drag some of the other Durango contingency down too.

Hey guys it looks like myself, Sara and the girls will be able to make it this weekend pulling in Thursday evening. Bringing the 80 the 40 is on the stretcher gaining some wheelbase.

Hulk
03-13-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm leaving for a business trip on Sunday. I was hoping to make it for the pre-run, but it's not going to happen. Have fun, guys!

JadeRunner
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I liked the camp spot we had last year where Tim N. always camps. On the outside corner after your enter the woods from the CM main raffle tent site. Not sure if that makes sense.

I will bring some wood also. I plan to pull in just before dark Thursday.

I figure I'll probably be the first to arrive at BFE on Thursday. Planning on noon-ish Does the group want me to set claim to any specific area of BFE? Otherwise I'll just find a nice spot for my tent and you can all just build the CM12 city around me:D

Jacket
03-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Man - I sure wish I was packing up to go to Utah this weekend. You guys have fun!

Corbet
03-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I liked the camp spot we had last year where Tim N. always camps. On the outside corner after your enter the woods from the CM main raffle tent site. Not sure if that makes sense.

I know what you mean :thumb:

Cheeseman
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Well looks like my wife and youngest son will be on our way for another great weekend of learning trails in Moab. Glad to help. We will probably stay in a hotel. My wife has been sick this week but desperately needs to get out of town. So send all your pleasant thoughts my way. Cuz you know I would rather stagger to a tent then to a hotel bed.

FJBRADY
03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Well looks like my wife and youngest son will be on our way for another great weekend of learning trails in Moab. Glad to help. We will probably stay in a hotel. My wife has been sick this week but desperately needs to get out of town. So send all your pleasant thoughts my way. Cuz you know I would rather stagger to a tent then to a hotel bed.

Aye even a sober Cheeseman is welcome......:cheers: Good to have you and the fam.

I still remember laughing hysterically last year when Yoder and Rudy went on the night run in BFE.....good times!

Hicntryflyguy
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM
So what is the trail line up on Friday? I will be pulling in around 11am Friday and hoping to catch up on trail with the group, group CB channel is 4 and we are :camping: at BFE. Will bring wood for :campfire: and extra food for group breakfast, also :drink: for St. Patty day.

Inukshuk
03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
On Saturday we need to plan around the http://www.moabhalfmarathon.org/halfmarathon/faq.cfm

Corbet
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM

I hope she feels better soon. I'm battling a bug myself and hope to be functional by Thursday. Stayed home today to rest. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Inukshuk
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
So what is the trail line up on Friday? I will be pulling in around 11am Friday and hoping to catch up on trail with the group, group CB channel is 4 and we are :camping: at BFE. Will bring wood for :campfire: and extra food for group breakfast, also :drink: for St. Patty day.

We need :deadhorse: here for me: Dome Friday AM? Meet 9 or 10 there? Its about an hour from Dome to BFE. Saturday will not work with the 1/2 marathon. Sunday will work of we do group BK Saturday and leave early Sunday. Night! :cheers:

JadeRunner
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM
We should try to get a plan together for Friday. Sounds like maybe a group with Dan Friday at the Dome would be a good idea.

I would still like to start with Hells and get back into own around lunch time and regroup.

I would like to run Moab Rim at some point since I'm leading it. But. I'm open on what to run the second half of the day.

Corbet
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd be good with Hells Friday am then I'll hit porcupine as I'm leading that.

Hicntryflyguy
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
So far this is what we have.

Friday AM

Dome
-Inukshuk

Hell's
-Corbet
-SPCRUISER
-Jade Runner
-Hicntryflyguy (meet up on trail)
-Inukshuk

Friday PM

Porcupine
- Corbet
- SPCRUISER
- Air Randy
- Hicntryflyguy
- Inukshuk

Kane Creek
- FJBrady (or Saturday)
- JonHaris

Metal Masher
- FJBrady (or Saturday)

Saturday AM (Group Breakfast)

Moab Rim
- Jade Runner
- Hicntryflyguy
- Inukshuk

Hell's
- Nattybumppo

Saturday PM

Fins & Things
- JonHaris

Chicken Corners
- JonHaris

Sunday

Dome *Early start*
- Nattybumppo
- Hicntryflyguy
- Inukshuk
- JonHaris

FJBRADY
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
I will be running Metal Masher and Kane Creek on either day, but happy to add a second trail to both days.

nattybumppo
03-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I will be running Hells on Saturday, hopefully with company! Greg? Neil? Steve?

Then Dome on Sunday. Dave? Steve? Others?

FJBRADY
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
I will be running Hells on Saturday, hopefully with company! Greg? Neil? Steve?

Then Dome on Sunday. Dave? Steve? Others?

Ill runs hells in the am if you want to do KC or MM in the afternoon.

Sunday I will be heading out early so no dome for me.

Caribou Sandstorm
03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I am out boys but if one of my parts comes in for my rig, and I can getter done, I will try to make it..

Will have to see how work and all goes in the next 48 hours..

Corbet
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm going to assume Steve Powers "SPCruiser" will probably run the same as me on Friday. Hell's/Porc. As he is gunning for me on Porc during CM12

Air Randy
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Ill runs hells in the am if you want to do KC or MM in the afternoon.

Sunday I will be heading out early so no dome for me.

What trails am I gunning with you? I'm leading Porcupine Rim so I will probably run that with Corbet Friday AM then whatever trail you run in the PM. Whatever you run on Saturday that I'm gunning with you, I'll also run.

I'm stuck in the Santa Ana airport right now waiting for a delayed flight out of San Francisco. Looks like I'll still make it home tonight though a little late. I'll get everything loaded up early in the AM.

Inukshuk
03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm down with Dome Sunday if we can commit to an early start - Nattybumppo? Hicntryflyguy? Early departure ok? Nothing insane, but not 9 or 10 am.

