PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Run 2012 (October 13-21 2012)

bh4rnnr
02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Dates: October 13-21st.

Where: Were heading back to where is all started. Back to the San Rafael Swell.

Meeting time: Lets plan on meeting in Green River at Ray's Tavern at 11am (no better way to start a desert adventure). Theres a grocery store next door, so we can also pick up any last minute items.

Saturdays plans: I'm planning on taking the group through Black Dragon Canyon to Swaseys leap. There's a short hike to the San Rafael River and the leap. Then from there, head to our base camp for the northern portion along the Mexican Mountain road. Ths will take most of the day, but will be a good way to start the trip.

Even though were close to towns for the trip, Green River, Hanksville Castle Dale etc, i'm still going to recomend to bring extra fuel. Two Jerry Cans should be enough.

Weather should be enjoyable, but it can get cold this time of year. Recomend some decent winter type gear for the "just in case"

Some places we will be exploring during the week:

North Fork Coal Wash.

Fixit Pass.

Eagle Canyon.

A lot of the Southern Portion of the Swell. Lots of cool mines and old towns to check out.

This will be the base camp for the northern portion of the trip.

Some other places will be: McCarty Canyon, Sids Mountain Cabin and Swasey's Leap. I'm planning it so we will have lots of days behind the wheel, but also some days for hiking and a bit of R&R. And we cant forget Ray's.

Sean Boland gets first spot since he's missing half of the years wheeling season due to work (Get back safe buddy!).

IN:

Sean Boland
Perry Loughridge
Daniel Markofsky
Kurt Williams
Paul May?
Wes Worek
Treeroot
Matt Farr
Vince Farace
Daniel Linn
Shawn Cardinal

:beer::beer:

MDH33
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey Perry, the timing should work out for me this year since the FS season ends the end of Sept. Add me to the list. :thumb:

Inukshuk
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Did you get my e-mail that I can't do those dates? I'll be in NY the 12-14th at least for a HS reunion. Last week of September would work, even a week earlier is better. Or being the Swell maybe I'll come out for the south half, 18-21 or something. I know dates can't work for everyone.

Edit: Not going to NYC 10/6/12

Corbet
02-20-2012, 07:52 AM
I'd like to get in on this but the current dates cover 1st season rifle for Elk. I'll have to see what I draw this year. Maybe I'll put in for 2nd season.

PhatFJ
02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Kim and I would love to go on this run!!

wesintl
02-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd love to rerun the original outlaws run. Epic memories of the first one. Looking for a place to camp, crossing the san rafael, Fixit pass, black dragon and eagle canyon, and getting back to green river on fumes.

treerootCO
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I would like to go as well.

Not questioning it just curious what the advantages are to an October run.

Inukshuk
02-20-2012, 02:36 PM

:thumb: Then we will definitely have to do some night running with them fancy lights.

Past the summer heat, before the winter cold.

Nov. 2010 Swell trip was great daytime weather, cold nights.
2009 was 3rd week of October.
2008 was 3rd week of September.
Prior ones seem to have been archived by my Outlook and I can't find em! :eek:

simps80
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I would love to go on this trip if there is any room, if not I understand.
I know the permits and such are severely limited; so if all the spots are spoken for I totally get it.

:thumb:

art hog
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Im in for this run also. add me to the list.

bh4rnnr
02-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Hey Perry, the timing should work out for me this year since the FS season ends the end of Sept. Add me to the list. :thumb:

On the list:).

Did you get my e-mail that I can't do those dates? I'll be in NY the 12-14th at least for a HS reunion. Last week of September would work, even a week earlier is better. Or being the Swell maybe I'll come out for the south half, 18-21 or something. I know dates can't work for everyone.

nope.

I'd like to get in on this but the current dates cover 1st season rifle for Elk. I'll have to see what I draw this year. Maybe I'll put in for 2nd season.

Will put you on the list. Have some other dates to propose. See thread.

Kim and I would love to go on this run!!

On the list:).

I'd love to rerun the original outlaws run. Epic memories of the first one. Looking for a place to camp, crossing the san rafael, Fixit pass, black dragon and eagle canyon, and getting back to green river on fumes.

You better make it!

Nothing better than a fall run in the Swell. Few people, mild temps and lots of awesome country! Ok, the mild temps part didnt happen for OUtlaws 2006...

I would love to go on this trip if there is any room, if not I understand.
I know the permits and such are severely limited; so if all the spots are spoken for I totally get it.

Will put you on the list:).

Im in for this run also. add me to the list.

On:).

So some other dates that have been thrown around, due to daniel being in NY ( I never got that e-mail), and Paul May getting ready for Sema are: September 29-7th and October 6-13th. Cant do any other dates in September due to a Lake Powell trip in the begining of the month.

Inukshuk
02-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Great to see such excitement and a great crew.

So some other dates that have been thrown around, due to Daniel being in NY ( I never got that e-mail), and Paul May getting ready for SEMA are: September 29-7th and October 6-13th. Cant do any other dates in September due to a Lake Powell trip in the beginning of the month.

