PDA

View Full Version : Holy S......

Romer
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
From 1-4 to 5-5 and in the hunt for the division. I think if the Raiders lose this weekend, the Broncos are in first place based on division and conference record

Holy Sh . . . . . .

kurtnkegger
11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
I thought the Broncos would be well in to next season before they got their 5th win...Holy s.... indeed

Bighead
11-18-2011, 09:35 AM
It was a shocker to see the game result when I woke up this morning.

Jacket
11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
It's pretty funny how this season has progressed for the Broncos.

First few games: Orton sucks. Play Tebow.

Broncos put Tebow in: Tebow can't succeed in a "normal" offense. Broncos need to tailor it to Tebow.

Broncos staff puts in run-only offense: This is the NFL. Broncos can't succeed long term with a "college offense" with no option to throw.

It's a no-win situation for Tebow and the Broncos, yet all the while they keep winning with Tebow in the lineup. He's definitely got something special.

I should pray more.

wesintl
11-18-2011, 10:26 AM
man is he a train wreck throwing the ball. I can't believe he's that bad. But, he can run over people and get to the end zone

Romer
11-18-2011, 10:29 AM
The nice thing, it's fun watching them again. At least near the end of the game

MountainGoat
11-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Even with all the 3 and outs, at least you know something big could happen any minute. Not so much with Orton.

Jacket
11-18-2011, 10:57 AM
You can thank the defense for that. They are keeping Denver in the game, giving Tebow an opportunity to win it.

simps80
11-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Von Miller had Sanchez so scared he didn't want to take a snap

He's the real deal.

corsair23
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM

Even with all the 3 and outs, at least you know something big could happen any minute. Not so much with Orton.

Exactly...Just the mere thought of seeing something exciting, something big, makes it fun to watch a game again :) - Last night was the first game I've watched end to end in a long, long, time.

It is obvious that Tebow is REAL hit and miss as a passer...That said, any of you catch the interview with John Elway before the game? :hill:

For those of us that were here during the early Elway years, we all know it wasn't all good back then....

Elway interview (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d82439df4/Elway-on-Tebow-I-ve-never-seen-anything-like-him)

Jump to the 2:30 mark :D

wesintl
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
“Wow, there is literally not a person in the world I would want to have as my quarterback any less than Tim Tebow,” said Broncos head coach John Fox. “Including children and the crippled. Every snap he takes makes me wretch. But the guy is a winner.”

kurtnkegger
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Broncos receiver Eric Decker says that every play from scrimmage has become depressing.

“I used to like football,” he said. “I dreamed of playing in the NFL and catching 80 to 100 passes a season as a respected star who contributes to his team. But because of Tebow I’m reduced to blocking and running decoy routes. I want to push him down a flight of stairs, but I just can’t seem to stop myself from putting him on my shoulders and carrying him off the field after every victory.”

Romer
11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Holy Crap

They moved above 500 after starting at 1-4

He actually threw the ball well for the most part and there were two dropped passes

I saved tickets to go to the New England game, thats looking like it could be good

powderpig
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM
I too was listening tonight a bit. then I could not, so I hit the internet to see how the Bronco's was doing. I was suprized at the results. It is cool to see a this young buck doing the job some could not do before. Pulling a team together. Very cool

Caribou Sandstorm
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I believe being a winner does not mean you have all the talent in the world, it just means you have something special that others want to be a part of....

I am a big fan of Tebow, I love the under dog!

Rezarf
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
The only thing that has changed the season around for the Bronco's is...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01405/tea_1405761c.jpghttp://compoundbow.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/browning-rage.jpg

People love to hate him, but he's winning. Run and gun in the NFL may not be the norm, but so far it is working for the Broncos. His passing will come along if he can stay healthy and not get hurt. But man, if they can get the passing game going... watch out! He was like 50% tonight. :thumb:

On a personal note, in our watered down PC world... I love an outspoken man of faith, that acutally backs it up in his lifestyle. Give me mo' T-BOW! :bill:

Air Randy
11-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Give credit where it is due but today Tebow was only a small part of the story.

The defense has come together and are really keeping the scores low and keeping the Bronco's close. Otherwise they would not be able to stay in their grind it out run/option based offense and be close enough at the end for Tebow to push for one more score. If another team stops up the run and puts up some points, forcing Tebow to throw a lot you will see a lot of turn overs and 3 and outs. Think new England...........

