PDA

View Full Version : I need one of these for my truck!

Myredyota
11-05-2011, 11:33 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Go to post 10!

I hate to say it, but I think I have arthritis in my hands. I use a hand held computer for work that has just about killed my thumbs. On a day to day basis, it doesn't bother me much. It is really noticeable when I do something out of the ordinary. Like locking my hubs! Unfortunately I don't get to do that very often, (I don't get to the mall very often!). I know they make a tool for the Warn hubs but not the Toyota hubs. Any ideas? Can anyone here make something like this?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tools/R-P-4WD-The-Hubber.aspx?t_c=71&t_s=317&t_pt=101230&t_pl=103907&Price+Range_PQ=Under+%2450

60wag
11-05-2011, 06:19 PM
A metal bar with two bolts through it should get you the leverage you're looking for.

Uncle Ben
11-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Go through you hubs and replace the gasket and O ring. You will be rewarded greatly!

Myredyota
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Go through you hubs and replace the gasket and O ring. You will be rewarded greatly!

I still need my thumbs! Both hubs work fine, thumbs don't. I just need something I can grip. Talked to Mark Chaney today about this. I think he is going to fire up his welder for me. I have an idea of how to do it. We will hopefully get to it before I have to go to the mall again. :hill:

SteveH
11-06-2011, 06:30 AM
I'd think you could make a nice one from oak or laminated hardwoods. It would look nice, not be cold in the winter, and not hack up the outside of the Warn hubs.

If you don't like Selectro hubs, you have to admit that they were easy to turn (if you could figure out which way to turn them ;-)).

bomber22
11-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I think he needs something for toyota hubs, ttt.

black95
11-06-2011, 08:47 AM
I read something a long time ago about someone using a PVC plumbing "T". Can't rememberif it was 3/4 or 1", use a hacksaw and cut a notch that fits the hub in the middle T stub. Cheap and light. But, I'm with Kevin, cleaning the hub o ring and put some white lithium grease on the o ring, makes a huge difference.

Man Jerk
11-06-2011, 09:19 AM
I read something a long time ago about someone using a PVC plumbing "T". Can't rememberif it was 3/4 or 1", use a hacksaw and cut a notch that fits the hub in the middle T stub. Cheap and light. But, I'm with Kevin, cleaning the hub o ring and put some white lithium grease on the o ring, makes a huge difference.

I have one of these someplace. Pretty neat idea and works very well, especially on stubborn hub dials. i don't use it much as I haven't even thought about it for a while.

Myredyota
11-06-2011, 12:23 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking about last night. Both hubs lock and unlock freely, the thumbs don't.

Myredyota
11-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I went to Home Depot and bought a couple of things! This was so easy! Thanks for everyone's help. I asked Peg to try the hubs before I messed with this. She did not have an issue. It's all me.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/myredyota/misc/HubToolParts.jpg

Check it out on Youtube, click here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIt_vm6pj0g)