Sorry to throw a wrench in the works - its my 25th HS reunion.
For me the 6th-13th is worse because my minimum days in NY will be the 11th - 14th. If the dates stay as is I'll try to jump in late. If earlier can work, September 29 - October 7th works, and is warmer....

Here is the original crew from 8 years ago. Including Zan & Jayna who just turned 10. I have more stickers on the cargo drawers and less hair on my head. :eek:

Inukshuk
02-21-2012, 12:10 AM

We don't need no stinkin permits (at least thus far)! This trip is all on BLM land.

simps80
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
We don't need no stinkin permits (at least thus far)! This trip is all on BLM land.

awesome!

VBRoamer
02-21-2012, 09:53 AM
I'd like to join in as well. October sounds good, but any of the dates would work.

The trailer is getting a new suspension and a new storage box, designed to eliminate the problems of last year.

bh4rnnr
02-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd like to join in as well. October sounds good, but any of the dates would work.

The trailer is getting a new suspension and a new storage box, designed to eliminate the problems of last year.

Great to have you along for another run Vince!

Awesome about the trailer!

:beer:

bh4rnnr
02-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Updated first post. Dang, what a list!:D.

bh4rnnr
02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Should be working on the web site, but more pics:)

Progression of Fuller Bottom. Changes every year.

As fun as of a drive it was. We wont be exploring Woods Hollow: Other wise known to Perry as South Fork Coal Wash.:rolleyes:

Some crazy wash outs can happen in the Swell. Washes were full this day. Same with the tires, caked full of mud.

bh4rnnr
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuDk8vL7FXE&feature=related

Or how bout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS15lK4hO8Y&feature=related
(Seemes though I forgot how to post youtub vids).

The Outlaws, though on the dodge, hid away in some most awesome areas.

THe Henrys

Robbers Roost

Hole in the Wall.

The northern reaches of Outlaw territory and Kid Curry Country.

Them all are amazing places. It's just hard to beat the Swell:cool:. Oh, this be Behind the Reef Rd.

Inukshuk
02-22-2012, 12:42 AM
2006 - hard to believe that was 6 years ago and :perry: was a redhead (incase you did not know why Perry has this :perry::perry: emoticon)

Rezarf
02-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Perry if there is still room, I'd be all in. Last years dates didntbwork for me but these do!

bh4rnnr
02-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Perry if there is still room, I'd be all in. Last years dates didntbwork for me but these do!

On the list my man!

bh4rnnr
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Updated first post with official dates.

Inukshuk
04-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Updated first post with official dates.

He's about to go to Alaska and still thinking of us regular people. :cheers:

Put me down for the 17th - 21st part! 10/6/12 Edit: I'm in for all

bh4rnnr
05-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Guess i'm not cool enough to get a sticky.

Cause I didnt post official dates (October 13-21st). Sorry that I was in Alaska:rolleyes:

:hill:

Jacket
05-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I got yer back brotha.

Corbet
05-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm officially out. I got a 1st season Elk tag. I'll be out in the woods

bh4rnnr
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
I got yer back brotha.

:cool::thumb:

I'm officially out. I got a 1st season Elk tag. I'll be out in the woods

Darn.

Good luck with the hunt!

Rock Dog
05-26-2012, 12:06 PM

When i spoke to the BLM yesterday for the CM post use report, i believe she indicated a permit was needed for 25 or more rigs if was not commercial, or no money was being charged (like the CM event). Since in this case no money, and under 20 rigs you should be good :D .
It came up because of questions she asked me about CruiserFest, and who this Kurt Williams guy was... Told her Kurt has been doing our swell trip for years now.

I put a request in at work for the dates off, should know next week (if there is still an open spot).

bh4rnnr
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
When i spoke to the BLM yesterday for the CM post use report, i believe she indicated a permit was needed for 25 or more rigs if was not commercial, or no money was being charged (like the CM event). Since in this case no money, and under 20 rigs you should be good :D .
It came up because of questions she asked me about CruiserFest, and who this Kurt Williams guy was... Told her Kurt has been doing our swell trip for years now.

I put a request in at work for the dates off, should know next week (if there is still an open spot).

Cool.

Was planning on cutting of the run here soon so it's still a managable size. I'll put you in Corbets spot.

Thanks for the props on the Cruiserfest run:thumb:.

CardinalFJ60
06-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Reviewing the attendee list with dan1554. I hope you all can make it!:beer::thumb:

bh4rnnr
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Reviewing the attendee list with dan1554. I hope you all can make it!:beer::thumb:

And here I was going to have a cold :beer: with ya today. Tottaly spaced, sorry bud.

