PDA

View Full Version : Just got Back from Moab

Romer
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Sarah and I went to Moab this weekend based on her Spring Break schedule. Rachel had something come up and couldnt make it

It was nice with no other vehicles on the trails. Plenty of Mtn bikes and a few hikers

We did Gold Bar Rim, Finsn Things, Porcupine Rim and went into the Arches park (Hadnt done that before) and took their 4-wheel drive trail to Klondike Bluffs

Weather was great. There was plenty of snow on Porcupine on the first part that doesnt get a lot of sun. It was passable

corsair23
03-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Nice pics Ken :thumb:

You 100 almost looks small next to Sarah's 80 :D

Caribou Sandstorm
03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Nice pics and looks like a good time.

Corbet
03-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Happy to hear you had a good safe trip. Now to wait another 63 hours until I arrive at BFE. But who's counting:D

How was the 4x4 road in Arches? Which direction did you drive it? When I rolled down (north to south) in Early Feb there was basically no snow on it. Just the north face right after leaving Salt Valley Rd.

Romer
03-13-2012, 08:04 AM
It was actually a lot of fun, not difficult though. We went in the park and took the trail north to Klondike Bluffs and the arch there and then took the trail to Salt Flats Road back into other attractions and stopped at the Sand Dune Arch off the paved road on the way back.

Woodsman
03-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Looks like a good time.

More pics please. :D

Rezarf
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Whats that last obstacle in the pics? Looks like quite a climb! Good on you for getting out there with your kids Romer, I really respect that.

smslavin
03-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Looks like a good time.

More pics please. :D

x2 on both sentiments :thumb:

FJBRADY
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Whats that last obstacle in the pics? Looks like quite a climb! Good on you for getting out there with your kids Romer, I really respect that.

Fin's N Things, I think.....from that angle it looks like a monster even UB would hesitate driving.:eek:

wesintl
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
hundy's lookin sharp :)

Romer
03-13-2012, 11:51 AM

Fin's N Things, I think.....from that angle it looks like a monster even UB would hesitate driving.:eek:

Brady is correct. Some people drive right by this without knowing its part of the trail. If you keep going straight you bypass it. It's on the first half of Fins

I can post more pics when I am home later