PDA

View Full Version : Brewery equipment

RockRunner
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Forgot who was looking to start a micro brew place but here is a great start depending on the size you want. just ran across it and have no affiliation with the people.

Brewery equipment (http://denver.craigslist.org/bfs/2817706096.html)

Inukshuk
01-25-2012, 03:13 PM
This guy?

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2012/01/big_choice_brewing_will_provid.php

nakman
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that guy... cool article hadn't seen that before, thanks! :drink: :beer: :beer2:

Uncle Ben
01-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, that guy... cool article hadn't seen that before, thanks! :drink: :beer: :beer2:

Since this has been brought up I think we will need a Miller Time FAC group! After all we have to support one of our own....it's just the burden we have to carry! :beer2:

60wag
01-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Opening in April:

http://www.voiceplaces.com/big-choice-brewing-denver-boulder-6119722-l/

Groucho
01-26-2012, 10:12 AM
If anyone was wondering why I seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth, Big Choice Brewing is why.

About that ad, I have seen that ad several times in the last year. At first I thought "Jackpot", but when he was approached several times to take photos of the actual equipment and he refused, everyone knew it was a scam. Even in the brewing industry which has been the most cooperative I have ever seen, there are people trying to take advantage and screw some poor schmuck out of his money. I have heard about several times that it had happened.

Yes, everyone, spread the word. It will be freaking awesome. We plan on opening in April, all depending on State and Federal licensing. Might be doing some cans right out of the gate, see Mobile Canning (http://www.mobilecanning.com). Epocs makes many of the sheet metal parts in the Wild Goose Engineering (Boulder) Micro-Can setup those guys are using.
gxFrJzxxR_k

We are also making our boil kettle at Epocs, and using recommissioned dairy equipment for the mash tun. Mostly, we plan on starting out as a tasting room with pints, flights of tasters, kegs, growlers and maybe some cans. 8 beers on tap as long as we can keep up with demand. Then we plan on hitting the draft and packaged sales market potentially before the end of 2012. We think all beer drinkers should have a choice. Local or commercial. Big or small-scale. It shouldn't be just about a single brewer or style or commercial distributor. Choose Wisely.

We just unloaded our Fermenters and Brite tanks last weekends. Check it out!

kw1iUwqF3II

Check us out on FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Choice-Brewing-Company/119035291530631?sk=wall) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/BigChoiceBrew). Might have to start a RS FAC BCE. That would be a "Rising Sun Friday Afternoon Club Broomfield County Edition". :beer::cheers:

wesintl
01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
So excited for you Groucho :)

nakman
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Really cool, Nathaniel! great to see the progress.. I hope this just goes off, will certainly do my part to divert beer purchases your direction. :drink: :beer2: :drink:

edit: Double IPA, please. :)

rover67
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Super Stoked Nathaniel!!! This is gonna Rock! I see a new Northsider hangout in my near future.... :beer::beer::beer::drink::drink:

I'll take one poblano porter please!

corsair23
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
:woot:

Super cool :thumb: - looked like all smiles there :)

Jacket
01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
If anyone was wondering why I seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth, Big Choice Brewing is why.

Totally understandable, but you do have a huge network of friends here who also have a network of friends, so keep us informed and we'll try to pump some more business your way! (I guess that's what you just did :))

Very cool that you're almost ready! I <3 :beer:. And you're only 4.7 miles from my office - sweet!

RockRunner
01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Awesome Nathaniel, will have to make a trip up there to try some of your brews. I know I liked your beer at CM10 so no worries there.

I was wondering about the use of a brochure but figured it was a start picture. Bummer that some people just have to resort to these measures but at least you guys knew about it.

Hope to see you guys in April, the 27th is Sharon's Bday so that is a good day to open ;)

Corbet
01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
definitely will stop in next time we are in Denver. For now I'll have to be happy seeing most of your business artwork before you do :D

Inukshuk
01-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Cans wheel better than bottles!

Uncle Ben
01-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Cans wheel better than bottles!

Life is too short to drink canned beer! :drink::thumb:

Groucho
01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Life is too short to drink canned beer that isn't local, craft canned beer!:drink::thumb:

[shameless plug] Fixed it for ya!! [/shameless plug]

Caribou Sandstorm
01-27-2012, 08:36 AM
How cool will it be to be in the desert and be drinking this local craft this May?

nakman
01-27-2012, 08:46 AM
How cool will it be to be in the desert and be drinking this local craft this May?

It'll be a lot cooler for the guys still down in Blue Notch Canyon, than the guys high tailing it back up to Rabbit Valley... :p: :D

:beer2: :drink:

nakman
02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I had the privilege of touring this new establishment, Big Choice Brewing, today. Man is this going to be cool... two levels of seating, craft brews, the upstairs has a really nice view of the foothills- I could see many "planning meetings" in my future up there. Too small for a RS meeting, not that that was ever the intent anyway, but definitely the right size for a couple after work and a jug to take home. I'm really going to like riding my bike to work this summer, I have a good feeling about that.

anyway props again to you Groucho for taking on the ultimate risk in search of the ultimate dream.. don't be shy if you need a hand with anything. I was thinking on the way home we could put a couple antennas :yagi: on the roof then start a Ham club... it may require meetings twice a week for a year for us all to make Extra but hey whatever it takes, that's the kind of dedication I have. Let me know if you need any more ideas.. :lmao: :bowdown:

Uncle Ben
02-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Nice! I was right in the area and had a couple minutes to burn so I found the building Friday. Very cool! I think we should have a club christening on opening night!