PDA

View Full Version : Want to borrow an 80 series - north side, preferred!

nakman
02-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Well in what some would say is a fitting amount of irony, I need to borrow an 80 for an evening. :o And if it had a stripped power seat gear even better.

The R&D team over at Gamiviti.com have been working hard all winter designing and procuring a new replacement seat gear, with improved geometry, better material, inherent lubricity and tighter manufacturing tolerances- all aimed to improve what has already proven to be a very advantageous aftermarket repair product. This new gear hopes to raise that bar even further, with even more successful installs and improved longevity. However there are only so many dimensional checks we can do, I need to install one.

But I don't have an 80 to tear apart anymore, so can I borrow yours? I actually only need one of the front seats from it, but better to have the whole thing as it makes it easier to power the seat up to see how the new gear works. I'd essentially be replacing your existing gear with a first article sample of the new design. The whole event can be done in less than 2 beers, which I will supply to you while you witness the operation.

Right now we're looking at Thursday evening, 8:00ish- would that work for any north side 80's? :wrench: :beer: :thumb:

corsair23
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm on the opposide side of the world unfortunately and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help, but if not you are more than welcome to come borrow one of the rigs for as long as you like :)

treerootCO
02-06-2012, 04:16 PM
You are welcome to borrow mine.

pmccumber
02-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Mine too.

Overlander
02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Or mine.... I'm at 112th and Federal. Let me know (PM or email).

nakman
02-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Cool, thanks guys!

rover67
02-07-2012, 08:43 AM
1st article parts due in Thursday morning. Right on schedule...

:)

nakman
02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
James, thanks again for coming over... and for living so close by. I'm very happy to report that the install went well, and the new gears are a notable improvement compared to the old style, I think the masses will be happy with these. that was fun tearing into your seat too, it had been a while! Hopefully this new gear lasts even longer than the last one, thanks again man. :beer:

Shark Bait
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Is "lubricity" a real word? :eek::lmao:

Overlander
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Hey guys - the new gear looks great. It works great too in my driver's side seat. I don't know if it's the gear or the grease you put in there Tim but the seat is faster than it was before... :)

Thx again - and best of luck, it should serve the community well.
James

nakman
02-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Glad you're happy, James.. I don't think I noticed such an improvement with the older gears as we did with these new ones, but yes your seat is definitely sliding better now- I'm very pleased with the outcome of the new gear quality. It's more the gear than the grease, for sure.

Is "lubricity" a real word? :eek::lmao:

Dude I wouldn't make this stuff up.. :D The material name is POM, the most popular brand that you've probably heard of is DelrinŽ?

wesintl
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Lubricity: : the property or state of being lubricious;

LOL

Shark Bait
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
LOL :lmao::lmao::whiteflag: