PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sliders

DaveInDenver
12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Might be used as they are or a fair chunk of useful steel. Two removed sliders, 2" x 2" square tubing, overall about 76" long. Two stubs are about 13", the other four ended up about 10". Bill Morgan made these for me and they are Rubicon-proved. I dunno, make offer, maybe the scrap steel value, tub of ice cream (loves me the mint chocolate), new driver's side VW Jetta window, whatever you think is fair.

Jacket
12-04-2011, 08:59 AM
So are you eventually getting rid of the truck as well, or are you just getting rid of every off-road-related part?

DaveInDenver
12-04-2011, 02:07 PM
So are you eventually getting rid of the truck as well, or are you just getting rid of every off-road-related part?
These sliders were built for 33x10.50 tires on 7" rims with 3.75" of backspace, but now on 6" rim, 9.50" section width on factory 4.5" backspace they stuck out /really/ far. They also took a lot of beating, so my rocker panels are dented where the sliders had flexed into them. The paint is starting to bubble, so I need to get it into a body shop to have them fixed up again. I really needed to do this last winter for that reason.

Not taking everything off, just going back to the configuration that worked for us for many years. OME medium lift (I sit about an inch over stock), ARB bumper, winch, Marlin rear bumper, 30x9.50 ATs.

nakman
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
hey Dave how's $20 sound?

corsair23
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
hey Dave how's $20 sound?

Designing a skate board park for Gavin?

These would probably make killer grinding rails or whatere the sk8rs call them :thumb:

nakman
12-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Designing a skate board park for Gavin?

These would probably make killer grinding rails or whatere the sk8rs call them :thumb:

No actually I have visions of a new rear bumper on the camper, i think this is the perfect start. But if I scrap that, yes, and I will totally show the boy how to do 50-50 grinds and backside nose slides... :D

Clint Z
12-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Put me second in line, they would be a good start for a rear bumper for my 4runner. Or if Nakman only needs one, I could use the other.

Clint