PDA

View Full Version : 3.4 vacuum line guru

RockRunner
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Anybody out there know their way around the vacuum lines on a 3.4 motor? Hopefully I will have mine in by this weekend so I can install the wiring harness and hook up all the vacuum lines. I hope to get it down to Randy's place this weekend.

Any help is appreciated. Need to find the manual for it and get the diagram. If you can help me out I would be indebted to you :thumb::beer:

Uncle Ben
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Very simple layout! I just Googled it too and there is many sources on the net. If you still are in need ask again and I'll scan the info for you.

RockRunner
04-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Very simple layout! I just Googled it too and there is many sources on the net. If you still are in need ask again and I'll scan the info for you.

Thanks UB, I have a book coming that shows all the lines etc, but I will also nee some info or parts, like the ignitor. Will be buying some rubber lines and other little parts.

UB will give you a call if I get lost and I am sure I will:o

Red_Chili
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
I have the entire service manual on disk. Got it via Google. Worth the effort.

RockRunner
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I will do a search online tonight. Was it a pay site or free? Just need to get it soon so I can get it up and running.......can't wait.

SteveH
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
The underhood stickers for some Toyotas are $8 or less, so if you want a permanent reference, order the underhood 3.4l vacuum diagram sticker for a '98ish 4Runner and stick it under the hood of your transplant vehicle. I just bought both 22RE stickers and put them on my junkyard hood, which had 3.0l v6 stickers. I hope some service dude down the road thanks me.

RockRunner
04-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the info Steve I will call and order one.

Red_Chili
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I will do a search online tonight. Was it a pay site or free? Just need to get it soon so I can get it up and running.......can't wait.
free