PDA

View Full Version : Left Hand Canyon Shooting Open?

LETSROLL
01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey, does anyone know if the shooting spot up Left Hand Canyon in Boulder is open and accessible? I have a new toy and I want to check it out this weekend.

Thanks

Red_Chili
01-26-2012, 12:41 PM
They are trying to shut that down...

rover67
01-26-2012, 02:20 PM
last I knew you could still go up there. I haven't heard anything about it being closed.

The idea is to try to open up a shooting area in Allenspark to lessen the load in places like the old spot in left hand.

Beater
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
that shoots across a road? that is continually trashed?

why not go to a legitimate range or private property spot?

Uncle Ben
01-26-2012, 02:35 PM
that shoots across a road? that is continually trashed?

why not go to a legitimate range or private property spot?

Carnage is closed. The legal shooting area no longer shoots across a road. It is legal to shoot in a National Forrest. Just be smart about it and clean up after yourself PLEASE!

rover67
01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Correct, the old spot is closed, now folks shoot in a slightly different spot. It does get pretty dirty up there so yeah pick up. It is always a point of discussion during my monthly Boulder Ranger District meetings. They want to build a proper shooting area in Allenspark. It's been being "planned on" for years.

Beater
01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
thanks ub - but marco illustrates my point. why associate with that ick? :)

Jacket
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Last time I was up near Ironclads / Bunce there were some guys shooting at a bank in a clearing. Seemed like a pretty good spot, and not much further up the road from Left Hand. There's a little spur road that connects Bunce to the main highway near the Ironclads start - that's where it was.