:beer:....

bh4rnnr
07-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Vince and Drew,

Was wondering if you guys are still planning on bringing your trailers. If yes, i'll be leading you guys another way into the Swell while the rest of the group does Black Dragon. Rejoin the group at Swasey's Leap.

jonharis
07-30-2012, 03:42 PM
You guys think you could handle me for a couple of days, i.e. 17-19? I need to be in Moab on the night of the 19th but looking to extend my trip vacation by a day or two.

VBRoamer
07-30-2012, 04:02 PM
I will be bringing the trailer, definitely.

Woodsman
07-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Awe man, Perry, I really need to hang out in the Swell for a while . . . but 'fraid I'll be wheeling in Oregon during that time frame. Maybe next time.

jonharis
07-31-2012, 01:11 PM

I would be bringing my trailer too. I'd plan on doing Black Dragon Canyon (going down) on the way to Moab Friday.

bh4rnnr
07-31-2012, 07:54 PM
You guys think you could handle me for a couple of days, i.e. 17-19? I need to be in Moab on the night of the 19th but looking to extend my trip vacation by a day or two.

Yeah, think we can squeeze you in:).

Thanks Vince.

Awe man, Perry, I really need to hang out in the Swell for a while . . . but 'fraid I'll be wheeling in Oregon during that time frame. Maybe next time.

You went to Moab twice but didnt drive a half hour west during your latest outing, amature:rolleyes::hill:.

Bummed you cant make it buddy. Next time!

Hulk
08-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Perry, is there still space? I'm thinking that I can make it this year. I desperately need to get somewhere remote.

simps80
08-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Perry, is there still space? I'm thinking that I can make it this year. I desperately need to get somewhere remote.

it is looking more and more like I won't be able to go on this one now.

So I am going to go ahead and officially back out since there is more demand, so that should free up one spot.

Woodsman
08-15-2012, 09:49 AM
You went to Moab twice but didnt drive a half hour west during your latest outing, amature:rolleyes::hill:.

Bummed you cant make it buddy. Next time!

I had other priorities like entertaining a four wheeling :Princess:

:cheers:

bh4rnnr
08-28-2012, 09:01 PM

it is looking more and more like I won't be able to go on this one now.

So I am going to go ahead and officially back out since there is more demand, so that should free up one spot.

Dang, sorry for missing this.

Mike, bummed you cant make the run:(:(:(, was looking forward to hanging out!

Matt, you on the list:cool::bowdown::thumb::bowdown::cheers:

Old40Dog
08-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey Perry! Looks like I can swing this after all if there's room. See you have several that are now unable to go. Bringing the M416 Replica Trailer too. LMK.

Thanks!

CardinalFJ60
08-29-2012, 04:56 PM
That's awesome news Dave!! Outlaws unite!!! Hey...that brings up the next question...are we all "Outlaws" or do we have any "Outlaws in training"?

VBRoamer
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Sign me up for "in training." :bowdown:

Rock Dog
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Hello Perry,
I was told i tore my LCL and minicus, so knee surgery will be done.. I find out next week if when the surgery will be, and then 6 weeks physical therapy, so i may end up missing again this year.. will update you next week....

Neil.

Inukshuk
08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello Perry,
I was told i tore my LCL and minicus, so knee surgery will be done.. I find out next week if when the surgery will be, and then 6 weeks physical therapy, so i may end up missing again this year.. will update you next week....

Neil.
:(
PM me if you need a referral to an excellent doctor.

MDH33
08-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Hello Perry,

Neil.

That sucks, Neil. Coincidentally, I tore a meniscus a couple of weeks ago and I'm waiting to find out if I can get surgery. Hoping to get it done in the next week or two.

dan1554
09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi guys, just getting caught up on all the posts I missed. Been slacking on keeping up with the RS forum. Just working out some electrical gremlins in the truck. If all else fails I may have to take it to the mechanic and throw more money at it, but it WILL be ready for Outlaws.

Rezarf
09-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Perry, if I had to scoot early on the 18th... which I do, does this create a problem? Or is it easy enough to tuck tail and scoot out of there?

Rezarf
09-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Vince and Drew,

Was wondering if you guys are still planning on bringing your trailers. If yes, i'll be leading you guys another way into the Swell while the rest of the group does Black Dragon. Rejoin the group at Swasey's Leap.

Perry, I don't think I will haul it... I am traveling light and possibly solo so there is no real need to lug it around. If Vince is totally committed to bringing his I could change my mind, but for now, I think it will just be the 40. :thumb:

VBRoamer
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm committed BUT I'm still trying to get a commitment that it will be ready to travel. Long story. I will pursue and let y'all know ASAP. :(

bh4rnnr
09-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Hey Perry! Looks like I can swing this after all if there's room. See you have several that are now unable to go. Bringing the M416 Replica Trailer too. LMK.

Good to her Dave! On the list!

Thanks!

Hello Perry,

Neil.

Bummer Neil!! Hope all goes well and please keep us informed. Would love to have you along!

Perry, if I had to scoot early on the 18th... which I do, does this create a problem? Or is it easy enough to tuck tail and scoot out of there?

