PDA

View Full Version : My baby got a makeover

Big-J
03-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I have been posting up with questions for a while gradually getting my '99 4Runner in tip top shape, and I have finally done that mechanically. It's running like a champ at 100 miles short of 200k. Part of all that was suspension, and slapped on the Old Man Emu lift (medium duty), I can't be anymore excited. I have to give a big thanks and :thumb: to Tommy The Cat for installing it for me! He gave me a good deal, and I would trust him to work on my vehicle again. Very knowledgeable and a nice guy! :beer2:
I didn't go crazy with accessories, in fact, I don't have any unless you count the OME lift an accessory? The very little I did made a huge difference in looks and functionality. First I swapped wheels, scored me some factory rims for the ugly aftermarket wheels that it came with. Finally took off the running boards(want sliders now). Then got my lift installed....pics are in that order.

MDH33
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Looks great. That's my favorite generation and color for the 4Runner. :thumb:

subzali
03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Nice! OEM wheels are mucho more better! :thumb:

What size tires did you go with?

Big-J
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Nice! OEM wheels are mucho more better! :thumb:

What size tires did you go with?

Tires are 235/85. They used to rub with the other wheels, when I put the originals on it stopped. :thumb:
Tires are awesome BTW, best set I have ever had.

Yes, OEM wheels are much better, and the best part is I got them cheap!

Tommy the Cat
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
It was an honor. Thank you for the kind words and the work. You funded my drag racing habit and the sooner I have that going the sooner I get started on the 40. So by default you funded the 40!

Hit me up again when you're ready for a locker install.....it's coming....

subzali
03-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey Tommy, if that's your 40 in your avatar it looks like you need to switch bezels and bibs with Marco...

Tommy the Cat
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey Tommy, if that's your 40 in your avatar it looks like you need to switch bezels and bibs with Marco...

Yeah that's my girl. I'm not sure what you are seeing but all the body panels are original to the truck (she's been in the family since nearly new). I doubt Marco would want any body parts off of my truck. They're all pretty rusted, as Big-J can attest.

Speaking of Big-J, sorry about the thread ambush! Carry on, sir.