PDA

View Full Version : My 22e to 3.4 swap right before CM12

RockRunner
02-26-2012, 12:59 PM
:eek:
So I got the 3.4 from Isaac and am going to put it into my 4Runner. I am not the best mechanic and really hate electrical work but have decided to take on this project anyway since I NEED more power :D

Matt came over Saturday to help me pull the motor, good thing he did because I needed a second set of hands on some of the stuff. Matt was ready to go and was all over the truck with no hesitation. Matt I really appreciate your help and will return it when you need some :bowdown:

The pics show the 22re being pulled and everything in between till it was hanging on the lift, thanks Randy :thumb:

RockRunner
02-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Pics of the empty bay and the motor hanging of the hoist. Also the Downey header that I had several calls on to sell just separately. Now the dun stuff starts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RockRunner
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Jumped right back in again today and started the tear down of the donor truck. There were some things I wanted to safe from the interior and then had to remove the dash so I could pull the harness. Learned a lot when I started to remove the dash, things that will come in handy when I replace my dash.

I had a little help :rolleyes: working on the truck today, to bad they don't have thumbs ;)

First pic shows an empty hoist :thumb: Guy came over this morning and loaded it in his wife's '92 4Runner with 298K on it. Still ran fine but was getting a little tired.

RockRunner
03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Spend last Saturday and Sunday working on the trailer and the 4Runner. Needed to put new brakes on the trailer so Steve Brady can take it safely to Moab for the pre-run.

I on the other hand got to play with a bunch of wiring :o Pulled the entire harness out of the donor truck and then the engine. We were able to push my 4Runner into the garage and then push the engine in there too so it is ready for the heart transplant.

Now it is up to the electrical guru to build me a new harness and me to get the engine mounted.

A couple of pics of the fun I had. :D

Rezarf
03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Lookin' good Tom, it will be awesome when complete man!

Red_Chili
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
You have to build a new harness? Can't use the existing? I woulda thought you could just adapt your body harness to the ECM and use everything else from the donor...?

RockRunner
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Lookin' good Tom, it will be awesome when complete man!

THanks, the extra power will be nice when driving in town.;)

RockRunner
03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
You have to build a new harness? Can't use the existing? I woulda thought you could just adapt your body harness to the ECM and use everything else from the donor...?

Not a "new" harness, but it needs a lot of stuff done to it. It looks like it was one of his first conversion, there are things that he did that he did not do in his newer harnesses. :(

RLMS
03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
looks like fun!!

RockRunner
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
looks like fun!!

Oh yeah, it would be if I knew what I was doing :rolleyes:

TIMZTOY
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
nice...

FJCDan
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Nice project to start just before cruise moab. Looking good.

girraffe
03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah, it would be if I knew what I was doing :rolleyes:

It was fun helping out. If you need any more help I'm just a phone call away!

Matt

RockRunner
03-06-2012, 09:40 PM
It was fun helping out. If you need any more help I'm just a phone call away!

Matt

I am sure I will need your expertise again :bowdown:. I will call you or pm you when I get ready to mount the engine and stuff.

girraffe
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I am sure I will need your expertise again :bowdown:. I will call you or pm you when I get ready to mount the engine and stuff.

For sure man. I'll be there.