Will be easy for you to bail. 24 will be close by so you can head north, then east towards home.

Perry, I don't think I will haul it... I am traveling light and possibly solo so there is no real need to lug it around. If Vince is totally committed to bringing his I could change my mind, but for now, I think it will just be the 40. :thumb:

I'm committed BUT I'm still trying to get a commitment that it will be ready to travel. Long story. I will pursue and let y'all know ASAP. :(

Thanks for the info on the trailers. Trailers and Black Dragon Canyon is managable, but a long treck. Got plans to take the trailer folk another way to Swaseys Leap.

bh4rnnr
09-05-2012, 09:31 PM
So I have good news and bad news.

Good News: Trip is next month:cool:

Bad News: Just came from the dentist. Sudden infection. $ that was going to be put away to get Skelator ready for this years run is now gone. Was excited to say thanks to you all by having the truck running and fridge installed. No longer an option.

Majorly frustrating year:(.

cruiseroutfit
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Boooo! Just stock up on painkillers and rock out the needed work on Skeletor!

VBRoamer
09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear that, Perry. This is never good news.

I won't be bringing the trailer. It's not ready to travel and my tent will work just fine. I'll add a cot this year, though.

So, no need to factor in a different access route for the trailer. Thanks for being willing to do it, though.

Hulk
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
So... this is an entire week? I was thinking it was 4-5 days. Perry, I should probably just give you a call.

CardinalFJ60
09-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Boooo! Just stock up on painkillers and rock out the needed work on Skeletor!

I'm on the case!! hey! will wheels from my 40 fit a "skelator"?

jonharis
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM
:(
PM me if you need a referral to an excellent lawyer.

Fixed it for ya.

At this point it looks like we will be able to make it up on Thursday afternoon/evening for a departure Friday mid day. Where is camp looking like it's going to be on Thursday?

MDH33
09-07-2012, 06:32 PM

I bet they would. Nice offer Shawn. Perry, I still have the tall skinny 32's off my hilux that would probably work for you as well. What else needs fixing?

As for me, right now it's not looking good for the trip as I'm still waiting to find out if worker's comp will pay for my knee surgery. I've been limping around a month and they are fighting me so we'll see what happens.

Daniel, could you pm me regarding your ortho reference?

Inukshuk
09-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I bet they would. Nice offer Shawn. Perry, I still have the tall skinny 32's off my hilux that would probably work for you as well. What else needs fixing?

As for me, right now it's not looking good for the trip as I'm still waiting to find out if worker's comp will pay for my knee surgery. I've been limping around a month and they are fighting me so we'll see what happens.

Perry - you said you had the parts, you have the offer of my garage a short bike ride or decent walk from you apt. SO GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR!

PM being sent.

bh4rnnr
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear that, Perry. This is never good news.

I won't be bringing the trailer. It's not ready to travel and my tent will work just fine. I'll add a cot this year, though.

So, no need to factor in a different access route for the trailer. Thanks for being willing to do it, though.

Thanks for the heads up Vince. So it's looking that it's going to be just Dave with a trailer this year. Dave are you O.K. with towing the trailer through Black Dragon Canyon? There are a few spots that will be tight, but I dont think anything unmanagable.

So... this is an entire week? I was thinking it was 4-5 days. Perry, I should probably just give you a call.

Matt, yes, the trip is an entire week. We will be in the northern portion of the Swell for the first part of the week then in the southern part for the end of the week Wed on. The north and south have easy acsess to highways. 24 and I-70 being the main ones we will be close to.

That is a mighty fine offer:bowdown:. But after crunching some numbers this weekend, after paying my dentist bill, financialy, i'm not going to afford to drive the 4runner out this year:mad:

Fixed it for ya.

At this point it looks like we will be able to make it up on Thursday afternoon/evening for a departure Friday mid day. Where is camp looking like it's going to be on Thursday?

Cool. The plan thus far is to explore the Hidden Splendor and Lucky strike Mines on Thursday. We will be base camping somewhere around temple Mountain. Have a few spots in mind, just need to spend some more time with the maps.

Thanks as well Martin.

Super bummer news. Hopefully things work out and you'll be able to join the group.

bh4rnnr
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Perry - you said you had the parts, you have the offer of my garage a short bike ride or decent walk from you apt. SO GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR!

PM being sent.

Yes, I have some of the parts. Still need an alignment. Was planning on getting that done after Lake Powell. Now I wont be able to get it done and i'm not comfortable driving on some one elses tires with the alignment way out.

As stated, after crunching number this weekend i'm just not going to be able to afford driving the truck out this year after paying the dentist bill(2000$).

I thank your for your offer on the space and still want to take you up on it. Hope to have the bill paid off shortly after Outlaws. So plan to then start putting $ away for tires and alignment.

bh4rnnr
09-16-2012, 03:20 PM
So with the trip getting closer and closer, would like to get and idea of those going. Would also like to see interest from the group in a Hike I have planned for Tuesday. It's a long haul at 20 miles, up to Sids Mountain Cabin and back. A shole day venture. Trying to have another option for those not wanting to do the hike.

