PDA

View Full Version : Anybody traveling through Durango and GJ?

Trapper50cal
04-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey guys (mods: if this needs to be in a different section please move and sorry)

I'm in the process of buying an 87 FJ60 from Mike Goodnight in GJ, he's been going over it to make sure it's good to go and it looks like the time has arrived to go up there and get it. I have a thread in BookCliff's Clubhouse on Mud but I thought I would cast the net a little wider...

Anyone going through Durango to Grand Junction the next couple of days?
I'd like to hitch a ride...I'd obviously augment gas expenditure and set you up with some Steamworks beer for the trouble.

PM me here or on Mud, if you think we could work something out.

Thanks

JT

Hulk
04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
No, but I want to see photos. :)

Trapper50cal
04-06-2012, 11:47 PM
No, but I want to see photos. :)

Will do, Matt...

I will post pics just as soon as I get my hands on it, don't want to jinx it

Trapper50cal
04-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Okay, Intro/build thread up on mud and it is in my possession...so I don't need a ride anymore.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/584994-allow-me-introduce-chunk-my-60-build-thread.html

Hulk
04-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Cool thread and a great looking truck.

You're going to rattle can the whole thing? Why not paint it the OEM color that the rear 2/3 of the truck came in? That's a nice color.

Trapper50cal
04-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Cool thread and a great looking truck.

You're going to rattle can the whole thing? Why not paint it the OEM color that the rear 2/3 of the truck came in? That's a nice color.

4E8 is a 2 stage with a base coat and a pearl clear, and there is no part of the truck that has paint that is ready to go save the jams. It's actually pretty toast and the body has little dings and imperfections everywhere. To go to factory color would be quite expense in body work and paint. OD Green will serve my hunting purposes better and hide more on the truck. It's the only flat color that I thought wouldn't clash with a gray interior.