PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Parts 4 Sale - soft tops, tire cxr, diamond plate, PS bracket, license frame!

corsair23
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM
First of all, thanks to Chris, "Shark Bait", for bringing Rising Sun to my attention!!

Sold my '76 FJ40 :( but I still have a lot of parts that I acquired over the years that didn't go with the Cruiser...I'd like to sell them locally if I can and avoid the hassle of shipping and more importantly the pain of listing them on eBay!

I can ship any of these items but obviously if you are local and can pick up or I can meet you part way for gas $$ you can save yourself some dimes!! I'm in the Littleton/Highlands Ranch.

I don't have pictures for everything but I can get them if you want to see the particular item. I'll list more as time goes by but here are the first items that need to go:

Stock Tire Carrier w/ Latch (see pic)
MOVED to here ---> http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=16965#post16965
Not sure of year but came with my '76 from PO - someone here knows I'm sure which years this was OEM for
GREAT condition w/ minimal rust, small dent above one of the tire bolts
EDIT: Includes catch plate that mounts to the body for the latch mechanism - NOT shown in pic but I have it
No bolts/nuts/washers
Freeborn Red color - perfect restoration item!
Was $300 --> Now $250 obo

***SOLD*** OEM Rear License Plate Holder w/ Lamps ***SOLD***
Needs to be cleaned up, sanded, and painted
Complete but will need one or two lamp bolts drilled out
Not perfect by any means but a heck of a lot cheaper than what you'll find new (or used) at SOR, CCOT, etc!
Was $100 --> Now $75 obo

***SOLD*** Bestop Super Top w/ 2-pc Doors, Black Denim ***SOLD***
NEW, still in the original shipping boxes
You can see pics of the top at SOR, CCOT, Bestop, etc.
Uses the belt rail system vs snaps
These run $1000-$1100+ for the top and doors even when on sale
$850 obo
***SOLD*** Bestop Tiger Top w/ 1-pc Doors, black (see pics) ***SOLD***

Used but in great condition
EDIT: I found the the windshield channel! Brand new still in the dang box :( goes with the top!!
You WILL need a snap kit (have like 20, directions call for 24 I think) as I can't find all the snaps and and maybe some misc bolts, screws, etc
No tears, rips, etc that I am aware of
Although not shown in the pic I have all of the bows
Came with the '76 in 2002 when I bought it and has been stored inside ever since
Would be a GREAT replacement top for some who already has a Tiger top
New these run $800-$900 plus shipping
Was $600 --> Now $500 obo
***SOLD*** Kayline Tire Carrier w/ Jerry Can Holders (see pic) MOVED to here ---> http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=16966#post16966 ***SOLD***

Discontinued sometime ago
Holds max 33" tire I believe plus Jerry cans
Heavy duty
GREAT condition with everything but the bolts/nuts/washers as far as I can tell
$Was $200 --> Now $150 obo
***SOLD*** Diamond Plate Side Panels ***SOLD***

NEW, SOR part #238-77-WF
Planned to use to protect side panels from scuffs etc.
Can't use them on my '74 due to my sliders
Was $85 --> Now $75 obo
***SOLD*** Diamond Plate Running Board Caps ***SOLD***

NEW, SOR part #238-82
Can't use them on my '74 'cuz I have sliders
Not too much bling...!!:eek:
Was $75 --> Now $65 obo
***SOLD*** Power Steering Bracket - JT Outfitters ***SOLD***

NEW, JT Outfitters part #PS BOX BRACKET (Use to be part #FJ4045GBI)
$99 on the JT website
Was $75 --> Now $65 obo
***SOLD*** Towbar (see pic) ***SOLD***

Used and ugly but beefy with license plate frame
Quick shot of paint, bumper brackets, and you're in business!
$50 obo
I will ship the items UPS or FedEx for actual cost if need be. No handling, boxing, packaging BS fees! I have more items that I have to go through and list later such as a complete air cleaner/filter assembly, OEM headrests, OEM bumperettes, heat riser kit, an old Kayline soft top with a slight tear, and a used Kayline bikini top, birfield, etc.

So, if you see something you need/want and are interested PM me! If you need additional information just let me know!

Thanks! Jeff

Edit: Removed pics of Tigertop to save some server space :)
Edit: Removed pics of OEM carrier
Edit: Removed pics of Kayline carrier

corsair23
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Removed pic of tow bar to save space ;)

nuclearlemon
07-11-2006, 06:48 PM
what's the measurement between the spreaders on the tow bar?

Romer
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
How does the Kayline tire carrier mount to the truck?

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
07-11-2006, 10:05 PM
What do you want for the used bikini top? Do you have the windshield channel for it?

nuclearlemon
07-11-2006, 10:13 PM
it mounts to the body

corsair23
07-12-2006, 01:46 AM
what's the measurement between the spreaders on the tow bar?

IGE,

I measured the tow bar. Outside to outside is 33 3/4", Inside (the measurement you asked for) is 32 3/4", and the attachment points are 1/2" thick each.