And lastly, thinking we should try and meet up, for those that can, before the trip starts. A loose talking of lagistics, fodd etc and just to hang out. I know Big Choice is a bit to far for some. So how about something central? Say Wynkoop or Paramount?

Yep, ready to be out in the desert:D, even if i'm not driving this year:(.

Old40Dog
09-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up Vince. So it's looking that it's going to be just Dave with a trailer this year. Dave are you O.K. with towing the trailer through Black Dragon Canyon? There are a few spots that will be tight, but I dont think anything unmanagable.

No problem. I'm sure it will do just fine. Can't wait!

VBRoamer
09-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm still planning to attend. Just bought a tent off of Overstock.com. Let me know the planning details... will bring food and drink to share, etc. It's a haul there (and back) from central PA, but I have stops along the way.

Old40Dog
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
So with the trip getting closer and closer, would like to get and idea of those going. Would also like to see interest from the group in a Hike I have planned for Tuesday. It's a long haul at 20 miles, up to Sids Mountain Cabin and back. A shole day venture. Trying to have another option for those not wanting to do the hike. Non-hikers could always just waste thee day away in Margaritaville. :shots:

And lastly, thinking we should try and meet up, for those that can, before the trip starts. A loose talking of lagistics, fodd etc and just to hang out. I know Big Choice is a bit to far for some. So how about something central? Say Wynkoop or Paramount?

Yep, ready to be out in the desert:D, even if i'm not driving this year:(.

Perry, jut pick a location and a date or two. We'll figure it out.

bh4rnnr
09-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Cool, will post some dates.

art hog
09-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Im out. I dont think Justin will have my 55 done by then. I added more to his list of stuff to fix.

arthog

Hulk
09-20-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm still in. Let me know when you want to meet up. Evenings during the week are much better for me than the weekend. How about one of these dates?

Monday night 9/24
Tuesday night 9/25

I could do Wed night too, but I think that's the night of the CM committee meeting for those folks. I cannot do next Thursday night.

dan1554
09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
In! Can meet whenever. My vote is for the koop.

Inukshuk
09-20-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm away all next week. Pre-RS meeting the 3rd?

Old40Dog
09-21-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm out of town 10/3-10/7.

bh4rnnr
09-22-2012, 10:20 AM
the 25th or 26 is better for me. Wont be able to do the meeting. Though it is the week before Outlaws, Big Choice will be at Paramount Cafe on the evening of the 10th for beer week. Might be an option to

bh4rnnr
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Lets plan on meeting tomorrow or wed at the koop. Have dinner plans nest week. Maybe those that cant make it this week can be informed at the meeting?

bh4rnnr
09-25-2012, 12:49 AM
Lets plan on meeting tomorrow or wed at the koop. Have dinner plans nest week. Maybe those that cant make it this week can be informed at the meeting?

Does this work for any of the Outlaws 12? or should we plan later dates? Both days work for me.

dan1554
09-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I could do tomorrow (Wed.)

Old40Dog
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Does this work for any of the Outlaws 12? or should we plan later dates? Both days work for me.

Wed is CM2013 Committee Meeting.
Next week Wed-Sun out of town.
Good the following week except Tue.

PhatFJ
09-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Hey guys, Kim and I are going to have to pass on this run due to just not enough time.. I hope you all have a GREAT trip!!

Hulk
09-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Sorry, I haven't been monitoring this daily. I could probably meet tonight, but it would be a low attendance meeting.

bh4rnnr
09-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey guys, Kim and I are going to have to pass on this run due to just not enough time.. I hope you all have a GREAT trip!!

Bummer guys:mad:

Sorry, I haven't been monitoring this daily. I could probably meet tonight, but it would be a low attendance meeting.

Lets plan on meeting on the tenth at the Paramount while Big Choice Brewery is in town. I know it's the week before but seems though more people can make it.

Inukshuk
09-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Just drove back from Lake Powell through the San Rafael Swell yesterday. Sure is beautiful out there. If only our 4x4 trips had all the amenities of a 75' houseboat.....

Caribou Sandstorm
09-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I may be out that way wandering about enroute to the Maze district during your Outlaws run, I will be killing time until Tim's family Needles run.

Maybe I can catch up with you guys on the HAM. I would be heading that way with the entire family on Tuesday.. Kind of a last minute plan.

CardinalFJ60
09-27-2012, 12:00 PM
if you have 3g out there...look for us on APRS.fi My call sign is KD0MZE. you'll know exactly where we are. We'll have the repeaters dialed in as well as RS-1 (146.460)

CardinalFJ60
09-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Just drove back from Lake Powell through the San Rafael Swell yesterday. Sure is beautiful out there. If only our 4x4 trips had all the amenities of a 75' houseboat.....

