PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Land Cruiser Sale

pmccumber
02-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Big Land Cruiser sale by May according to this link:

http://www.9news.com/money/247424/344/Gas-prices-to-spike-60-cents-or-more-by-May

Last time I bought mine 4 years ago when gas spiked and people PANICKED. Prices have rebounded considerably since then. Seriously, expect a fair number of people to go running for the exits, especially when it spikes relatively quickly.

corsair23
02-06-2012, 04:02 PM
:eek:

Rising prices are an annual spring ritual, largely because of seasonal demand.

Refiners also switch from winter formulations to more expensive seasonal formulations to meet stringent environmental standards, which can tack on 15 cents a gallon, says Brian Milne of energy tracker Televent DTN.

I thought it was the other way around on the forumations...at least around here. All I know is that when the "winter blend" hits my mpg goes down by as much as 1-2mpg which for an 80 is ~10%

I still haven't figured out how burning more fuel is better for the environment....

Red_Chili
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Likewise, I haven't figured out how oxygenated fuels work in a system that compensates for higher O2. :doh:

PabloCruise
02-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I bet the friendly lobbyists for oil producers and refiners could help explain it to us!

pmccumber
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I bet the friendly lobbyists for oil producers and refiners could help explain it to us!

Actually the loot is flowing in from the good folks at Archer Daniels Midland. Bushels of it, as it were.

We genuinely are a market driven economy: every single issue is bought and paid for by the highest bidder.