PDA

View Full Version : Very Odd Question: Forklift?

AxleIke
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I know this is a VERY long shot, but does anyone have, or know a way, to get a forklift? I am trying to move my project chassis at some point here, and was thinking the easiest way to get it on a trailer is by forklift.

I then realized that would be all well and good if I even knew how to get one.

If anyone, by some miracle, has one, would you be willing to lend it for about 15 minutes of use some weekend? If not, if anyone knows where you can rent one, that might also be an option.

Thanks!

Isaac

Uncle Ben
02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Wheel dollies work fantastic! I have 4 if ya need them!

gahi
02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
engine hoist? pick up the front, back the trailer under it. set the front skids of some sort, then pick up the back and come-a-long the whole thing on. I've done this a few times, works with hi-lifts too.

waggoner5
02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Lending it and using it is no problem, but mine needs to be hauled by a flatbed wrecker and it would not be economical for 15 mins of work. I was charged $75 one way to deliver it when I bought it.

AxleIke
02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I kinda figured that the moving of a forklift would be a nightmare, but figured it was worth a shot. They can't be towed by a trailer eh?

I'll give the dolly/engine hoist thing a try.

Thanks!

Air Randy
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
How much does the project weigh? I had to unload the car lift in the shop after I picked it up from the freight terminal and hauled it home on the car trailer. It weighed about 2300 lbs. I picked up one end with the engine hoist and the other end with the Kubota tractor and drove the trailer out from under it.

rover67
02-07-2012, 12:22 PM
what about getting like 8 people to come help, maybe then we could just all move it by hand

corsair23
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Tractor or Bobcat with a scoot and straps/chains?

I would think the cost though would be prohibitive...Not sure what a small tractor costs to rent for the day...

Groucho
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
When I unloaded the tanks at the brewery I rented a forklift from Sunbelt in Broomfield. Sheridan and 120th. $55 each way delivery charge and $160 for 24 hours. I think they have a 4 hour rate but it was only like $20 cheaper. All said and done I paid $325 or so but since I had it delivered on Friday and they aren't open on Monday I was able to use it all weekend. Just so long as the hour clock on the motor didn't register more than 8 hours, I was safe. I wish I had more time when the tanks arrived to unload them as there are about 10 different businesses around me with forklifts I could have asked to have help me unload for trade in beer. But it was either that or pay a charge per day to keep the container.

But yes, they delivered it on a trailer that was able to have a really shallow angle (compared to loading a lifted Toyota) because of the negative ground clearance.

AxleIke
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I have access to a tractor, but for what I wanted to do a forklift would work better. I'll give the engine hoist a go.

Uncle Ben
02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I have access to a tractor, but for what I wanted to do a forklift would work better. I'll give the engine hoist a go.

When do you want to do this?

RockRunner
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Lending it and using it is no problem, but mine needs to be hauled by a flatbed wrecker and it would not be economical for 15 mins of work. I was charged $75 one way to deliver it when I bought it.

Gary can you just drive it to Isaac's house and then to either mine or Randy's :D Won't take more than a day or so:lmao: