PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill snow run tomorrow 2/4/12

JadeRunner
02-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Timing is right to get up there for quick run.

Meet up there at 9am for a half day run. I need to head out around noon. Looking to blast some fresh snow for a few hours.

JadeRunner
02-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Hello. Any takers? I'm going to need at least one person top strap back out.

CO Hunter
02-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I can't make it this weekend but thought I would post an alternative for next weekend. Colorado Land Cruisers is planning on Yankee Hill next weekend. Here is a link:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/557904-february-11th-snow-run-ii-yankee-hill.html#post7329984

This trip is inspired by the great trip reports you all have made. We would sure welcome any Rising Sun folks to come out and play.

JadeRunner
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Cool - thanks for the heads up. I won be able to make that weekend. But, you guys will have a blast.

RockRunner
02-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Wanted to do it 2/5 instead, can't do it tomorrow.

Uncle Ben
02-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello. Any takers? I'm going to need at least one person top strap back out.

Wish I could swing it...but alas, I cannot.....

JadeRunner
02-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Last minute snow run. See you there.

JadeRunner
02-04-2012, 09:13 AM
It's going to be a 9:30 start now.

JadeRunner
02-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I was solo. I saw fresh tracks out of the parking lot and decided to follow them. There was only a foot or so of fresh snow so it wasn't too difficult. I caught a jeep. We continued up together. He parked it a little ways past the middle parking lot. We stayed on channel 4. I continued up a little ways. I was struggling to get up the hill just before the quarry and decided to call it good. It was beautiful and fun busting fresh snow.

Uncle Ben
02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I was solo. I saw fresh tracks out of the parking lot and decided to follow them. There was only a foot or so of fresh snow so it wasn't too difficult. I caught a jeep. We continued up together. He parked it a little ways past the middle parking lot. We stayed on channel 4. I continued up a little ways. I was struggling to get up the hill just before the quarry and decided to call it good. It was beautiful and fun busting fresh snow.

:banghead: I was thinking of you all day! I really wanted to go but I have been plowing, snow blowing, repairing the plow and shoveling for 32 hours and I was toast. Glad you had another guy up there for safety! I'll take a rain check amigo!

Bruiser
02-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Interesting there was only a foot of fresh snow. I was hearing reports of a lot more than that. I saw as much as 28 inches but I heard second hand from others that I could have been more.

Sorry I missed it.

Justin

JadeRunner
02-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Yea Kevin. I figured you would be stuck plowing. That's too bad. That makes going up right after a storm problematic for you.

Uncle Ben
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Yea Kevin. I figured you would be stuck plowing. That's too bad. That makes going up right after a storm problematic for you.

....and boarding fresh pow and participating in FEAT and...... I guess that's also why I always respond to stuck or stranded vehicles when called. Upside is I am independent so 80% of the money I make when plowing goes directly into the toy fund!