PDA

View Full Version : 1971 FJ40 for sale (Denver)

denver4run
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't have the garage space and the time/money to make this into what I had hoped I could. I have a 1997 80 series that gets the most use and I need to put some time and $$ into it. This is a very solid FJ40 that needs very little to be trail ready. I've attached a link with a lot of pictures, if there is anything you would like to see closer let me know and I'll get some better shots for you, or better yet, stop by and see it. I think it looks much better in person then in the pictures. Heater and front seats have been reinstalled since these pictures. Planning on putting it on Mud next week or so if no interest here. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Looking for $5500 OBO

1971 Toyota Landcruiser
F155 engine 6 cyl. Runs strong
Odometer shows 93k, all gauges work
Very minimal rust, solid floors, tub and undercarriage
Original 3 speed on the column
Front disk brake conversion (Wilwood)
Warn hubs
New battery
Replaced all fluids
Carb rebuild, tune up (wires, plugs, rotor, cap, fuel filter, etc)
4 - Brand new 33" tires (Kumho Road Venture AT LT305/70R16)
New Alum.wheels
Newer radiatior
Roof rack (Wilderness Accessory)
Bestop Bikini top and homemade tailgate included
Kayline of Denver swing out spare tire holder and two gas can holder included but not attached (no cans)
Heavy duty front/rear bumpers
New(er) Shocks (Pro Comp), Springs, Lift
Jump seats have been redone and are in excellent condition
Recent front hubs and front axle rebuild (grease, gaskets, seals, etc)
Rebuilt heater box and core
Has full roll cage, needs bolted down

Bad:
Top fiberglass roof needs cleaned up and riveted in a few places, it's solid, no holes, dings but has some seperation from metal sill in a few places
Doors and Windows need adjustments and weatherstripping
Tub is very solid but PO did some rough patch jobs and drilled lots of holes for diamond plate panels (Diamond plate panels included but not attached)
A few dents and dings on front fenders and hood
Front seats need recovered
PO attached ambi doors on rear instead of original 3 piece assy. Fits ok, needs weatherstripping and adjustments to complete.
Turnsignals and wipers are not working, but all parts in place
Windshield has a crack, all other glass is very good
Missing backup light is included but need installed

Pictures here: http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/tshanley1/?action=view&current=DSC00450.jpg

denver4run
01-23-2012, 07:27 AM
No interest? Not even a comment?

Shark Bait
01-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Looks pretty good, but maybe priced a little high. I've been tempted on more than one of these since I sold my 40 last year. :D

MDH33
01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I've found it a lot easier to sell rigs outside the Rising Sun forum. This is a tough crowd! ;) Good luck with your sale, and too bad you aren't able to keep it and enjoy it. I often consider selling mine, but I know I would just start looking for another eventually.

Rezarf
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Looks like a nice cruiser. I think Martin is correct, we are a tough crowd, we have all seen EXCELLENT examples of 40's and know what WE would pay... we are also a bunch of cheapsters when it comes to buying one that is less than perfect. I don't think you are too far off on price. However, I have found this is a soft market for gas guzzling 40's right now. I think Mud will give you a much better base of buyers.

The soft market has me searching for a fj45 right now as prices seem to be lower than I have seen in a long time. Its a good time to be buying 40s as well, but not so great for selling them.

Good luck with the sale. Someone will fall in love with and buy for sure.

denver4run
01-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I know this is a tough crowd because of the depth of knowledge and experience with the cruisers. It's great to hear your opinions. Worst case I'll be "forced" to keep it and get to it at a later date, right? Thanks again.

MtnAddict
01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
I had a 72, same color. Very tempting, but not in the market right now. Good luck!!

denver4run
01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Price drop to $4400.

denver4run
01-30-2012, 12:31 PM
FJ40 is sold. Thanks all.