PDA

View Full Version : Parker - 1FZ and A442

rockrod
12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I am converting my 1994 FZJ80 to a V8 so I have the take out 1FZ and A442 automatic transmission for sale.

This is a pre-obd2 engine.

Just turned 170K miles. Runs OK, but needs a tune up to fix a rough idle (stalls a lot). **edit** I found that the intake hose from the MAF to the TB was torn... This would explain the idle issue and stalling.

I believe the head gasket is original.
It has the usual hot-start rattle, leaks oil, the usual stuff you would expect. Trans is solid and shifts fine with no slipping. Fluid was dark, but not burned.

This is a complete take-out deal and includes the whole mess. Everything else goes, right down the exhaust, cooling fan, extra 3 rib water pump pulley for someone wanting to add OBA, ect.

$1000 fair?? I can deliver in the denver metro area but you will need a shop crane to unload from my truck. it will be out by this weekend barring any hangups in the removal process.

If you think I am too high, make me an offer.

Send me a PM.

Thanks!

baja1d
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
I too have a 94 & I'm strongly considering a V8 swap as well. Any chance I can talk you into documenting your build & posting details on the forum? I know it's well documented on Mud but the more knowledge the better as far as I'm concerned. Local insight is always beneficial too.

rockrod
12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I have started a thread on mud but I can bring it over here.

Inukshuk
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
PM Sent. Lets speak AM if we can or as soon as you can tomorrow. I sent you my cell and my e-mail is in my signature.

rockrod
12-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Sale pending

rockrod
12-17-2011, 01:01 PM
sold

Inukshuk
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Bought. We got it torn down this afternoon. The HG was starting to fail, but no harm done. Bottom end looks good. I'll post pictures later.

I neglected to get the Transmission computer (which I don't think you'd need) and there is a fitting for the PS pump that is still attached to your hose, and is actually part of the pump - so when you remove the lines please hang onto that part.

rockrod
12-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Bought. We got it torn down this afternoon. The HG was starting to fail, but no harm done. Bottom end looks good. I'll post pictures later.

I neglected to get the Transmission computer (which I don't think you'd need) and there is a fitting for the PS pump that is still attached to your hose, and is actually part of the pump - so when you remove the lines please hang onto that part.

I have the PS hose with the fitting and the trans ECU is still in place for the moment. I will get it pulled once I start reworking the harness.

Inukshuk
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I have the PS hose with the fitting and the trans ECU is still in place for the moment. I will get it pulled once I start reworking the harness.

Thanks. That's perfect. I'll plan on driving my 80 over to visit after the new year. Like a transplant patient visiting the donor. It could get emotional. :cheers:

rockrod
12-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks. That's perfect. I'll plan on driving my 80 over to visit after the new year. Like a transplant patient visiting the donor. It could get emotional. :cheers:

that would be nice!

Mine will still be laid up. A/A is telling me the adapter is at the port of Los Angeles so at least it's in the states now:D