PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Ranger District Meeting 01/19/12

rover67
01-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Howdy Folks,

Bruce and I attended the BRD meeting last week. IT was kind-of the first one of the season.

We covered a lot of topics, but there were a few key ones to note.

Next meeting is Feb 23rd.

Middle St. Vrain: Adam Mehlberg is proposing several work days to build up the gatekeeper obstacle and fix some water bars on the trail. Also going to close off some illegal side routes. I think he's looking at coordinating several days of work up there with the BRD. Also lots of tree removal. A few of the rangers in the BRD are going to get their saw certification this season, so they can help us with projects like this (Jenny Creek)

Post and cable still not decided on.

Ice Spider and Fireman's ladder still needing winch anchors - no news

Lefthand Travel plan - No news - Adam pushed pretty hard on this one as he always does.

Jenny Creek, talked about cleanup run dates where we can have the FS tag along, talked about possible signing project days, talked about cleaning up blowdown, and talked about reroute. see this thread for details:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=17176

corsair23
01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys :thumb:

rover67
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
No Problem Jeff!

Jacket
01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
MSV has a ton of support already right? I forget who adopts it, but it seems like the club is always up there early in the summer to get it ready to open.

rover67
01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
MSV has a ton of support already right? I forget who adopts it, but it seems like the club is always up there early in the summer to get it ready to open.

It does, Adam Mehlberg and his club take care of it. they are planning on a busy summer this year.

Old40Dog
01-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks Marco! Great info. Looking forward to getting up to Jenny Creek again to help out where we can.