PDA

View Full Version : Room in a 45 series pickup?

FJBen
07-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone can fit in a LWB 45 pickup "somewhat comfortably" being like 6'4". I X-posted on mud but it seems to be down. I'm having thoughts about a certain 45 I'm hording in here in Colorado. ;)

Would it be somewhat useful for a weekend worker/hauler driver?

wesintl
07-11-2006, 03:08 PM
It's a miserable fit... You'll only be good for a few mile run to the hardware store. You should still do it though :D

Shark Bait
07-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Much too small. You should trade it to me for my 55. :D

FJBen
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
lol...yes I figured that might be some of the answers...

Should I sweeten the pot and say that it's an HJ45? mmm diesel!!!!

I'm just trying to rationalize if it would be enough room for my tall skinny butt...becuase they are just too cool!

wesintl
07-11-2006, 04:53 PM
If your 6'4 with a 30" inseam you'll be fine ;)

Shark Bait
07-11-2006, 04:58 PM
You know you really want a 55 instead. :p:

Hulk
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
If you don't end up getting it, let me know. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. That truck would be a good fit. :)

treerootCO
07-12-2006, 12:57 AM
a camo HJ45 ;)

Rzeppa
07-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Just wondering if anyone can fit in a LWB 45 pickup "somewhat comfortably" being like 6'4". I X-posted on mud but it seems to be down. I'm having thoughts about a certain 45 I'm hording in here in Colorado. ;)

Would it be somewhat useful for a weekend worker/hauler driver?A lot of people complain about 45s being too small, especially leg room. Years ago I was reading a thread on the CCOT board and somebody was asking about how to make the seat in their 40 go further back for more leg room. It turns out that the super-easy way to get more leg room is to simply raise the seats up higher. There's tons of head room in a 40 or 45 so it makes perfect sense!

BTW, I fit just fine in my 45 but I'm only 5'9" w/32" inseam ;-)

FJBen
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
a camo HJ45 ;)

Ding Ding Ding! I"m thinking very hard about it this time. I'm trying to catch up to Root in 45's...I mean...I only have like 26 to go!!! :D Wait you don't have a truck do ya? :confused:

What do you think would be a good price for an HJ45? It's a 74, Imported from South africa back in 77. They took out the a/c out and put in a heater, H41, H-diesel, been a hunting truck. Pretty minimal rust. Cool smokestack ;), custom roll bar...neat camo...;) 3k? 5K? 7K?

Uncle Ben
07-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Ding Ding Ding! I"m thinking very hard about it this time. I'm trying to catch up to Root in 45's...I mean...I only have like 26 to go!!! :D Wait you don't have a truck do ya? :confused:

What do you think would be a good price for an HJ45? It's a 74, Imported from South africa back in 77. They took out the a/c out and put in a heater, H41, H-diesel, been a hunting truck. Pretty minimal rust. Cool smokestack ;), custom roll bar...neat camo...;) 3k? 5K? 7K?

I really think that truck should be mine! Ben....you'll just pimp it out anyway....thats no way for a 45 work truck to live!

Rzeppa
07-12-2006, 01:43 PM
If it's from SA then why does it have LHD?

Beater
07-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I'd give my left lug nuts for that...

Shark Bait
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I've seen that 45 before. I'm just trying to remember where. :confused:

FJBen
07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
If it's from SA then why does it have LHD?

Not sure...lol...that's what I was told, a dealership in denver got some in back in the day or traded, or mail ordered some bride's and got the trucks with it...:eek:

It was a guys sons who has passed away prolly around 5+ years ago. :( They have had offers, just bad ones and really want it to go to someone who really likes cruisers...(don't mention the roll to them ;) )

So I'd imagine it's possible that it's South American model if he couldn't remember...but I thought they were mostly gassers there? Again, many more knowledgeable people than me on this.

My plans would be to keep her pretty damn stock...fix rust, repaint, cleanup and factoryize it. To me it's just not the right one to make gigantic and beat up.

FJBen
07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I've seen that 45 before. I'm just trying to remember where. :confused:

They used to drive it all over colorado hunting. But I don't think it's been moved from it's current location in over 5+ years. (could I still be more cryptic? :D ) TJ knows where it's at...but I have sworn him to secrecy on it or else a heard of rabid chihuahua's shall come and attack him :D :eek:

If I decide to pass on this, I'll definitely make sure you guys have the first crack at bringing her back to glory.

PabloCruise
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Ooh - the cat is out of the bag...

Rzeppa
07-12-2006, 06:55 PM
All vehicles sold new in South Africa are RHD, so if it was bought there, it wasn't sold new there. Most sub-saharan African countries got both gassers and diesels, Including South Africa. South America is different, for example Venzuela never got any diesels at all, but Costa Rica got a lot.

MDH33
07-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Maybe South American import?

Jump on it. 45's are hard to find and that one looks pretty solid. You only live once, right? :)

If you don't go for it you should let Buckroseau in MN know about it. He's ready to do another ground up resto and is fiending for a LWB 45. I'm sure you've seen his 45lv wagon resto. Amazing. :bowdown:

FJBen
07-13-2006, 10:55 AM
All vehicles sold new in South Africa are RHD, so if it was bought there, it wasn't sold new there. Most sub-saharan African countries got both gassers and diesels, Including South Africa. South America is different, for example Venzuela never got any diesels at all, but Costa Rica got a lot.

So more than likely they just forgot where it came from would be my guess. What would you think is a good "ball park" price for something like this?

wesintl
07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't care where it came from.. Really it's from Japan :D If you don't want it let me know. It is diesel afterall :thumb:

I dunno. Because if someone wants it's it'll go high. I'd say ~5k

How many KM's??

Rzeppa
07-13-2006, 12:07 PM
So more than likely they just forgot where it came from would be my guess. What would you think is a good "ball park" price for something like this?That's a good question, but there isn't enough info to answer very well. For example, how bad is the rust? How original is it? Is it legally imported or grey market? What kind of compression does it have? Parts for Hs are harder to get than parts for 2Hs.

One obvious answer is that it is worth whatever somebody's willing to pay for it. That said, mint FJ45s run anywhere from $15-$25k. That truck is obviously not mint, so it would certainly be south of those figures. Probably more than $5k and less than $10k, but is just a guess and assumes that it doesn't have much rust, runs well and is completely legal..

farnhamstj
07-13-2006, 07:25 PM
I believe I saw that for sale a few years ago for $6K.