PDA

View Full Version : 70 Years Ago Today

PabloCruise
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know what happened 70 years ago today?

Hint "A day that will live in infamy"

BreckBJ44
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Pearl Harbor?

Lars
12-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Pearl Harbor was my parents "where were you when?" question. It was actually two days before my mom was born.
The Arizona memorial in Hawaii is impressive. Would recommend it, if anyone is ever out there.

Rezarf
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I have a friend who was there. His stories are unreal. He was interviewed for the movie Pearl Harbor, and said the rendition of the attack was spot on, but asked me, "do they have to put all of that cheesy love story in there to get kids to watch it?" HA! He and others shot at planes with rifles they were so desperate, and the attempts to free the drowning men were heroic.

Last year he spoke at the memorial in Hawaii. He has lived the life of 10 men.

BTW, he is 98 years old! ...not too mention, one of my man hero's.

Air Randy
12-09-2011, 08:19 AM
This is the last year too for the official annual commemoration by the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association. They have lost so many members due to age and the 2700 or so that remain are having difficulty traveling.

To them and the rest of the veterans from WWII - Well done, at ease, dismissed!

RLMS
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
This is the last year too for the official annual commemoration by the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association. They have lost so many members due to age and the 2700 or so that remain are having difficulty traveling.

To them and the rest of the veterans from WWII - Well done, at ease, dismissed!

Ahmen....