Special teams has really stepped up too.

I think Tim has really brought some excitement back to the Bronco's but I think their improved record is more because the entire team has started playing better and not just because of Tebow.

Everyone has a right to their faith and how they display it. Personally though, I think Tim would set a better example if he continues to be the great guy he is, involved in the community, etc but leave the religous comments out of the post game interviews. He can be as out spoken as he wants the rest of the time but I think it doesn't mix well with the game. I really don't think God cares about football and especially about taking sides or helping out one player.

RockRunner
11-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I have to agree with you Randy, at the end of the game he was praying for a missed field goal. So how is that supposed to work? Is he better than the kicker? Does he deserve more or does he deserve to win compared to the Chargers? Praying before and after is cool and I think most people would agree with that but not during a particular play.

And yes the D is keeping them in most if not all games, just think if TBowcould toss for 250the yards and run for a 100missed the team would be great.

Romer
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
And now the Division Leaders as we own the tie breakers

Actually saw some good passing from Tebow today. Wish they wouldnt wait till the 2nd half though.

The games are exciting at least to watch in the 4th qtr

corsair23
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I have to agree with you Randy, at the end of the game he was praying for a missed field goal. So how is that supposed to work? Is he better than the kicker? Does he deserve more or does he deserve to win compared to the Chargers? Praying before and after is cool and I think most people would agree with that but not during a particular play.

I've heard that mentioned many times...I wonder, how does anyone know what Tebow was praying for at the time? Just curious why people assumed he was praying for a missed field goal on SD's part - or maybe I missed the interview where he stated he was praying for that vs. say something else. Personally I don't particularly care what he was praying for at that particular time but IMO I just don't buy that he would pray for something bad to happen to someone else :rolleyes:

That aside, I read this today and found it funny :hill:

What Tim Tebow Can't Do (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203833104577070351117638504.html#printMode)

I heard mentioned on the radio today that, for what it is worth, Tebow also hasn’t won the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing…J

Hulk
12-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Jeff, that's hilarious. Personally, I can't believe that Tim Tebow has never captured a live dinosaur.

TIMZTOY
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
The only thing that has changed the season around for the Bronco's is...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01405/tea_1405761c.jpghttp://compoundbow.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/browning-rage.jpg

earl gray tea, compound bow !!!!:confused:

RockRunner
12-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I've heard that mentioned many times...I wonder, how does anyone know what Tebow was praying for at the time? Just curious why people assumed he was praying for a missed field goal on SD's part - or maybe I missed the interview where he stated he was praying for that vs. say something else. Personally I don't particularly care what he was praying for at that particular time but IMO I just don't buy that he would pray for something bad to happen to someone else :rolleyes:

That aside, I read this today and found it funny :hill:

What Tim Tebow Can't Do (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203833104577070351117638504.html#printMode)

I heard mentioned on the radio today that, for what it is worth, Tebow also hasn’t won the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing…J

You're right Jeff I don't know what he was praying for but I can tell you what the priest or Rabi prays for in the locker room before a game and you would be surprised at what comes out of their mouths. I always found it strange and interesting at the time and even asked one of our "guest" Prue game prayer leaders the question why God would bless us more than the other team, his answer........."because we deserve to win"

I don't want to start a debate on religion and have absolutely no problem with players giving thanks after a great play or TD. And actually I think it is a great thing for kids to see that after the game the players meet at midfield to pray for the game and their personal thoughts. It shows kids it is still a game and that you can be friends after the game.

Anyway not knowing what Tebow was actually praying for is correct, thinking I know what he was praying for priceless...:rolleyes:

simps80
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
And now the Division Leaders as we own the tie breakers

Actually saw some good passing from Tebow today. Wish they wouldnt wait till the 2nd half though.

The games are exciting at least to watch in the 4th qtr

This.

he's getting better ...

Bighead
12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I can't believe they did it again.

wesintl
12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
wow.. just wow.

Uncle Ben
12-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Prater ROCKS!

Romer
12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I was thinking no way this time. Unbelieveable

I doubt they can do that against Tom Brady and New England. Glad I am going to that game.

rover67
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I couldn't believe it either.

Wow.

