PDA

View Full Version : Lessons for the youth today

TIMZTOY
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
This video is just awsome !

I compleatlly agree and condone everything that this man says, dose, and did.....

kl1ujzRidmU:thumb:

Hulk
02-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Holy crap! Here's what I was like towards the end:

http://rustybrain.com/haha/noyoudidnt.jpg

PhatFJ
02-10-2012, 08:00 AM
I Like It!!!

DenCo40
02-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Too cool. I wish I would have thought of that when my daughter was younger doing the same thing.

wesintl
02-10-2012, 08:25 AM
nice grouping :)

nakman
02-10-2012, 08:26 AM
What kind of gun is that? I thought 45's were all big and Dirty Harry style.. that one didn't even seem to kick that much.

wesintl
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
its a standard 1911. looks like a colt to me.

O1091
http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtPistols/Colt1991Series.aspx

PhatFJ
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
its a standard 1911. looks like a colt to me.

O1091
http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtPistols/Colt1991Series.aspx

Colt Combat Commander 1911, fully accurized by Ikey Starks (RIP). Best handgun I ever owned. :thumb:

RockRunner
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM
A great reason not to have kids:eek:! You don't see my Golden's posting up on FB:D. The puppy just likes to eat plants and carry shoes, I can deal with that.;)

I do agree with him but as always there are two sides to the story. I really think that parents should be allowed to spank their kids again without fear of the law coming down on them. We turned out OK, well most of us :rolleyes:

Air Randy
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I understand the guys frustration but he comes off like a moron to me.

First off, even if kids do it routinely on Facebook isn't a good reason for him to create a dumb video that he posts publicly. He is supposed to be the adult, maybe a lesson about how to handle family business privately would have been in order?

Later he berates her for using curse words yet he cusses non-stop through the video. Hmm, wonder where she learned to talk that way. Thats probably where she learned to smoke too.

Wow, theres another great lesson: when something pisses you off, go get a gun and shoot it.

Again, I understand his frustration with his teenage daughter but I'm sorry, I totally miss any constructive message that is here. I'm all for making kids mind and bye the way, it is not illegal to spank your child. If it was I would be doing life without parole in SingSing.

60wag
02-10-2012, 11:07 AM

First off, even if kids do it routinely on Facebook isn't a good reason for him to create a dumb video that he posts publicly. He is supposed to be the adult, maybe a lesson about how to handle family business privately would have been in order?

Later he berates her for using curse words yet he cusses non-stop through the video. Hmm, wonder where she learned to talk that way. Thats probably where she learned to smoke too.

Wow, theres another great lesson: when something pisses you off, go get a gun and shoot it.

Again, I understand his frustration with his teenage daughter but I'm sorry, I totally miss any constructive message that is here. I'm all for making kids mind and bye the way, it is not illegal to spank your child. If it was I would be doing life without parole in SingSing.

x2 I thought the guy was acting like an idiot. Shooting holes in the laptop satifies the juvenille macho "that'll show 'em" attitude but it hardly addresses the problem.

TIMZTOY
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
nice grouping :)Agreed, and while filming !

I also condone his childness. Sometimes the only way kids will learn is by acting like a child

waggoner5
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Not near harsh enough.

Cheeseman
02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Do not be afraid to get a hold of your kids early and often. I always said I don't mind the discussion but you will know when and where the decision comes from. My greatest pet peeve in this world is Facebook. You get the chance to be a coward. Not having to say something directly to someone face to face. Everyone has there own style of parenting and their own ability as well. But you do have to be true to your own words.

PhatFJ
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Do not be afraid to get a hold of your kids early and often. I always said I don't mind the discussion but you will know when and where the decision comes from. My greatest pet peeve in this world is Facebook. You get the chance to be a coward. Not having to say something directly to someone face to face. Everyone has there own style of parenting and their own ability as well. But you do have to be true to your own words.

Spot on!!! :thumb:

black95
02-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Daniel Tosh is going to have a field day with this video. Amazing how this got out everywhere.

5Runner
02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I am a BIG advocate of tough love with my children. I like that he put his foot down and stood up as a parent. Our country is too stinking full of parents that are so worried about any displeasure coming to their children that they don't bother "raising" them...they just want to be their best friend. Nothing wrong with being a friend to your kids, but it's got to be second to being a parent.

I fear this dad may have put a nail in the coffin of his relationship with his daughter. A 15 year old is only going to rebel even more when something like this happens. Worse, for the public humiliation...she will probably hate him for a long, long time.

I like that he put his foot down, but boy he really may have gone too far.

Also, I would have made her take her laptop and donate it to a good cause...not just fill the landfill with more electronic waste. Sooo cool of you to shoot the laptop?...so wasteful and pathetic to destroy something of value like that.

I don't like wastefulness...even if its for making a point.

Trapper50cal
02-11-2012, 11:56 AM
I have 2 issues with this:

1: While his anger and most of his response is justified. He needed not only to identify the incorrect behaviors, but explain why they are incorrect and why her perception of the situation was flawed (stuff like not having to pay rent or pay for groceries...general "entitlement" training). He was pissed and worked up so I get it. I would be pissed too.

