PDA

View Full Version : anyone camp/wheel here?

Beater
07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
between green mountain and silverthorne - gore range, arapahoe NF

sno bored
07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
There is a campground about 5 miles North of Silverthorne right on hwy 9, I think it is called Blue river campround. If you go up Ute pass rd 10-15 miles N of Silverthorne there are lots of forest service roads past Henderson mill, I think you can camp anywhere around there. I think the area you are talking about is West of hwy 9. I'm under the impression that there are areas that you are asking about is backpacking/ hiking areas. I don't think there are many wheeling trails through there.

Beater
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
hmm,
the double dotted lines are minor roads/4wd and single dashes are hiking, so at least at publication of this map, whenever the heck that was, there were 4wd roads there. probably old logging roads, or fire roads... I guess we'll find out. going to fish the blue, and looking to maybe stay outdoors instead of at a friends house in Breckenridge.

j

sno bored
07-06-2006, 11:38 AM
If you're fishing the Blue you should try the Blue river campground. You can walk from the campsites to the Blue in about 1-2 minutes.

Red_Chili
07-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Sadly, there are a lot of double dotted lines on topos that are no longer numbered routes and therefore not legal... :(
A (current) USFS map is the only reliable measure, and even that is no guarantee.

Seldom Seen
07-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Here ya go, updated for ya.