Corbet
12-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Thank you, Tim Tebow for beating the Bears.

nakman
12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Well I enjoyed that very much, but the Bears lost that one a lot more than the Broncos won it. Still, who doesn't like 6 in a row.. :woot:

LETSROLL
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
There were a ton of Bears fan in sthe stadium yesterday. I'm in 106 and the whole section was making noise when the Broncos were on offense. Whats up with that?!

Bighead
12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I friend of mine who lives in Florida, is from Chicago and is a huge Bears fan was at the game yesterday. He stopped answering my text messages towards the end of the 4th quarter. ;)

Jacket
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
If they beat New England, I might have to re-engineer my spirituality.

wesintl
12-12-2011, 12:22 PM
If the lowly dead skins can almost beat the pats the donkeys definitely have a shot.

Romer
12-12-2011, 01:35 PM
He may be getting what he wants

How many people said "Jesus Christ" when they made that field goal with 3 seconds left. I did and I am Jewish :D

DaveInDenver
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
He may be getting what he wants

How many people said "Jesus Christ" when they made that field goal with 3 seconds left. I did and I am Jewish :D
Or, like the thread, Holy S...

Speaking of sports and religion, how about Sandy Koufax? He refused to pitch game 1 of the 1965 World Series because it fell on Yom Kippur. Drysdale (who was obviously not Jewish, or at least not devout if so) took the ball in his place. For Koufax's sacrifice (as it were) the Dodgers lost that game. In fact when Koufax went the next day for game 2 the Dodgers lost that game as reward (as it were) for atonement. But I suppose God doesn't play favorites really, in the end the Dodgers won the Series and Koufax threw two shuts in games 5 and 7 (he pitched game 7 on 2-days rest even). Well, maybe in that sense, he did have some 'divine' intervention with his arm.

wesintl
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM
zMK9FKMG3Nc

simps80
12-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm taking the Al Davis approach this year...since he's dead someone's gotta take over for him ..

just win baby

corsair23
12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Well I enjoyed that very much, but the Bears lost that one a lot more than the Broncos won it. Still, who doesn't like 6 in a row.. :woot:

I was thinking the same thing, then again if Prater didn't get his first field goal blocked, and whats-his-name caught the TD pass instead of dropping it in the 3rd quarter we may not have needed the miracle finish :hill: - What seemed obvious to me is that the Bears' defense was just looking for opportunities to punish Tebow and did a good job of containing him for most of the game...Got to :bowdown: to Prater though

Uncle Ben
12-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Tom Brady, after living a full life, died.
When he got to heaven, God was showing him around.
They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window.
"This house is yours for eternity Tom" , said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."
Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the ............corner.
It was a huge 3-story mansion with Orange and Blue sidewalks and drive ways, a 50 foot tall flagpole
with an enormous Broncos logo flag waving, a swimming pool in shape of a horse,
a Broncos logo in every window, and a Tim Tebow jersey on the front door.

Tom looked at God and said -
"God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question.
I was an all-pro QB, I won 3 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point Tom?"

"Well, why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said, "Tom, that's not Tim's house, it's mine."

Romer
12-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Tom Brady, after living a full life, died.
When he got to heaven, God was showing him around.
They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window.
"This house is yours for eternity Tom" , said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."
Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the ............corner.
It was a huge 3-story mansion with Orange and Blue sidewalks and drive ways, a 50 foot tall flagpole
with an enormous Broncos logo flag waving, a swimming pool in shape of a horse,
a Broncos logo in every window, and a Tim Tebow jersey on the front door.

Tom looked at God and said -
"God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question.
I was an all-pro QB, I won 3 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point Tom?"

"Well, why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said, "Tom, that's not Tim's house, it's mine."

:lmao::beer2:

Romer
12-18-2011, 10:53 AM
god speaks to Tebow http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394

bh4rnnr
12-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh boy (http://tebowing.com/post/14066073929/someone-finally-did-some-tebowing-under-the-dia?5078fb40).....:eek:

Caribou Sandstorm
12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
That was funny!

Romer
01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Well . . .. . Holy Crap!

Corbet
01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
After today's game the title of this thread is worthy of "sticky" status.

Romer
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
2 50, a 30 and an 80 yeard pass. Seems like he upped the passing game.

nakman
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Amazing. just amazing... bring it, New England!

wesintl
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
he looked pretty good. They really needed to convert TD on those 2 in the red zone and if mcgehee doesn't fumble it's not close.

FJBRADY
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
he looked pretty good. They really needed to convert TD on those 2 in the red zone and if mcgehee doesn't fumble it's not close.