2: I saw traffic going by, I saw the house. This was in a front yard in a RESIDENTIAL Area, I don't care that he was shooting into the ground. Discharging a firearm in a residential area is ILLEGAL FOR A REASON. And Using Exploding-tip Hollow Points equals using Mercury-tipped Hollow Points...and most of you probably know, Mercury is extremely poisonous when introduced to the bloodstream, and it's dense. When traveling that fast, it tends to have momentum. Anyone in the general vicinity, including himself, could have been killed. That teaches responsibility?

TIMZTOY
02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
2: I saw traffic going by, I saw the house. This was in a front yard in a RESIDENTIAL Area, I don't care that he was shooting into the ground. Discharging a firearm in a residential area is ILLEGAL FOR A REASON. And Using Exploding-tip Hollow Points equals using Mercury-tipped Hollow Points...and most of you probably know, Mercury is extremely poisonous when introduced to the bloodstream, and it's dense. When traveling that fast, it tends to have momentum. Anyone in the general vicinity, including himself, could have been killed. That teaches responsibility?

ive lived and have family members that live in areas like this, its not illegal. it looks to me like he was in missouri or somewere in that vacinity.. the mecury/bullet's = i dont know or have any knowledge about to discuss left or right. but i do know that mecury is very deadly

Jenny Cruiser
02-12-2012, 10:06 AM

x3 - That was 8 mins of my life wasted. This guy needs to calm down and quit smoking. Might improve his aim and shot count. :gaah:

AxleIke
02-12-2012, 11:06 AM

1: While his anger and most of his response is justified. He needed not only to identify the incorrect behaviors, but explain why they are incorrect and why her perception of the situation was flawed (stuff like not having to pay rent or pay for groceries...general "entitlement" training). He was pissed and worked up so I get it. I would be pissed too.

I don't buy your mercury argument.

Please post up the brand of ammunition and where you can buy this ammunition. Given that mercury is a hazardous class material, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the EPA and ATF would allow the sale of an extremely environmentally hazardous ammunition to be sold over the counter to average people who could then spread mercury all over the landscape.

What I find more likely is that this guy simply has regular hollow points, and because he wants to sound like a bad ass, he claims they are "exploding" when in fact they are "expanding".

I'm certainly no expert, but I would imagine exploding rounds would be classed as NFA under a Destructive Device. Given how long it takes to get NFA classed weapons, I doubt that guy would use such an expensive and time consuming ammo to blow off steam. My best man has been waiting two months and has two more to go just to get his .308 suppressor paper work through the ATF process so he can go pick it up.

Again, I'm no expert, so if mercury tipped bullets can be had, I will certainly be surprised. From what I've seen searching around, mercury tipped bullets are more movie fiction than reality, but I certainly could be wrong. I couldn't find them on a couple of ammo sites I visit.

Romer
02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Although sometimes I feel like doing what he did, it doesnt send the right message or example. Kids, even when they are adults, learn more from what you do then what you say.

Trapper50cal
02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't buy your mercury argument.

Please post up the brand of ammunition and where you can buy this ammunition. Given that mercury is a hazardous class material, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the EPA and ATF would allow the sale of an extremely environmentally hazardous ammunition to be sold over the counter to average people who could then spread mercury all over the landscape.

What I find more likely is that this guy simply has regular hollow points, and because he wants to sound like a bad ass, he claims they are "exploding" when in fact they are "expanding".

I'm certainly no expert, but I would imagine exploding rounds would be classed as NFA under a Destructive Device. Given how long it takes to get NFA classed weapons, I doubt that guy would use such an expensive and time consuming ammo to blow off steam. My best man has been waiting two months and has two more to go just to get his .308 suppressor paper work through the ATF process so he can go pick it up.

Again, I'm no expert, so if mercury tipped bullets can be had, I will certainly be surprised. From what I've seen searching around, mercury tipped bullets are more movie fiction than reality, but I certainly could be wrong. I couldn't find them on a couple of ammo sites I visit.

They are hand loads, I've made them before. I think you are correct in that they can't be purchased. You take a hollowpoint, bore it out a bit, fill with a bit of mercury (not to the top) then wax the top. They aren't technically explosive. It "mists" the mercury upon impact and the mercury is so dense, it travels through less dense material (i.e. bodies, trees, etc.) Although that was when I was a teenager, and in retrospect it is very ill advised. Too dangerous IMHO.

But it is true that I'm assuming that's what he means.
Independent of that fact, I think it's very inadvisable to unload a clip of .45 rounds in your front yard, 30-40 yards from a sidewalk and bustling street...

AxleIke
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh I see. I read about that as well. That would not be NFA then. Seems like a lot of risk to put yourself in for the benefits of the mercury. But a cool thing to know about nonetheless.

Yeah, certainly not disputing that firing weapons in a yard may be a bad plan, though I don't know what the laws and covenants are out there. In Colorado it's fine to shoot on your property legally, provided it is done safely, unless it is expressly prohibited by your city, town, or county. Your covenants may prohibit you from doing so as well, but that is a civil issue.

Romer
02-13-2012, 11:39 AM
And we heard it on Rising Sun first

http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/13/10397269-laptop-shooting-dad-after-21-million-views-says-hed-do-it-over-again

wesintl
02-13-2012, 11:48 AM
he's from NC... I thought it was Texas lol

http://28.media.tumblr.com/dUaRUASq1id6oavl4qocq4WOo1_500.jpg