PDA

View Full Version : 22RE Jasper remanufactured motor and 5 speed

RockRunner
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
SOLD!!!!

We'll I have taken the plunge and got a 3.4 to swap into the Habanero :D

So now I am selling my 22re and W56 to fund some of the cost. The engine has less than 30K on it, it was installed by Off Road Solutions when they were still open. It is a Jasper re-manufactured engine , not a rebuild. The motor runs great and starts every time I turn the key. It will include everything that is bolted to the motor, K&N air filter, LE header, alternator, power steering pump etc. you get the idea. I have all the paperwork from when it was installed so you can check out the info yourself. Also have the ECU if needed could be included for an additional fee.

The transmission shifts fine and came from a '85 4runner that was totalled and had 110K on it at the time of its untimely demise. It is now 30K older and still shifts fine. It was removed last year to work on the T cases so I changed out the clutch, was not needed but I had it out so I thought it would be a good idea. I still have the old clutch so you can see the condition it was in. I installed the Marlin shifter cup and ball so it is nice and tight again.

I am asking $1200 OBO for the whole deal, great deal if you want to upgrade from an old worn out 22r and 4 speed or have a dead truck in the driveway.

I hope to pull it in the next few weeks, before that you can drive the truck it is in and hear and see it run. After that I will have video and my word.

If you need more information please call or email me.

303-829-0703 or trompies@gmail.com

Red_Chili
02-15-2012, 09:45 AM
That's a steal folks...

MDH33
02-15-2012, 10:03 AM
How easy would it be to replace a 20r and 4 speed with this setup? Would it pass emissions?

RockRunner
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
It has passed emissions ever since I have had it. As for how easy it would be I have no idea. We are sort of in the same boat as I am going to be putting in a 3.4 and am not the best person at these things.

I would suggest checking on the Marlin site, their forum covers a ton of engine swaps (been on there for days) Also Yotatech, Inchworm and Pirate4x4, I believe between all of those and the club you should be able to get some answers. I would think it would be sort of easy but DON'T go by what I say.

LMK if you want to take a look at it and or drive it.

Red_Chili
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
It is a very doable swap... you may want to check with the CO Dept. of Health, I think they want to inspect it. Then your emissions will be whatever year of ECU it has. Worthy improvement.

Uncle Ben
02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
It is a very doable swap... you may want to check with the CO Dept. of Health, I think they want to inspect it. Then your emissions will be whatever year of ECU it has. Worthy improvement.

That is some bad JUJU! CDPH&E is not anyones friend including most of CDPH&E and just seeing the name gets me a bit aggressive!

First off do you already have collector series plates? If so you're covered. Push-pull-click-click and enjoy. If not then the law states that you have to pass e-standards for whichever is newer, the engine or the vehicle. In this case you have to meet standards for Toms truck. So you install engine along with the cats and ECU from Toms truck. If you still have a leaded fuel tank you will need the sealed and unleaded filler neck setup from a set up like Toms. You will want an internal fuel pump setup anyway! Once the engine is in and setup by that years standards it's as simple as calling Colorado Air Care and setting up an inspection by referee. The piece of paper you get from them is worth it's weight in gold and needs to always be in the vehicle! You needs Toms VIN Code as it will make life much easier! After you jump those hoops it's business as normal. It sounds scary but it really isn't that huge of a job! Again, if you already have collector plates it's a walk in the park!

MDH33
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
First off do you already have collector series plates? If so you're covered.

Unfortunately I bought this after the law changed and it didn't qualify for collector plates anymore. :(

My '80 is pre-catalyst and passes emissions easily, so maybe I don't want to mess with it since it's my driver right now. The engine swap sounds like it might be more of a project than I need, even though I would like the 22re and 5speed. Thanks for the all the info guys. :thumb:

Red_Chili
02-15-2012, 01:40 PM
I had no bad experiences at all with Colo. Dept. of Health... the Chili passed with flying colors and the head dude - who does fiberglass hot rod parts on the side, pretty much a motorhead - was extremely helpful. It was a short visit, got the paperwork, now completely legal... :dunno:
YMMV I suppose.

Oh... and... for what it's worth, he had little use for EnviroTest and the way they get off scott free on their contract compliance. They have to measure the tires, not just read "35x whatever" and deny the vehicle for the rollers.

Uncle Ben
02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
I am curious that now that leaded fuel's are not even available if the fuel filler restricter is even a requirement now? I built WR to be fully compliant with the exception of the fuel cell. It is sealed and it would be very easy to vent through a valve controlled charcoal canister. Hope I don't need to find out! :rolleyes:

RockRunner
02-16-2012, 03:32 PM
No worries UB, it keeps it on top and you guys are adding valuable information.

Now somebody buy this awsome setup.

L43dean
02-16-2012, 06:17 PM
How easy would it be to replace a 20r and 4 speed with this setup? Would it pass emissions?

Engine will bolt right in. Transmission will be 4 inches longer. crossmember will need to move back. Budbuilt makes a nice crossmember to compensate for this and still use factory frame mount points. Shifter(s) will also move back in the cab. Of course shorten/lengthen propellor shafts. This would be a good time to get dual reduction boxes, wish for money tree too. The wiring would be the challange. EFI fuel tank, pump, black boxes and sensors too, will be needed. We need a turtle in the box with all the smiley faces. Go slow now!

Red_Chili
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Martin, you'll feel like you supercharged it.... whole different truck.