Hicntryflyguy thx for the list

So Friday can be Hells & Porc (a great combo)
Saturday: hangover, Breakfast and Rim (I have never run it - scared as I am of off camber)
Sunday: Dome and Home

I'm changing oil now and finishing up the engine cooker install.

Hicntryflyguy
03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
early start is fine with me on Sunday for a Dome run.

jonharis
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon, Would like to join you guys for Kane Creek if possible also Dome on Sunday. Wife and kids are comming up on Saturday and I'll have to meet up with them. I'll be staying in hotel on Saturday. Overall I could care less what runs I do, I would like a chance to run fins/hells and chicken corners (no one seems to want to do that one). I'll bring plenty of booze and firewood, not much on food as I'll be alone. Looking forward to it guys!

Jonathan
970-2SIX0-943TWO
jonharisATgmailDOTcom

Inukshuk
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon, Would like to join you guys for Kane Creek if possible also Dome on Sunday. Wife and kids are comming up on Saturday and I'll have to meet up with them. I'll be staying in hotel on Saturday. Overall I could care less what runs I do, I would like a chance to run fins/hells and chicken corners (no one seems to want to do that one). I'll bring plenty of booze and firewood, not much on food as I'll be alone. Looking forward to it guys!

Jonathan
970-2SIX0-943TWO
jonharisATgmailDOTcom

And I'm bringing a CD of CM 11 pictures for you....finally :rolleyes:

jonharis
03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
And I'm bringing a CD of CM 11 pictures for you....finally :rolleyes:

YES!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing them.

leiniesred
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I have to work late tonight. I'll have to head for Moab tomorrow morning.

Inukshuk
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I would like a chance to run fins/hells and chicken corners (no one seems to want to do that one)

Time permitting Saturday afternoon I'd run Chicken Corners with you. I'd maybe even skip Moab Rim but its one of the few I have never done, and Saturday is shaping up to be a mellow day.

Have you seen my Garmin GPS track of Chicken Corners? Key to that run is the pictograph rock on the way out, hike at the end and having lunch/exploring at Catacomb Rock on the return trip. We can definitely review the route on a map. I led it last year

MDH33
03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Huge favor to ask.

Can anyone who is going to the trail leader training this weekend haul some parts out for me? Gary H. (Gahi on the forum)lives in Moab and bought a soft top and bows from me. If someone could take these out there, we would be grateful. I'll send you off with some :beer: too. :thumb:

Let me know. Thanks!

jonharis
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Time permitting Saturday afternoon I'd run Chicken Corners with you. I'd maybe even skip Moab Rim but its one of the few I have never done, and Saturday is shaping up to be a mellow day.

Have you seen my Garmin GPS track of Chicken Corners? Key to that run is the pictograph rock on the way out, hike at the end and having lunch/exploring at Catacomb Rock on the return trip. We can definitely review the route on a map. I led it last year

Thanks Mark!
That reminds me, I will be bringing hard copies off all of the maps that I created last year. I would like to look at them individually with the people who are familiar with each trail. I created the maps utilizing a variety of sources, and ultimately my own knowledge of the area. Some of the things I am interested in discussing are obstacle names, locations and recommended travel directions. Also any other recommendations for improvement will be appreciated.

Another option I would be OK with would be to post the maps here for comment. If that sounds good, maybe recommend a subfoorum that I can start creating threads. Would it be good to put all maps in one thread or have their own for easier tracking of comments?

It would also be great to Get GPX tracks for Dome Plateau although If I run it I'll collect a file with a survey grade GPS that I have.

Here is a list of the maps I have completed, What am I missing?:

Behind the Rocks
Chicken Corners
Cliff hanger
Elephant Hill
Fins-n-Things
Gold Bar Rim
Golden Spike
Hell's Revenge
Kane Creek Canyon
Metal Masher
Moab Rim
Poison Spider
Porcupine Rim
Pritchett Canyon
Rose Garden Hill
Sevenmile Rim
Wipe-Out Hill

Here are a couple of examples.

Inukshuk
03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Huge favor to ask.

Can anyone who is going to the trail leader training this weekend haul some parts out for me? Gary H. (Gahi on the forum)lives in Moab and bought a soft top and bows from me. If someone could take these out there, we would be grateful. I'll send you off with some :beer: too. :thumb:

Let me know. Thanks!

PM Sent - I'm still here. Hope to wrap work by 2, pack, roll by 3, meet a buddy at T-rex lot.

Cheeseman
03-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Cheeseman here. Can't leave until Friday AM. Not sure what time yet. So probably won't get a trail until Sat AM. Would like Hell's if possible. Leave early Sun AM so no Dome.

Inukshuk
03-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Leaving Denver now. monitoring 146.460. the connection and for laughs, CB4

jonharis
03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Leaving Grand Junction Now......

Hicntryflyguy
03-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Two hours before blast off to Moab for the weekend :perry:4runner is loaded and ready rock and roll!!

jonharis
03-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Two hours before blast off to Moab for the weekend :perry:4runner is loaded and ready rock and roll!!

Matt
We are en route to metal masher.

MikeBoyle
03-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Hope you all are having fun. Both mine and Keith's trucks are still down so neither could make it. We are planning to do a pre run on Behind the Rocks and Metal Masher after EJS so we can get a line on the trail conditions after the crouds go through.

leiniesred
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Great idea, Mike. Things get dug out quite a bit by the end of eastern Jeep.

On the other hand, there is usually a good supply of stackin' rocks near each obstacle by the end of Eastern Jeep too!

I ran the rudycon up the beginning of BTR and there isn't much left to dig out there!

Thank you Mike and Keith and all the safari guys for leading trails at CM 2012.