PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 45 lwb

OilHammer
04-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Took the 45 out for it's annual wash and drive this weekend. Drove it around the park. What a beautiful day. Anyway, bunch of you have never seen it, and since it will never make it to a club meeting, figured I would post a linky for your classic truck enjoyment. Some day it needs to get over to Gary's for some lift action so I can put new suspension on it. Psst..hey Gary...:beer:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75964622@N06/

bomber22
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
that there is one good looking rig!:beer:

OilHammer
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks! I really need to build a shed to get yard equipment out of the garage. Then I can have some room to pull the top off this thing again. Nothing quite like driving a topless cruiser and I haven't gotten to do that on this truck for 10 years. Doh!

SteveH
04-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Great looking truck, and nice photos. Reminds me of my '65 (sold a few years back).

rover67
04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Sha... Wing!!!!!!

wesintl
04-09-2012, 02:21 PM
:drool: ugh

subzali
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM

What he said.

MountainGoat
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM

What he said.

What they said. That is a beauty Barry! I have a birthday coming up ... in about 10 months. :D

simps80
04-09-2012, 02:49 PM
hot darn that's just about my favorite of 'em all

Jacket
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Very nice. Why not bring it to a meeting?

corsair23
04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Very nice. Why not bring it to a meeting?

I imagine (A) risk of getting into an accident and (B) it would take hours for Barry to clean all the fingerprints, lip prints, and :drool: off afterwards :hill:

OilHammer
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
It's time of day and distance mostly. Driving out 6th in rush hour is not very appealing to me, and then that same drive back at night. I actually wanted to put it in the dealer's showroom next to their red 40, but they weren't interested. Why advertise all of Toyota's products they no longer offer I guess....

I did have it out at the rally 2 years ago though. I need to bring it to some wrenching sessions on Saturdays just to keep it exercised.

smslavin
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7103/7023980957_09f1571a36.jpg

wow. just wow. that's beautiful.

Woodsman
04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks! I really need to build a shed to get yard equipment out of the garage. Then I can have some room to pull the top off this thing again. Nothing quite like driving a topless cruiser and I haven't gotten to do that on this truck for 10 years. Doh!

Great looking 45 Barry. I tell you what . . . I'll save you the trouble of cleaning out the garage. How about I just trade you a custom kitchen cabinet job for that ? :D

:cheers:

coloradobound
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
have to post my brothers 45 goodness.

MDH33
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
That's a nice looking 45. Is this the one you have been talking about selling?

Is that your castle in the background too?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7206/6877879374_cfcafc36a0_z.jpg

OilHammer
04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7103/7023980957_09f1571a36.jpg

wow. just wow. that's beautiful.

Thanks! Hey, maybe you can tell me how to photograph it! I have the hardest time with that color and the direct sun. I'm guessing I'm overexposing it because the light meter is freaking out. Maybe two stops down? The only "good" photos I've been able to get have been in partly cloudy or late in the day shots. I would love to get it up to Red Rocks and do a shoot with that contrast and some sunrise/set action.

OilHammer
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
That's a nice looking 45. Is this the one you have been talking about selling?

Is that your castle in the background too?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7206/6877879374_cfcafc36a0_z.jpg

Not my estate....and that's "just" an outbuilding. The main house is enormous. If you are familiar with the tobacco empire, this house belonged to RJR's right hand man. They have some pretty huge classic car shows on the grounds, so I have a good bit of shots from there. The pic in my avatar is actually RJR's front lawn....until security ran me off. :)

And your other question, yes, this is the one I'm planning to sell. I put all the pics up on flickr for TLC to look at. Still mulling Jonathan's offer over. I think it's completely fair, but I also had a good time driving it around this weekend, and that always makes me start to reconsider selling it at all. Sigh....gotta finish the restoration though, and at least get it in a few photo shoots and shows before it goes.

OilHammer
04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
have to post my brothers 45 goodness.

Yep, love those. All these "expedition" style trips out here have gotten me to think about trading both of my current rides in for something like this. RHD is kind of a deal killer for me though....the Saudi spec one's are nearly impossible to find though. Best part, is when you take the top off it's pretty much just like the pickup! :beer:

And for the record, before the restoration, this was my home depot project runner. I should have snapped photos of it with huge rolls of insulation and plywood in the back. My wife called it Sandford and Son's truck....

coloradobound
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Yep, love those. All these "expedition" style trips out here have gotten me to think about trading both of my current rides in for something like this. RHD is kind of a deal killer for me though....the Saudi spec one's are nearly impossible to find though. Best part, is when you take the top off it's pretty much just like the pickup! :beer:

And for the record, before the restoration, this was my home depot project runner. I should have snapped photos of it with huge rolls of insulation and plywood in the back. My wife called it Sandford and Son's truck....

Yup. This one is Australian in origin. 2 year + frame off. And its propane and gasoline. Its beautiful. But up for sale here soon.:eek:

smslavin
04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks! Hey, maybe you can tell me how to photograph it! I have the hardest time with that color and the direct sun. I'm guessing I'm overexposing it because the light meter is freaking out. Maybe two stops down? The only "good" photos I've been able to get have been in partly cloudy or late in the day shots.

Be happy to help you.

Do not let the camera make the decision for you. Full manual or aperture priority.

If you under expose it, it'll go gray. Not exactly what you want. Is it more cream than white? You'll probably want to treat like snow and over expose a little.

You can try a couple of things. One, if you've got it out in the open, expose for the blue sky. Just about everything else will fall into place. Two, the back of your hand, in most conditions, will be very close to 18% gray. Put your hand in the same place as the truck and meter off of that. My preference is normally for the blue sky.

I would love to get it up to Red Rocks and do a shoot with that contrast and some sunrise/set action.

Oh, I'd love to tag along for that. That'd be a great excuse to break out the "big" lights and the battery pack...

PhatFJ
04-09-2012, 09:11 PM
REALLY NICE RIG!!! Good job!! :thumb:

066wally
04-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Do I get to come see it if I can name the park? That's my old stomping grounds, mom still lives over there. I'm not far away.

RockRunner
04-10-2012, 09:56 AM
wow nice rig but why not drive it to a meeting? A shame to let it sit.

Woodsman
04-12-2012, 06:51 AM
wow nice rig but why not drive it to a meeting? A shame to let it sit.

Darn straight. It looks great but there's no reason to let it sit idle. Enjoy it while you can and take care of it so it's in good shape for me. :hill:

OilHammer
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Things sit when life gets in the way.
Finished putting it together, then found a job in CO.
Commuted between CO and NC for 6 mos.
Moved it to CO rental house, but storage was a tandem garage with tons of stuff in the way
Moved it to new house, same issue.
Throw in some winters, foster kids, and there you have it.
Love the truck, but the truth is that it has essentially sat for 10 years.
I need to look up the miles on the title....bet it's less than 500 miles in 10 years.

Woodsman
04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I have a 66 Chrysler 300 convertible and a 62 Ford Thunderbird with that same problem. Really need to get the convertible out and make it "get gone" and either rat rod the T-Bird or send it on its way as well. Been taking too much space for far too long.