farnhamstj
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Wow

nakman
01-06-2012, 08:54 AM
So... how do you get that out of there?

Jacket
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Yikes. That guy's pretty lucky he didn't break something (besides his sled).

Uncle Ben
01-06-2012, 09:14 AM
So... how do you get that out of there?

Push it off the side and let some 4x4 club worry about it in the summer!

Hulk
01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Holy crud. I didn't realize it was so steep until he couldn't stop sliding downhill himself. And then the snowmobile wouldn't stop rolling. He's lucky he didn't get crushed by his own machine.

corsair23
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
As Maxwell Smart would say...."Missed it by that much" :)

I wonder what would compel you to try and "catch" your sled that is tumbling down the mountain :confused: - especially after escaping almost certain death doing the 'naked' tobaggan ride down through the chute.

farnhamstj
01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=

I wonder what would compell you to try and "catch" your sled that is tumbling down the mountain :confused: - especially after escaping almost certain death doing the 'naked' tobaggan ride down through the chute.[/QUOTE]

Ever seen anyone reach their arm or leg out to stop their truck from rolling? same irrational compelling forces.

60wag
01-06-2012, 12:49 PM
The point where he is looking up the hill at the sled tumbling toward him, I'm thinking, "get the hell out of the way."

rover67
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
yeah no idea why they really even bother to try to stop it. I mean it is totaled at that point so even if they did grab it it wouldn't gain them anything.

reminds me of hill climbs with motorcycles when the catchers run out to grab the out of control flipping bike. I think it is something of a game to them to see if they can snag it. A sport in addition to the hill climb itself. Maybe this is similar.

Uncle Ben
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
When your in a situation like that you aren't thinking rationally. One hell of a ride......he's lucky he gained control of his own decent!

subzali
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I thought I posted this up already, but:

View from the top:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZpbSjqPC8&feature=related

Those guys didn't have any trouble jumping down after that sled...

:eek:

wesintl
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I dunno :meh: i'd try to grab it too. It's not like he's in front of it trying to stop it. It's not rolling that fast at that point either. gotta have snowmobile ins though. That sport would cost you an arm and a leg if you didn't have it or it wouldn't be that fun just touring around on the flats. My buddy has blown 2 engines, bent up outriggers and ripped up the track on rocks. gotta have a $200 deductible :D

Uncle Ben
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM

View from the top:

Here's a comment from that posting....

>>@IcelandUnlimited It got repair a week after lol.. It's his mothers sled
HelliMFromGreenland 5 months ago<<

wesintl
01-06-2012, 03:52 PM
looks like it'd be bitchin to ski that couloir

I'm so jonesin for pow right now. I'm like a dope feign and the goods are weak all over..

60wag
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM

View from the top:

That's cool to have another view of it. I hadn't seen it earlier.

I too am itching for some decent snow around here. The teaser 14" of fluff we got in town got me excited to ski. I'm supposed to go to Beaver Creek next weekend and I can't decide if it's going to be worth buying a $100 lift ticket. Maybe I'll just bring the backcountry skis to keep the options open.

pmccumber
01-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Push it off the side and let some 4x4 club worry about it in the summer!

Seriously UB, you could write. That is damn funny!