PDA

View Full Version : Beware of a new phone scam...

Overlander
01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Howdy - just an FYI.

The down side of working at home is that I have to deal with a lot of solicitors. Most recently, I received 3 or 4 calls from an automated machine referencing Colson Gamble & Associates. The sound very official and say that there is a problem with one of my returned checks and that I can call them directly or have my attorney call them at 1-877-908-2953 to resolve the matter.

I googled this number and it sure looks like a scam to me:
877-908-2953 / 8779082953

Apparently they try to intimidate you by telling you that you have some financial problem and the only way to make it go away is to pay them - apparently some people will pay just to make the phantom 'problem' go away.... these Scumbags... :rant:

Old40Dog
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Howdy - just an FYI.

The down side of working at home is that I have to deal with a lot of solicitors. Most recently, I received 3 or 4 calls from an automated machine referencing Colson Gamble & Associates. The sound very official and say that there is a problem with one of my returned checks and that I can call them directly or have my attorney call them at 1-877-908-2953 to resolve the matter.

I googled this number and it sure looks like a scam to me:
877-908-2953 / 8779082953

Apparently they try to intimidate you by telling you that you have some financial problem and the only way to make it go away is to pay them - apparently some people will pay just to make the phantom 'problem' go away.... these Scumbags... :rant:

Hey James! You should call them back and idenitify yourself as Mr. Dewey from the law office of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe and that you're returning their call to a Mr. Scumbagster concerning a returned check....and just try to be silent and try not to laugh for a minute...:lmao:...sounds like so much fun, I jut might try that tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!