PDA

View Full Version : Is Perry o-k?

PabloCruise
11-02-2011, 09:08 AM
It looks like his email got hacked and sent out a plea for $ to the RS Mail List.

Just want to make sure Perry is safe and sound...

Groucho
11-02-2011, 09:18 AM
I texted him, but I just did it so I am not sure when he will respond. If he indeed is in the pickle in the email, he doesn't have his phone.

Anyone else get the email? The funny thing is the source code reveals the email originated from

blu0-omc1-s25.blu0.hotmail.com

Which is registered in Seattle. The originating ip address is

sender IP is 65.55.116.36

Which is in Louisiana.

Can I send the source code to anyone of our IT gurus via PM and have them check the source better?

If Perry is in trouble, I will do whatever I can, but this seems fishy.

PabloCruise
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Cool, thanks Groucho.
Let's keep an eye on this until Perry pops up!

wesintl
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
lol totally a scam.. he doesn't have Credit cards.

Hello

Hope you are doing well today?Am in a great sorrow writing you this mail,I could barely think straight
at this point,I'm sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling...I'm presently in Madrid,Spain on short
program and as i write to you now, its unbelievable I'm stranded here,I was robbed at gun point
on my way to a hotel where I lodged and my money,credit cards,phone and other valuable things
were taken off me at gun point.I thank God for safe keeping my passport.
I really need your urgent assistance now,I just need loan of €1000euro to sort out my hotel bills and
other transactions or any amount you can raise for me.I promise to refund it back to you with interest
once I get back home.Although I still have some cash in my bank account but i can't access it here right
now,I have already cancelled all my cards immediately after the criminals took my things off
me. I am at a public internet library where am making use of the free internet access so that I can
contact you on this issue.
Please let me know if you can be of help and I will forever be grateful.
Waiting to hear from you as soon as possible. Please save me from been embarrassed.

Regards

Perry

DaveInDenver
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Sounded almost like something that could happen to Perry, although the language was just a little off. I assumed it was a hacked email spam.

Inukshuk
11-02-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL!!!! :lmao::lmao: Perry is fine. Hes been hacked. I called and told him.

But I have a blown headgasket...am..sad..and needingt..fix to truck. If you could wire $4,500USD me to accountI willpay commissin you to. Good safe thanks blessing on you many.

Daniel

Inukshuk
11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
He laughed when I told him that it almost sounded like him, but not really. ;)

Groucho
11-02-2011, 10:10 AM
The credit card thing did sound funny, but Perry does always show up in weird places, so Madrid Spain wasn't outta the question.

The language was definitely poor.

Thanks Daniel for your input that he was called.

60wag
11-02-2011, 10:28 AM
The "on short program" statement somehow didn't sound like Perry.

corsair23
11-02-2011, 11:07 AM
The "on short program" statement somehow didn't sound like Perry.

Neither did the part about staying in a hotel :hill:

Sounds like someone needs to show Perry how to install an anti-virus and spam program :thumb:

RockRunner
11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
To funny, I just love the way they write these emails.

PabloCruise
11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought it sounded like a scam, but then you know how Perry always likes to deal in Euros...

bh4rnnr
11-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Ment to post up last night but fell asleep after dinner.

Yeah, my account got hacked. Changed my bank account password right away. After that the rest of the day was comical. Pal May called to make sure I was alright and we even had my step brother going for a minute.

But thanks all for making sure I was ok.

Red_Chili
11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I thought it sounded just LIKE Perry! LOL

All your credit card are belong to us.

ttubb
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Last month my mother (86 yrs) got a phone call supposedly from my son, Justin. She said it sounded like him (she is a bit hard of hearing) and the caller said he was arrested in Canada and needed $2500 to post bail. He said "dont tell dad because he will get upset...." and proceeded to put on another man who was the "Sargent" at the police station.
Upshot...She actually withdrew the $2500 and went to Walmart to wire the money. The good folks at Walmart noticed the name/address of the wire and told her it was a scam and not to send the money. She called my son's phone and he answered at home, safe and sound! BOGUS :eek:

I told my daughter about it and she tells me one of her friends mom got scammed out of some $19,000 or so by the same type of scam.

I thought everyone had heard of this and was shocked when my mom admitted what she had almost done.

Brief your older parents on this, because it can happen.

Glad Perry is safe and OK. Big thanks to Walmart! Terry

bh4rnnr
11-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Last month my mother (86 yrs) got a phone call supposedly from my son, Justin. She said it sounded like him (she is a bit hard of hearing) and the caller said he was arrested in Canada and needed $2500 to post bail. He said "dont tell dad because he will get upset...." and proceeded to put on another man who was the "Sargent" at the police station.
Upshot...She actually withdrew the $2500 and went to Walmart to wire the money. The good folks at Walmart noticed the name/address of the wire and told her it was a scam and not to send the money. She called my son's phone and he answered at home, safe and sound! BOGUS :eek:

I told my daughter about it and she tells me one of her friends mom got scammed out of some $19,000 or so by the same type of scam.

I thought everyone had heard of this and was shocked when my mom admitted what she had almost done.

Brief your older parents on this, because it can happen.

Glad Perry is safe and OK. Big thanks to Walmart! Terry

That's crazy Terry.

A long while ago my step-brother was traveling Canada. Grandpa got a call from some one claiming to be him. Grandpa new it was a scam and told the guy good luck.