PDA

View Full Version : 5-255/85R16 Interco Truxus MT Tires

Bikeman
01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
I bought them from a fellow RS'er, Mountain Goat, recently but now going back to 315's since I decided against the effort of going back to 4.10 gears from 5.29. 15K miles on them. 3 of them have about half tread or slightly greater, and 1 a little less. The 5th is perfectly good for spare use with minimal tread. They hold air and drive fine. I'd like to get $250 firm for the whole set. PM or call me @303-619-nineteen eighteen.
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/Bikeman_Colorado/tires2.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/Bikeman_Colorado/tires1.jpg

nakman
01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Interested in at least one good one.. someone else want to go in on this? These are good skinny spares if you run 285/75's and still put the tire under the back.

I see they're mounted Mike, are the rims included?

Bikeman
01-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Those rims and the pics actually are not mine. Those pics are from Mountain Goatright before I bought the tires. So, rims not included.

RockRunner
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
What size do those come out to be?

Never mind Google is my friend:o

Bikeman
03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Bump for interest?

Clint Z
03-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Wife said to get them
Clint

I will callyou soon.

Bikeman
04-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Bump. Still available. Price dropped to $200.

gr8fulabe
04-02-2012, 10:21 PM
So how many miles are left on these before they are, "used up"? they seem pretty thin for only 15k, but only if they are 50,000 mile tires or something. Also, are you dead set on 315's? or would you be interested in a trade for something a bit smaller?

I've got a set of 4 285/75's (I think, I'd have to check but don't recall & can't find that thread now), that I bought on here last fall. But guys on mud say that my split rims will cause them to wear poorly since they are too wide, so I haven't ever mounted them. If not, I understand and I could possibly still buy these & sell those after. I'm not sure that these are massively narrower, but an inch or so could make the difference.
thanks,
Abe

farnhamstj
04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Tim, I'm interested in 1. If you want to organize it.

gr8fulabe
04-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Tim,
I checked & the four tires I have are Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ in 287/75/16. I think I bought them from NattyBumpo, but can't recall at the moment, nor find that thread. They are all pretty deep on tread, but one of the four has a chunk in the sidewall missing. I'm told that it still held air perfectly, but again I haven't ever mounted to know for sure (no reason to not believe it though).
Like I said, I'd love to trade if that width would work for you, but if not I'm still interested in possibly just buying these outright. I would be interested in all 5 tires though, as I need a spare too, so that would hurt Farnham's deal though.
Best,
abe

gr8fulabe
04-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi Tim,
If you want the tires to trade, they are yours. But if not, then Clint Z hit me up & said he'd like to buy mine, since he is looking for a set of 285/75's. So if you don't want to trade, he suggested we could meet at your shop this weekend & he could buy mine & I could buy yours. Would either of these options work for you?
Thansk,
abe

farnhamstj
04-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Won't hurt my feelings if they are needed by someone else. I like the idea of a 255 spare, but don't need it.

gr8fulabe
04-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey Farnham,
If it works out & I can get these, you could have one of the tires coming off my Troopy. They aren't very aggressive in any way (very Australia dry rock overland-ish) but you could have one or more for free it it helps. I can't seem to find the size on them anywhere for some reason, but I've been told that Troopys came stock with somethign close to 33ish by 9 inches wide.
If you are interested i could send pics or something.
Best,
abe

Bikeman
04-05-2012, 11:13 PM
sale pending.

gr8fulabe
04-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey Bikeman,
Just noticed your signature says "Mike"... I thought someone had told me your name was Tim, so sorry about that...

Just to clarify, your pending sale is some deal other than the one I mentioned above (so not with me)?
Thanks
Abe

nakman
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey Abe I'm probably the Tim here.. in January I would have gone in on a package, but today it's not a project I need, so I'm good with my 285 spare for a while. Mike, GLWS! :beer2:

gr8fulabe
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks for helping to clarify Nakman. Incidentally, was it you I talked to at the Rally last year about taller rack feet for my HJ47, or someone else? Is Gamiviti still doing those?
Thanks,
Abe

Hi Bikeman,
Sorry for all the confusion. The person I have been thinking that I was speaking to, regarding these tires is you. If they are still available, I'd like to buy them from you, & Clint Z is then wanting to buy my 285's in the, "tire circle of life" so to speak. Please let me know if they are still available or if you have a seperate deal going now.
Thanks,
Abe

Bikeman
04-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Sold. Sorry guys. Someone else called & PM'd me first.

nakman
04-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks for helping to clarify Nakman. Incidentally, was it you I talked to at the Rally last year about taller rack feet for my HJ47, or someone else? Is Gamiviti still doing those?
Thanks,
Abe

Yeah man, I remember talking to you and yes, we figured something out for taller towers, just a bolt-on riser plate. they are at: http://www.gamiviti.com/html/products_roofrackparts.html#anchor_risers

http://www.gamiviti.com/images/rackparts/riser_gutter_3.jpg

let me know if you want to try some out! :beer: