PDA

View Full Version : Honda Pilot Tire Recommendation

Inukshuk
10-31-2011, 04:33 PM
my sister has a 2009 Honda Pilot. She lives near Seattle and the road in her neighborhood is kind a steep and is private, so if its snowy they have the extra traction need, but mostly they need a good all around tire with excellent rain performance.

Now she has P245/65R-17 105S FRD Goodyear Fortera HL.

Dunlop Rover H/T?
Goodyear Assurance CS Fuel Max?
Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S?
Goodyear Wrangler SR-A?

Thanks!

Woodsman
10-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Dan, my sister just bought a 2011 Honda Pilot Touring and it came equipped with Michelin LTX M/S. I can't report so much on her personal experience but the reviews on them are very good and they are chock full o' sipes. She's spending the winter at her place in British Columbia so we'll get a good winter report in a few months.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+M%2FS&partnum=465TR7LTX&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2011&autoModel=Pilot&autoModClar=Touring

wesintl
10-31-2011, 05:54 PM
swampers :dunno:

Inukshuk
10-31-2011, 07:23 PM
swampers :dunno:

:p: I'll try

Corbet
10-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Nokian WRG2 SUV

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11955&group=2.01.02&name=Nokian+WRG2+SUV

We had the older version of this tire on the Subaru before going to studs for the winter. They were great in rain/snow. Run them in Summit CO for a few years. After moving down here the roads in our subdivision mandated studs.

Personally I really like the two sets of tires program. Studs are hard to beat in the winter and you can run more affordable summer tires. Plus the summers can be run longer without fear of poor winter traction.

Jacket
10-31-2011, 09:23 PM
This is what we've been running on my wife's MDX.

Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+H%2FL+Alenza&partnum=365HR7HLALNZ&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Acura&autoYear=2004&autoModel=MDX&autoModClar=)

Good tire for the money, and tons of good reviews on the forums and tire rack. We've got about 45,000 miles out of the set she's on now (and they're pretty much done), and I think the warranty is around 60k.

Rezarf
10-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I had a set of the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on a Corolla for before we sold it and they were AWESOME in rain and snow, and really quiet on the road to boot.

It was like night and day when we drove in the rain with those things. If I get another passenger car, they will be my first choice without a doubt.

Corbet
10-31-2011, 10:22 PM
I had a set of the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on a Corolla for before we sold it and they were AWESOME in rain and snow, and really quiet on the road to boot.

It was like night and day when we drove in the rain with those things. If I get another passenger car, they will be my first choice without a doubt.

I had those on one of my demo's when driving Vail Pass every day. That is another good tire IMO. I drove up to Leadville one night pushing snow with the bumper of the Outback. No issues with traction.

Inukshuk
11-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks - I'll check them all out. Also, the lease is up in 8 months so they are not looking to make a major investment, but also not about to skimp on safety.

Corbet
11-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks - I'll check them all out. Also, the lease is up in 8 months so they are not looking to make a major investment, but also not about to skimp on safety.

I'd just get a cheap set of stud-less snow tires then.