PDA

View Full Version : Ack! That totally snuck up on me...

smslavin
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Moving day is Saturday. That got here a little too quickly. As if I don't have enough going on, the poop has hit the fan at the office. I've spent the last 3 days locked on the phone. Everyone knows we're moving yet I have 4 hours of conference calls scheduled for Monday. During our drive to Denver. That's going to be fun.

Our stuff will probably be arriving Wed and the office wants me to fly on Thursday. Wifey blew a gasket. :rant: Totally understandable. Since I flew about 90k miles last year, both of us would really like me to have some time on the ground.

All 3 daughters and my wife are super stoked for the move and I'm practically jumping out of my skin. Scrambling to finish up a few projects on the truck so I don't have to pack parts and then wonder where everything went as I unpack. :hill: 60k service done, alignment done, tire rotation done. Finish installing the second battery and the iPad chargers for the girls tomorrow.

Moving truck comes Saturday morning and we'll be following it out of town.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person over the next few weeks.

subzali
02-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Moving is always stressful...hope to meet you soon! :cheers:

DanS
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Moving is always stressful...hope to meet you soon! :cheers:

No it isn't.

If it doesn't fit in the truck--I no longer own it!

See? easy! :hill:

Travel safely with the move! At least the weather is nice and the roads are good as far around as I can see!

Dan

Jacket
02-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Moving sucks - no doubt about it.

You're coming at the perfect time. You'll get a month of snowboarding in, followed by glorious springtime on the front range. Then summer hits, and you get to wheel, explore, hike a 14'er, and ride your bike all over the Rockies.

corsair23
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Safe travels :thumb:

And if you find yourself home and wanting to get out of the house on Wednesday March 7th, come to the meeting and say :wav:

smslavin
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Made it to town this afternoon. That wind as we were coming down the hill was quite fun. Watched a big rig blow over and almost off the 470 ramp. :eek:

And if you find yourself home and wanting to get out of the house on Wednesday March 7th, come to the meeting and say :wav:

I wish I could make the meeting. Unfortunately, I'll be on the road for work that week and don't get home until Thursday night. I'm sure the meeting would be way more fun than sitting in Milwaukee.

Red_Chili
02-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Boy no kidding. In the bus yesterday, the wind over Genessee was unbelievable. Genessee is a wind tunnel in the right conditions. Ground blizzards and sunshine. Musta been >60mph winds, steady.

Got home, and really appreciated the mountain to my northwest. Still windy but not nearly as bad.

nattybumppo
02-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Made it to town this afternoon. That wind as we were coming down the hill was quite fun. Watched a big rig blow over and almost off the 470 ramp. :eek:

I wish I could make the meeting. Unfortunately, I'll be on the road for work that week and don't get home until Thursday night. I'm sure the meeting would be way more fun than sitting in Milwaukee.

Yeah but there's good beer in Milwaukee! Welcome to the Queen City of the Plains.