Sounds like a nice drive!...However...there's no place to make a "Dakota Fire Hole" on a houseboat. :thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
09-27-2012, 12:26 PM
if you have 3g out there...look for us on APRS.fi My call sign is KD0MZE. you'll know exactly where we are. We'll have the repeaters dialed in as well as RS-1 (146.460)

I am remedial so, I will try you on 146.460 :D

CardinalFJ60
09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
It's just a website...type in aprs.fi...then search for my call sign. If you have cell service and get pull up the web, you can do it...I know you can! :D

VBRoamer
09-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Dakota fire hole:cheers:

CardinalFJ60
09-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah!!! I gots my shovel and picks ready to go!!:thumb::beer:

Old40Dog
09-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Bummer guys:mad:

Lets plan on meeting on the tenth at the Paramount while Big Choice Brewery is in town. I know it's the week before but seems though more people can make it.

Sorry guys. :( I already have committments on the 9th & 10th. 11th or 12th would work at this point anyway.:beer:

bh4rnnr
09-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Im out. I dont think Justin will have my 55 done by then. I added more to his list of stuff to fix.

arthog

Thanks for the heads up Terry.

Bummer to not have you along.

bh4rnnr
09-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Thought i'd post up some stuf since the run is getting closer and closer:).

Meeting time: Lets plan on meeting in Green River at Ray's Tavern at 11am (no better way to start a desert adventure). Theres a grocery store next door, so we can also pick up any last minute items.

Saturdays plans: I'm planning on taking the group through Black Dragon Canyon to Swaseys leap. There's a short hike to the San Rafael River and the leap. Then from there, head to our base camp for the northern portion along the Mexican Mountain road. Ths will take most of the day, but will be a good way to start the trip:).

Even though were close to towns for the trip, Green River, Hanksville Gastle Dale etc, i'm still going to recomend to bring extra fuel. Two Jerry Cans should be enough.

Weather should be enjoyable, but it can get cold this time of year. Recomend some decent winter type gear for the "just in case"

And lastely, though i've been heasetint to post in hoping it wouldnt be the case, I will be needing to bum a ride for the trip. Having decided to get the dentist bill paid off sooner than later, thus leaving me more winter time to get the truck ready for cruise Moab, financialy, i'm just not going to be able to afford the trip if I drive the truck. Can barely afford to go just riding along.

Looking forward to some desert time!

bh4rnnr
09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Also, thought it might be fun to have a "Movie night". Anybody have a easy means of projectic the movie onto a wall, or for us, the cliffs surounding camp?

VBRoamer
09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the update, Perry. It looks like leaving Boulder at oh-dark-30 would get me to Green River by 11:00. Also, I have a seat (front :) ) available if you want.

cruiseroutfit
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
...Meeting time: Lets plan on meeting in Green River at Ray's Tavern at 11am (no better way to start a desert adventure). Theres a grocery store next door, so we can also pick up any last minute items.

Assuming this is Saturday the 13th?

After being out most of September sadly I can't be out for the entire Outlaw Run, thus I either do the first few days perhaps Saturday through Tuesday? Or the tail end of the trip say Wednesday through Sunday. I'd hate to get there when you are tired and out of beer so perhaps the first weekend?

Old40Dog
09-30-2012, 11:40 PM

After being out most of September sadly I can't be out for the entire Outlaw Run, thus I either do the first few days perhaps Saturday through Tuesday? Or the tail end of the trip say Wednesday through Sunday. I'd hate to get there when you are tired and out of beer so perhaps the first weekend?

Don't worry Kurt, when the beer runs out, we'll move on to the whiskey...no lack of alcohol on any given night on this run. :D So pick 'ur poison. :shots: :lmao:

Old40Dog
09-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the update, Perry. It looks like leaving Boulder at oh-dark-30 would get me to Green River by 11:00. Also, I have a seat (front :) ) available if you want.

Expect I'll leave Evergreen around 4AM to make Green River by 11AM. Honk when you pass me. :D Also have a front seat available Perry....

Hulk
10-01-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm still planning to make the first half of the week, Saturday through Tuesday. I'm not much of an early riser. Maybe I'll spend the night with my in-laws on the western slope on Friday night.

Inukshuk
10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
In an 80 with no trailer, central Denver to Green River is doable in 5.5 hours. I'll likely leave Friday after work and camp in Rabbit Valley. Also, Since it is a week long trip we might consider meeting a bit later in the day to ease up the AM burden.

One thing I need to remember to do on this year's trip is get some R&R. Seems like I come back and need time to recover. I'll want at least one day to sleep in, looking forward to the two long hikes, and going to try not to stay up so late around the campfire.

For now, its off to work for me, have lots to do before this trip.

Looking forward to time with all of you out there.

bh4rnnr
10-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Well, thanks for joining us non exiting forlk for a week.

Expect I'll leave Evergreen around 4AM to make Green River by 11AM. Honk when you pass me. :D Also have a front seat available Perry....

