PDA

View Full Version : 60/62 group bumper build?

surffj62
02-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Anybody want to pull together and build some bumpers for ourselves? I want to build this one for myself. See link- When I built my rear bumper I had a bunch of material left over that I left when we moved to CO. I don't want to order 20 feet of stock and only need 6.
I can cut and grind. I don't have a welder or know how to weld. Maybe make an extra 2? to cover our costs.

Maybe get 3-4 guys to do it? What do you think?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/77311-front-bumper-project.html

farnhamstj
02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Thats a good looking bumper. good luck with the project.

surffj62
02-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Destiny!

This guy makes rear bumper kits and I got in touch with him today. He is going to make a front bumper kit in the style of the 4+ that for sale at man-a-fre. He will have it out soon.

So instead of reinventing the wheel I think I'm going to go that route and if someone else wants to build theirs with me great!

Http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/343628-fj60-62-rear-bumper-kits.html

zornff
02-19-2012, 02:05 PM
You should check out Red Line Motor Sports, they make some nice bumpers for cruisers.

DanS
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Destiny!

This guy makes rear bumper kits and I got in touch with him today. He is going to make a front bumper kit in the style of the 4+ that for sale at man-a-fre. He will have it out soon.

So instead of reinventing the wheel I think I'm going to go that route and if someone else wants to build theirs with me great!

Http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/343628-fj60-62-rear-bumper-kits.html

I welded one of these rear bumpers together for Dad's 60.

Not bad.

If/when I decide to do the same for the Guzzler, it's a toss up between another one, the RLMS, or 4x4 Labs kits. They all have plusses, and all have downsides.

Dan