Let me know if you need any other measurements.

Thanks!!

corsair23
07-12-2006, 02:04 AM

Dug out the hardware and took a picture. I never had the carrier mounted in the 4+ years I owned the '76 FJ40 it came with. There are a couple bolts in the box but safe to say you'd need to buy some bolts etc. Looks like 8 mounting holes on one side and 4 (maybe six) on the other. It might be hard to tell from the picture but the brackets that mount to the Cruiser are curved to follow the contour of the rear quarters. Looks real stout. I don't have any instructions for installation of the carrier (I'll keep looking) but it looks pretty straight forward. I did find a picture of the carrier installed on a FJ40 in the old Kayline catalog. Bottom of page 19:

http://www.thejeep.com/kayline/instsheets/catalog.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Edit: Removed pic - Carrier moved to its own thread

corsair23
07-12-2006, 02:08 AM
._.)']What do you want for the used bikini top? Do you have the windshield channel for it?

I'd have to dig it out and see what kind of shape it is in for you. I've got sooooo much stuff getting to things is sometimes a challenge :(

I do have a windshield channel (new) but I'll probably sell that and the new bikini top together as a set when I get around to digging them out. I really need to learn to not buy stuff until I need it! :eek: If some of the stuff was wine I have some great vintages.

Thanks

corsair23
07-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Had some interest expressed in the rear license plate holder deal so I dug it out and snapped some pictures of it. Plus, I have what I think is a front plate holder and maybe a battery tray bottom? Anyone know for sure? :confused:

Thanks for all the interest!! :)

Edit: Removed pics of license plate bracket - SOLD

nuclearlemon
07-12-2006, 08:30 AM
not a stock front plate holder. looks like some kind of store bought thing. and the other piece is a splash shield.

corsair23
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
not a stock front plate holder. looks like some kind of store bought thing. and the other piece is a splash shield.

Thanks for the info!! Did you get those measurements for the tow bar I posted?

corsair23
07-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Edited the main listing. I found the windshield channel for the Tigertop so that goes with it!! Brand new still in the box. http://forum.ih8mud.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

I thought I bought one way back when but couldn't find it in all the stuff. Right now I have interested parties in the Supertop, tow bar, and PS bracket but nothing firm (i.e. no $$). I will give the interested parties first right of refusal should another party become interested.

corsair23
07-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Tow bar is sold...Hopefully the other stuff sells soon too or they're off to eBay...:(

On a side note...I can only locate one used Bikini top and the new one. The used one is the older Kayline type that uses a different windshield channel than the typical Bestop type. So, I'll probably sell that with the Kayline soft top I have unless someone out there needs a Kayline bikini top and already has the correct channel.

MDH33
07-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Did you say you have a bestop Bikini top as well? I would be interested (price?) and I already have the channel for it. How negotiable are you on the visors? Thanks.

corsair23
07-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Did you say you have a bestop Bikini top as well? I would be interested (price?) and I already have the channel for it. How negotiable are you on the visors? Thanks.

Martin,

I sent you a PM with the deal of a lifetime ;)

Thanks for your interest!!

corsair23
07-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Visors and the bestop bikini top have been sold. THANKS!! :)

Also, discovered that the used bikini top I have is a Kayline (STC) so it will NOT work with a tiger channel. I will include it with the used Kayline (STC) top that I have if someone buys the tops or if you have a Kayline top and would like a bikini top that works with your windshield channel you can PM me with an offer. I believe STC still sells these for about $73 although I could only find reference to them on the pricing and instruction page.

corsair23
07-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Supertop and 2-pc doors are sold...Thanks!! :)

corsair23
07-24-2006, 12:01 AM
New give away prices on all items that have not yet sold!!

corsair23
07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
For those interested, here are some pics of a Kayline tire carrier installed on a FJ40. The nice person that has a FJ40 up on eBay (check it out!! http://tinyurl.com/ebtvw (http://tinyurl.com/ebtvw)) allowed me to use them so folks could see what the tire carrier I have would look like installed. Check out the auction for bigger pics and possibly for a new Cruiser http://forum.ih8mud.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Edit: Removed pics of installed carrier - moved carrier to its own thread

corsair23
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Updated the JTO PS bracket part #. Apparently they have changed the part # somewhere along the line so searching JTO's site on the old part # I supplied didn't provide any results.

corsair23
07-27-2006, 02:59 PM
JTO PS Bracket is SOLD...Thanks all for helping me clear out my garage and basement! Making progress.

corsair23
08-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Update:

Tigertop is SOLD!! Down to just one more top left, a used Kayline/STC top with 1/2 doors and bonus bikini top. I don't have any pics yet but if anyone is interested let me know and we can go from there.

I would REALLY prefer to sell this to someone local. All of the boxing and taping and boxing and taping is wearing me out!!!

MDH33
08-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Bring it to the rally! :) Lots of potential buyers all in one place.

corsair23
08-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Martin,

I'm trying to work the rally into the schedule for sure and if I get a chance to bring some stuff with me all the better!! :)