Tru dat, what he said.

Romer
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I still am confused by the backward pass that wasnt a fumble. They ruled it incomplete because they thought it was a regular pass, but the review clearly showed it as a backward pass where being incomplete doesnt matter.

wesintl
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM
the problem is they blew the whistle as soon as he dropped it so the play was dead at that point. it couldn't be overturned. They got screwed on that too.

Shark Bait
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
It was pretty exciting being there. Bedlam after the OT win. :thumb:

RockRunner
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Great game, to funny but not if you are a Steeler's fan............I guess

Old40Dog
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
That's great Tom!

Not really even a footbal fan......but, that OT... WOW!!!.. Kinda like those guys pictured on the Steelers bench, I'd have to say what just happened here?

One play for a TD???...What??? What a finish!!!....Something we'll be seeing on TV again and again...

FJCDan
01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
That's great Tom!

Not really even a footbal fan......but, that OT... WOW!!!.. Kinda like those guys pictured on the Steelers bench, I'd have to say what just happened here?

One play for a TD???...What??? What a finish!!!....Something we'll be seeing on TV again and again...

Now maybe I won't have to see the drive and fumble anymore.

wesintl
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
"Tim Tebow: now officially the most famous white Bronco since OJ's truck."

Uncle Ben
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::thumb::thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
That was an awesome game..

Watched the second half from a Mexican restaurant in Fruita...Headed to the hotel as soon as it went to OT.....what was I thinking......

Got to the hotel, game was already over..

Rezarf
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM

I just spit my drink out onto my laptop! :D :D :D :lmao::lmao::lmao:

PabloCruise
01-10-2012, 09:22 AM
We ended up with some last minute tickets - what a great game.

The best part was getting my little guy out on the field!

nakman
01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Aw, that's awesome TJ!

kfD8p6Qods8

wesintl
01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
alright this one is pretty funny

jD6B1CXXgM0

MountainGoat
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
:lmao:

"Denver airport openly trolls Steelers fans
By MJD | Shutdown Corner – 23 hours ago

Imagine being a Steelers fan that made the trip to Denver for the wild-card game between the Steelers and Broncos. You sat there in the cold, watching your team struggle for three hours, only to tie the game at the end of regulation and give you hope … until Tim Tebow crushed all your hopes and dreams with one flick of his golden wrist.

All you want to do is lick your wounds and get back home, where you can make sense of what just happened. You get to the airport, your head down, just wanting to sleep and drink the memories away on that long flight, but as you get to the gate, you're greeted with this:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/mountaingoat/general/united.jpg

A message greeting Steelers fans on their flight out of Denver

Oh, that's low, United (snicker).

I guess a little bit of gloating goes with the territory. I know many Steelers fans, and they are not the shy, shrinking violet type. I'm sure the locals at the Denver airport heard their share of trash talk as the Terrible Towels paraded into town. Just one more little indignity to take with them on the way home."

Beachboy
01-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't get it. The Bronco's have won some and lost some while Tebow has been quarterback. It sounds like a average quarterback to me! And it wasn't just Tebow that has won these games it was the team. I always thought it was funny this year when Orton lost games it was all Orton fault, when Tebow lost is was the teams fault - what is wrong? I think we have bigger problems next year as Quinn leaves, probably some other players, some assistant coaches and what good quarterback will be second string behind Tebow? After this I hope the best for the Bronco's and Tebow but I am waiting until next year to give my full support to the team, that is if they do good!

kurtnkegger
01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
It sounds like a average quarterback to me! And it wasn't just Tebow that has won these games it was the team. I always thought it was funny this year when Orton lost games it was all Orton fault, when Tebow lost is was the teams fault

I think you're spot on with Tebow being an average QB. Time will tell as he matures and see if he grows in the NFL.

As far as the second point, I think it defines the difference in a team player, and not. Tebow has never put himself in any other role, than a team member. I think that's why the Broncos are more fun to watch with the current roster.

Air Randy
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't get it. The Bronco's have won some and lost some while Tebow has been quarterback. It sounds like a average quarterback to me! And it wasn't just Tebow that has won these games it was the team. I always thought it was funny this year when Orton lost games it was all Orton fault, when Tebow lost is was the teams fault - what is wrong? I think we have bigger problems next year as Quinn leaves, probably some other players, some assistant coaches and what good quarterback will be second string behind Tebow? After this I hope the best for the Bronco's and Tebow but I am waiting until next year to give my full support to the team, that is if they do good!

