PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Weather seal for hardtop

denver4run
12-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Anybody have the weatherseal that goes between the tub and the hardtop? Or know of any cheaper options? Looks like about $185 from Cruiser Corps.... looking for a cheaper option. Or is this something that is worth the $$? Thanks.

corsair23
12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Did you try SOR or Cool Cruisers of Texas? Rocky Mountain Cruisers might carry it locally as well. Not sure if it is still available at the dealership.

Another option might be IH8MUD classifieds...Someone on there might be selling a kit.

SteveH
12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
If you mean the seal that goes between the rain gutter of the fiberglass cap and the top of the tub 'walls' - then avoid the CCoT product. I bought it (it's fairly cheap) and it sealed ok, but trimming it and fitting it was a major pain. Also, no glue would stick to it (including spray adhesive, 3M body sealer, caulk, etc.), so holding it in place during assembly was a drag. Also, I had to use a forstner bit to drill the holes in it for the hardtop screws. You can successfully use the CCoT hardtop gasket, but it's a lot of extra work over using the (admittedly expensive) Toyota product.

wesintl
12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
the weatherseal that goes between the tub and the hardtop? Or know of any cheaper options? Looks like about $185 from Cruiser Corps.... looking for a cheaper option. Or is this something that is worth the $$? Thanks.

If it's toyota it's worth the $. List is about $105. You might do a little better if one of the local dealers gives you a discount.

61687-90307 RH
61688-90307 LH

you should probably get the little triangles pieces that seal the pillar

65839-90300 x2

and the hard rubber packing that sits on the rail.
61534-60011 x2

That will seal up your hard top well.

Rezarf
12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
FWIW, I have used foam "Camper Sealer" tape/foam from the Home Depot. A roll usually lasts me several seasons. I haven't had an issue yet. Its about $10 a roll.

Drew