PDA

View Full Version : IPhone apps "got to haves"

Corbet
11-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Just got my IPhone today. What are the IPhone apps that I've just got to have? I've got a $100 credit at the app store to use.

nakman
11-23-2011, 10:51 AM
around me
starbucks
pandora (if you have lots of data)

I must have 50 apps, use those three most often. Also Star Walk is pretty cool, worth the $4.

Dr. Schlegs
11-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Anger Birds
Sound Hound
Barcode Scanner
Caddyshack Quotes :D

LETSROLL
11-23-2011, 11:15 AM
IMDB
Linked In
Facebook
Words with Friends
Drudge
Find iPhone

Snowrun
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Everytrail
Starwalk
Amazon

subzali
11-23-2011, 01:21 PM
(all free)
Zillow
Youtube
IH8MUD :D
Flashlight
iHandy Level
Fandango
The Weather Channel

farnhamstj
11-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Starwalk
stunt biker
Pandora
Mammut safety

Dr. Schlegs
11-23-2011, 01:24 PM
I find the paperweight app the most frequently used in drafty areas.:)

TIMZTOY
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
"Red laser" it's a (bar code scanner) that has saved me at liest 200$ when buying gifts. I saved me $70 last year on the wife's gift

Craigs pro
MyToDo
Shazam
Showtimes
Rag doll blaster
Ragdoll 2
Angry birds
Fragger
Geared
Where
Yowza

J Kimmel
11-23-2011, 03:11 PM
around me
gasbuddy

Shark Bait
11-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Google Maps :D

Hulk
11-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Hipstamatic (http://hipstamatic.com/the_app.html) is my fave. Take new pictures that look old. I took this one on Friday (two days ago).

subzali
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Any new ones folks have discovered? Just got my iPhone 5 a couple days ago...

Squishy!
12-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Zombieville 2

Gas cubby

ForumRunner (rising sun)

Tapatalk (TTORA)

Xbox SmartGlass- turns your iPhone into an Xbox controller

Jacket
12-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I still love Bike Race, and its free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bike-race-free-by-top-free/id510461758?mt=8

The multi-player is fun since you can race other folks. My son and I have been racing each other for months....

MotionX is a nice GPS/mapping app with road maps and terrain maps. Works good on the phone for hiking, and on the IPad its fun to have in the truck for navigation.

ttubb
12-26-2012, 02:19 PM
iHam Locate - Repeaters finder
MapQuest
Gas Buddy
Convert - Conversions of all types (metric/Std)

You will love the phone. T

spectre6000
12-26-2012, 02:34 PM
If you do a lot of road trips without set itineraries (VW Bus life :cool:), there's an app called "Camp & RV" by Allstays that shows various and assorted camp grounds, gas stations, supply places (Walmarts, camping supply places, etc.) based on your location. We took our honeymoon in our '62 bus, and used it extensively to find cheap/free places to camp and such. Don't leave home without it. I want to say it was around $5-$10.

Fishy
12-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Film Director.....make movies look like films from the 20's
Altimeter
Weather Bug
Grocery IQ
TRIAL Xtreme
TRIAL Xtreme Winter

subzali
12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Jacket, you suck. Bike Race is too addicting. Why did you make me do it!? :bawl:

Fishy
12-27-2012, 09:37 AM
iHam Locate - Repeaters finder

Sweet.... thats a new one for me!

Squishy!
12-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Jacket, you suck. Bike Race is too addicting. Why did you make me do it!? :bawl:

If you like that try Hill Climb :thumb:

bh4rnnr
12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Whats an app??

Snowrun
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Whats an app??

I think it's those little snack things you eat before a meal. :)

Jacket
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I've been wasting a lot of time on CSR Racing this week. Graphics are pretty impressive for a free game.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/csr-racing/id469369175?mt=8

Already up to tier 4 and building out my new R8. :D

Kipper
01-16-2013, 11:06 AM
if you have a gmail account and travel alot, TripIt is so awesome.

you basically configure it to watch your email box and every time you get a travel confirmation for flights, hotels, rental cars, etc. It automagically adds all of the information to the app on your phone. no more printing confirmation emails, no more searching your inbox for your itenerary, it does all of that for you. it will tell you the best way to get from the airport to the hotel, all kinds of great stuff. The reason it works is because you don't have to do anything at all ever. Just tap the app and there's your flight information. It also picks up info from any email with travel info in it that other people send you and adds that. So your friends are flying in for the weekend and forward you the "woo hoo booked our tickets" email, it adds that, then you know what airline, when it lands, etc for when you gotta run to dia to get them. it's free for the regular version which I use. The pro version tracks and manages all of your frequent flyer miles and rewards.

subzali
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM
If you like that try Hill Climb :thumb:

Did that and got kinda bored after a bit.

Downloaded Dirt Trials 2012 and EnduroXT FR, but those were pretty easy too.

you basically configure it to watch your email box and every time you get a travel confirmation for flights, hotels, rental cars, etc. It automagically adds all of the information to the app on your phone. no more printing confirmation emails, no more searching your inbox for your itenerary, it does all of that for you. it will tell you the best way to get from the airport to the hotel, all kinds of great stuff. The reason it works is because you don't have to do anything at all ever. Just tap the app and there's your flight information. It also picks up info from any email with travel info in it that other people send you and adds that. So your friends are flying in for the weekend and forward you the "woo hoo booked our tickets" email, it adds that, then you know what airline, when it lands, etc for when you gotta run to dia to get them. it's free for the regular version which I use. The pro version tracks and manages all of your frequent flyer miles and rewards.

I've been playing with Passbook and TripCase for stuff like this, maybe I'll try TripIt too.

Squishy!
01-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Did that and got kinda bored after a bit.

ya it can. Try Zombieville 2 its pretty awesome

subzali
02-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Trial Xtreme 3 is pretty cool.

Hulk
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the tip, Kipper. Our company provides the Pro version for free for employees, so I just spent the last 30 minutes getting it set up. Looks really cool.

subzali
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
So I was out running around the other day and thought - man, green chile soup sounds kinda good. I wonder what is in that recipe that I could pick up at the store on the way home. I bet there's an app for that.

Does anybody know a recipe app? Free is best if it works good.

Also just found puregas, also pure-gas.org on the web. Ethanol-free gas. We only have 3 in the Denver area :(

Squishy!
02-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Food network is pretty good

subzali
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Has anyone mentioned the Craigslist app?

nakman
02-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Has anyone mentioned the Craigslist app?

Which one? I have three on my iPad, but none of them are as good IMO to Safari. Some take forever to load, others don't display the images, another has ads... I have tried, but can't seem to beat the browser. Which one do you like?

wesintl
02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
my favorite is cPro+ craigslist client by Escargot Studios LLC. I like it so much I won't search craigslist on anything else like my laptop. I liked pauls search but it really needs a thumbnail photo. That's the biggest thing I like with the CL apps! you can seach multiple locations, set up alerts etc.

the ebay one is good too.

OilHammer
02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
x2 on cPro+. I have used that to score many a sweet deal. It's addictive!
The only time I use Paul's site now, is when I'm scouring nationally for cars. It does multiple cities much faster, and you can see the posting date. cPro doesn't do that very well....