I don't think thats an accurate statement. To be clear, Orton was and always will be a very average QB. He can't run and he can't throw deep, his forte is being a very accurate short and mid-range passer. His biggest issue was he is not a leader and his own team mates had no real confidence in him or his ability to bring them back once they fell behind. The Bears had essentially the same roster around Orton that they have around Cutler. The difference is with Cutler they were on the verge of going to the playoffs but under a Grossman or Orton they are just very average.

If you look at the team from the last 2 years, they had a number of good running backs and outstanding receivers that the idiot (McDaniels) traded away. Even with those personnel, Orton couldn't win. One of the reasons being he can't/won't run even when and old fat guy like me could get 6 yards and a first down. The other team knows that so they ignore him, double cover the receivers across the middle, play 1 safety deep and wait for the front 4 to sack him or have him toss it away.

Now, I don't know if Tebow will ever become the next Tom Brady or even stay in the league. Maybe, maybe not. But the single most important thing he has done this year is make the Bronco's as a TEAM believe in themselves. The result is the team as a whole, performs beyond the level of skill they have at individual positions indicates they should. That fact that he can scramble and get first downs, run outside and up the middle also makes it harder for teams to build defenses against him. That allows the others parts of the offense like the running game to succeed. I thought it was all over for him a few weeks back as it appeared the other teams had figured out how to stop him. But McCoy decided to let him play his game and they worked on his passing and we saw the results last weekend.

I don't know if Tebow is the franchise QB of the future for the Donkeys or just a flash in the pan. But I do know that, win or lose, at least they are fun to watch again.

wesintl
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I think bronco fans have always been like that. First Bronco game I ever went to in '94 people were cheering and rooting for "John". I was kinda in disbelief and I remember it distinctly thinking wow no one it rooting for the team, just one person. All the skins games I went to people cheered for the skins, defense, etc, the team not one player. I barely every heard a go broncos.

as far a quinn:confused: he hasn't played a down in 2 years except for the preseason. While you always need a backup he's nothing special.

nakman
01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
ah, poo. :(

RockRunner
01-14-2012, 11:26 PM
ah, Poo. :(

X2

TIMZTOY
01-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Hahaha Freaking Awsome ... lol great going 8-8

At this time the best out come would be a rapture...

Romer
01-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Ahhhhhh crap

Good season though

Bighead
01-15-2012, 02:02 PM
It was a good run while it lasted. I'll be curious to see how Tebow plays next year with a full pre-season work-up as the #1 QB...assuming he is still in that position.

subzali
01-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I think John Elway is going to have a tough call to make - Tebow and the current Broncos lineup got to the playoffs, but can they get good enough to make it all the way to the Superbowl and even win?

I haven't seen Tebow do a QB-sneak yet - that might have worked for those 3 yards to the goal that they couldn't pull through last night.

Air Randy
01-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I think he will enter camp next summer as their #1 QB. They may draft or trade for another QB but it will be Tebow's job to lose. As long as he can learn to throw accurately from the pocket he'll do fine. If not, the new will wear off of his novelty and he'll end up a 2nd or 3rd stringer somewhere.

Caribou Sandstorm
01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
That was a super great season. Tebow is inspiring on so many fronts.

At the end of the day it is about winning, selling tkts and merch...Tebow improved all aspects for the Broncs and inspired others around him.

Last night they showed a stat on the top quarterbacks first 15 games or so and I think Tebow was first or second... He will figure out his timing in the off season.

simps80
01-15-2012, 09:06 PM
x

Bighead
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Fox and Elway agree: Tim Tebow’s earned the right to start in 2012 (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/fox-elway-agree-tim-tebow-earned-start-2012-221258523.html)

Rezarf
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM
It'd be wise for the Bronco's to pick up a veteran QB this year in the draft as well. With the way Tim runs the ball, he's gonna' get whacked at some point... and need some recovery time. On the news this week they said he played pretty hurt during that last game and wouldn't have likely played the following week if they'd won.

Randy, I agree... it should be his to loose. But a veteran QB would be a smart backup if you ask me, but no one is ;)

I'm a huge Tebow fan, and I hope the entire team gets better over the off-season. It sure was fun to watch and cheer!