In an 80 with no trailer, central Denver to Green River is doable in 5.5 hours. I'll likely leave Friday after work and camp in Rabbit Valley. Also, Since it is a week long trip we might consider meeting a bit later in the day to ease up the AM burden.

One thing I need to remember to do on this year's trip is get some R&R. Seems like I come back and need time to recover. I'll want at least one day to sleep in, looking forward to the two long hikes, and going to try not to stay up so late around the campfire.

bh4rnnr
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Well, thanks for joining us non exiting forlk for a week. Hopefully we can be as cool as E7.

Thanks for the offer Dave!

Good to here you making it out for the full week:cheers:

bh4rnnr
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM

Vince, would love to tag along with you for the drive out!

:cool::bowdown::cheers:

cruiseroutfit
10-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Well, thanks for joining us non exiting forlk for a week. Hopefully we can be as cool as E7....

Remind me to smack you for talking straight jibberish!

Rezarf
10-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Just got word today from my boss that I can't get the whole week off, gotta re-evaluate if I can make the time to come out for the first few days.

Perry I'll PM you.

Hulk
10-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Just got word today from my boss that I can't get the whole week off...

I'm just imagining this as a message straight from God the Father. Is that wrong? :D

"Drew, I have need of you here. Do not spend 40 days and 40 nights in the desert. However, 4 nights would be acceptable. Take plenty of water"

Inukshuk
10-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, thanks for joining us non exiting forlk for a week.

Is that like a spork?

VBRoamer
10-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Vince, would love to tag along with you for the drive out!

:cool::bowdown::cheers:

Good to hear. We can coordinate on Friday for Saturday get-together. Call or text me at six one two nine four zero eight nine six nine.

bh4rnnr
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Just got word today from my boss that I can't get the whole week off, gotta re-evaluate if I can make the time to come out for the first few days.

Perry I'll PM you.

Thanks for the heads up Drew! Hope to have you along for a portion of the run!

Is that like a spork?

It is for those who dont spell check!

Good to hear. We can coordinate on Friday for Saturday get-together. Call or text me at six one two nine four zero eight nine six nine.

Thanks again for the offer Vince!

Inukshuk
10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Perry - Can you update the first post.

Inukshuk
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I am sending out a confirming e-mail and asking for some contact information, as in years past. If you don't receive my e-mail, please e-mail or PM me.

Its great to see the entire crew returning from last year. Just shows how great this trip is! The Wild Bunch knows.

For your reading enjoyment: Sid's Mountain to Kofford's Cabin - http://www.ecprogress.com/index.php?tier=1&article_id=5278

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/natural_resources/nlcs/wilderness_study_areas.Par.69303.File.dat/Sids%20Mountain.pdf

Must See Photos: http://dewdean.home.comcast.net/~dewdean/bestofsanrafael/bestofsanrafael.htm (and looks like an amazing resource on the San Rafael Swell to read for places for us to drive and hike to)

wesintl
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Looks like I'm in thru wed

Inukshuk
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM

All: Meet up after work Monday for an hour downtown? That works for Perry, me and Matt. 6PM or so?

bh4rnnr
10-06-2012, 02:21 PM

:cool:.

Updated first post for current folks going.

Inukshuk
10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
IN:

Sean Boland
Perry Loughridge
Daniel Markofsky
Kurt Williams
Paul May?
Neil Q?
Wes Worek
Treeroot
Matt Farr
Vince Farace
Daniel Linn
Shawn Cardinal

Great!

VBRoamer
10-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Let me know what comes of the meeting. I still have time to adjust what I bring.

Heading out Tuesday a.m.

Inukshuk
10-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Unless Shawn and Daniel want to meet at their office (on Perry's block so 2 of 3 already there), I suggest tomorrow, Monday, my office at 6PM (1228 15th Street, second floor) so we can lay out the maps on a conference table. Beers available.

Hulk
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
I can't make it Monday night. Forgot about a big work dinner I have tomorrow night. Drat.

cruiseroutfit
10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Latest plans are looking like I'll arrive late Saturday night and stay through wednesday AM

dan1554
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Unless Shawn and Daniel want to meet at their office (on Perry's block so 2 of 3 already there), I suggest tomorrow, Monday, my office at 6PM (1228 15th Street, second floor) so we can lay out the maps on a conference table. Beers available.

I'm free for meeting. We've moved offices, so location is a toss-up. I'd be happy to meet at yours.

Rock Dog
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Can't make it due to knee surgery.. (if only it would have been the left knee)
this will be an EPIC trip, and i am so bummed to miss it :-( ...
Been looking foward to it since Cruiserfest.... Have an awsome time everyone!

bh4rnnr
10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Latest plans are looking like I'll arrive late Saturday night and stay through wednesday AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Can't make it due to knee surgery.. (if only it would have been the left knee)
this will be an EPIC trip, and i am so bummed to miss it :-( ...
Been looking foward to it since Cruiserfest.... Have an awsome time everyone!

Bummer man! We shall do some baja'ing in your honor!

