PDA

View Full Version : WTB-Fiberglass Part of HardTop and Rear Heater

davework
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I am trying to clean up my 79 40 a little here and there and next on my list are:

The fiberglass white top portion of the hardtop. Mine is all dinged up in the front driver's corner, and if there is a good one out there for a decent price, I'd rather do that than try and repair. I guess I would need that part of the rain gutter as well.

A rear heater core that doesn't seep fluid and make the inside smell sweet on those cold closed up drives...or a solution on a good way to seal mine...can these be fixed?

Let me know if anyone's got either sitting around?

Thanks!

SteveH
01-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Radiator shops can test and re-solder your old heater core (but not all are motivated enough to do this). I paid $55 a few years back to have mine re-soldered. If you have a true '79-81 heater (with the smaller, black box) those are a little harder to find.

RicardoJM
01-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I have one but it is not in nice shape. I picked it up from this thread (http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=8284&highlight=free+fj40+top) and have not done anything with it. You are welcome to it.:D

bigcity25
01-02-2012, 08:55 AM
There's a thread on mud for a company located in Oregon that makes aftermarket hardtops. They look pretty cool, they're raised up like a land rover look.

davework
01-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Hmmm, I am tempted by the freebie.

Did it in fact have any cutouts for the early top wipers?

RicardoJM
01-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Hmmm, I am tempted by the freebie.

Did it in fact have any cutouts for the early top wipers?

I believe it does have the cutouts for the early top wipers. For free, you can't go wrong.:D

davework
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Ricardo, just pm'd you, thanks!