PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint

TIMZTOY
02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Dose anyone in the club know or have a friend who dose window tint ?
I'm looking to have the LS400 done in 5% (I know it's illegal) but I also need the current film removed. I've removed b4 but would rather avoid the task. B&T Bedliners already gave me a quote. And he also said that the tint guys use a steam gun to remove the old tint.

Dose anyone have a steam gun I could borrow ?

corsair23
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm no help on the tinting but you new avatar is funny :)

Cheeseman
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Go see the guys on colfax just east of Kipling on the north side of the road. It is a 6 sided building I believe. don't remember there name but they have done two of my vehicles.

TIMZTOY
02-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Go see the guys on colfax just east of Kipling on the north side of the road. It is a 6 sided building I believe. don't remember there name but they have done two of my vehicles.

Don't happen to have a name ?

TIMZTOY
02-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not help on the tinting but you new avatar is funny :)

Thanks. Someone said I needed to change my sig pic. And tried but ended up doing avatar on accident. Ohwell

FJCDan
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
The name of the place is called pro tint. They do great work and have life time guaranty. They used to be at 14th and Wadsworth. Highly recommend.

sleeoffroad
02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
We use Directtint in Golden. They have done a number of cars for us at the shop. Both personal and business. Great service and good prices.

http://www.directtint.com/

TIMZTOY
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
We use Directtint in Golden. They have done a number of cars for us at the shop. Both personal and business. Great service and good prices.

http://www.directtint.com/

you wouldnt know a ballpark $ that they typically charge you ? and do you know if they will go 5%

Rezarf
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM
you wouldnt know a ballpark $ that they typically charge you ? and do you know if they will go 5%

Most places will go 5% without providing a receipt... so they can't be nailed by authorities. In Florida where I grew up, it was pretty standard to go dark, just as long as you knew they wouldn't own up and change it out when you get busted.

FWIW, I ran 5% in my 40 and another car for a while and the ability to see at night is a real drawback, I took it off both vehicles (fronts windows only) just to be able to see better at night. The 40 had especially bad reflections with the windows that dark. Just a heads up. I loved the dark stuff when I lived in Texas as the 40 stayed noticeably cooler! :thumb:

Cheeseman
02-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Pro Tint has all shades.

TIMZTOY
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
yea. i have ran it befor on several cars.. i have extreamlly sensitive eyes to light and uv.. im not worried about the legality of it.. i know it can be a hassle some times at night. but if your not sure, then dont turn/change lanes :hill:

60wag
02-09-2012, 05:54 AM
I haven't found tint to do much fo keeping a car cool. It's still freaking hot when the car sits in the sun, the leather falls apart just as fast and the tint is fragile and can be scratched which makes cleaning windows difficult.

You can buy some really nice sunglasses for the cost of a tint job that you can take off when it gets dark.

Jacket
02-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I paid $75 for two front windows on my old truck. It wasn't quite 5%, but was definitely illegal (they matched it to the rear windows). This was at a place in Lafayette - diamond somethingoranother.