Old40Dog
10-09-2012, 07:12 AM
IN:

Sean Boland
Perry Loughridge
Daniel Markofsky
Kurt Williams
Paul May?
Wes Worek
Treeroot
Matt Farr
Vince Farace
Daniel Linn
Shawn Cardinal

Perry, you can add me to the list too. Sorry I missed the meeting last night. The last week' been pretty crazy.

For food, I'll bring enough Chirizo Breakfast Burritos for one morning and a "Special" Dinner for one night. Let me know if I need to bring more.

Inukshuk
10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Perry, you can add me to the list too. Sorry I missed the meeting last night. The last week' been pretty crazy.

For food, I'll bring enough Chirizo Breakfast Burritos for one morning and a "Special" Dinner for one night. Let me know if I need to bring more.

Can I place an order for 7 burritos! :thumb:

Perry, Daniel and I went over maps last night and did some fine tuning of plans.

First camp will be at the San Rafael Recreation Site (Google Map, near 39.080066,-110.663268. That allows easy meeting of all arrivals who don't meet in Green River. After that we may move closer to the Sid's Mtn side. We laid out some epic tours and two hikes.

To avoid using up half a day to get more supplies in town (fuel, water, etc.) Be sure to bring plenty. However, also take comfort knowing that each camp is about one hour from a town.

We will see most everything on this page and more: http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/recreation/NofI70.html

bh4rnnr
10-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Can I place an order for 7 burritos! :thumb:

Perry, Daniel and I went over maps last night and did some fine tuning of plans.

First camp will be at the San Rafael Recreation Site (Google Map, near 39.080066,-110.663268. That allows easy meeting of all arrivals who don't meet in Green River. After that we may move closer to the Sid's Mtn side. We laid out some epic tours and two hikes.

To avoid using up half a day to get more supplies in town (fuel, water, etc.) Be sure to bring plenty. However, also take comfort knowing that each camp is about one hour from a town.

We will see most everything on this page and more: http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/recreation/NofI70.html

Actualy first nights camp, though close to that site, will be along the Mexican Mountain Road, along the rive. Just a bit east. All partys driving in should no where to turn. But whatever.

Inukshuk
10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
no where to turn

Camping in the PerryZone

bh4rnnr
10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Gang,

looks like i'm out for this years run:(.

Hope you guys have a grand time and loook forward to the report.

Dave, your in.

Vince, I gues you dont have to worry about picking me up at o dark 30 on Sat.

Inukshuk
10-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Gang,

looks like I'm out for this years run :(.

:confused: :( Um?

VBRoamer
10-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Sorry to hear that, Perry. Let me know if your situation changes.

(still in KS...)

Hulk
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Gang,

Dude! What happened? :confused:

wesintl
10-11-2012, 02:42 PM
where will we go..

Inukshuk
10-11-2012, 06:36 PM
To the Swell! The Outlaws will ride. The plan is intact.

Some people want to meet up a bit later in the day Saturday. Matt Farr (GABF! :beer:) and Daniel Linn for example. I may also leave Saturday AM instead of Friday night. So, lets all keep in contact (I e-mailed a list out today that has phone numbers) and the catch-all plan is that you drive in Buckhorn Draw Road (good graded county road 322) from I-70 exit 131 and head towards 39.080066,-110.663268 where you will easily find the group nearby (farther up Mexican Mountain Road, camped down by cottonwoods along the river), visually or by calling out on 146.460.

Please do make sure someone else knows your plan so we don't lose anyone.

Also, please bring some firewood (that's Wood in a Box to Dave)

wesintl
10-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I won't be an outlaw run without pdog. It'll just be a swell run:o

cruiseroutfit
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaattt? Por qué no Perry?

Inukshuk
10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I won't be an outlaw run without pdog. It'll just be a swell run:o

:bowdown: :perry:

Gee, that's swell. :rant:

MDH33
10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Gang,

Hope you guys have a grand time and loook forward to the report.

Dave, your in.

Vince, I gues you dont have to worry about picking me up at o dark 30 on Sat.

Edit: never mind... Looks like Perry made the run after all.

CardinalFJ60
10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
looks we'll have some interesting weather tomorrow...

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294118/339/Winter-storm-brings-snow-to-the-mountains

wesintl
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
last I saw on the FB canyonlands page schafer trail is closed, now it's back open. Trails should be interesting

Inukshuk
10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Trails should be interesting

Yay!

VBRoamer
10-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Stopped at Glenwood Springs last night. Nasty rain west of Vail Pass. Looks clear here this morning, though. Ambling west in an hour or so. See y'all today. Safe travels.

Inukshuk
10-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Stopped at Glenwood Springs last night. Nasty rain west of Vail Pass. Looks clear here this morning, though. Ambling west in an hour or so. See y'all today. Safe travels.

Just now waking. Packed and ready to leave. Time to ride!

jonharis
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Ugh. Not working out for me afterall with work schedule. Enjoy guys!