PDA

View Full Version : Wind storm Damage

Art Volmer
02-24-2012, 05:52 PM
We had part of our large locust tree fall on Wednesday night and hit the house. Luckily no one was hurt now i am looking for a tree company to remove the downed section and cut down the other section that is still standing. Here are some pics.

nattybumppo
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Art, I'd be happy to help you with that when my hand heals, if you can wait and want to do it for no cost. I have a chainsaw and skills, but it will be mid March before my hand is up to it since I just had surgery...

Otherwise, try talking to a tree guy when you see them working in the neighborhood. Sometimes they can use the equipment for side jobs.

RockRunner
02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Art where do you live? Depending on the area I might be able to help you. Give me a call tomorrow morning and we can chat. Btw I have and do this every season the wind comes up.

3o3/829o7o3

Caribou Sandstorm
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Art we are around this weekend also, if there is anything we can do.

nakman
02-24-2012, 11:28 PM
do you have a winch? If so you can direct the fall pretty good on the still standing tree, I've pulled this off a few times myself. Another offer for a chain saw, if you need a hand.

powderpig
02-25-2012, 05:16 AM
I as well could help this morning or tomorrow. I just need to be home by 3pm. I will follow this thread to see what happens.

Beater
02-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Wish I could help - I am becoming a landlord today. The winch trick does work, as does come along.

remember to wear eye protection on trees.. please. Good luck and I am glad it didn't get more of the house.

Art Volmer
02-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks everyone we have a tree company who is going to do a core sample today or sunday to tell us how much rot is in the other half. The tree that is still standing is between 50 and 70 feet tall. It will have to come down in sections due to the location of the other houses and street around us.