PDA

View Full Version : Any takers for Kelly Flats, Crystal Mountain, Moody Hill once open?

STRRAYNGE
04-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Im new to the forums, and Colorado, and currently live up in Wellington. Just trying to meet new folks and try to get a run together for up this way when the trails finally open. If anyone has any interest in running any of the trails above, or maybe some others, please let me know. Im hoping to find a few that have ran these trails before to sort of be a lead. I look forward to meeting some of you guys. Thanks!

STRRAYNGE
04-17-2012, 07:07 AM
No takers, maybe even go run Seven Mile? Im sure there are some folks up here towards Fort Collins?

Jacket
04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Those trails are a ton of fun; I'm sure there would be takers and it is worth the drive to play in the quarry and the playground on Crystal Mtn. When the gates are open and you are ready to wheel, post up a date and details in this section.

I don't want to speak for everyone else, but April tends to be quiet around here for Colorado trail time because many are getting ready for Cruise Moab.

Uncle Ben
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Traditionally the gates open up there for Memorial Day weekend. They will not open if there is too much mud or snow until resource damage is minimized. That's always a great area to spend a weekend!

STRRAYNGE
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Those trails are a ton of fun; I'm sure there would be takers and it is worth the drive to play in the quarry and the playground on Crystal Mtn. When the gates are open and you are ready to wheel, post up a date and details in this section.

I don't want to speak for everyone else, but April tends to be quiet around here for Colorado trail time because many are getting ready for Cruise Moab.
I appreciate your input. I recently moved up here from Texas, so im new to everything. I was hearing that they normally open around mid May, pending weather conditions. I ran Seven Mile on Saturday, and it was great, but of course right as I was leaving the trail, they got dumped on with snow. So who knows. Thanks again for the input!

Traditionally the gates open up there for Memorial Day weekend. They will not open if there is too much mud or snow until resource damage is minimized. That's always a great area to spend a weekend!
Thanks for the info. Yeah, ive been hearing alot of people doing Memorial Day runs up there, so mainly im just trying to get a feeler for if anyone might want to set up a run. I have only run Seven Mile, so id rather go with a group that has run some of these trails before. Thanks again!

Uncle Ben
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I appreciate your input. I recently moved up here from Texas, so im new to everything. I was hearing that they normally open around mid May, pending weather conditions. I ran Seven Mile on Saturday, and it was great, but of course right as I was leaving the trail, they got dumped on with snow. So who knows. Thanks again for the input!

Thanks for the info. Yeah, ive been hearing alot of people doing Memorial Day runs up there, so mainly im just trying to get a feeler for if anyone might want to set up a run. I have only run Seven Mile, so id rather go with a group that has run some of these trails before. Thanks again!

As many dirt bikers that we have in the club now that love to camp I would think you could get a fun multi-use crown gathered up! Don't forget to plan in an evening at Mishawaka (http://themishawaka.com/)! I would avoid Memorial day weekend up there however as it's packed with two legged critters everywhere!

STRRAYNGE
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
As many dirt bikers that we have in the club now that love to camp I would think you could get a fun multi-use crown gathered up! Don't forget to plan in an evening at Mishawaka (http://themishawaka.com/)! I would avoid Memorial day weekend up there however as it's packed with two legged critters everywhere!

Yeah, that would be fun! Once again, I appreciate all the info. You do have a point though with Memorial Day weekend, it will be packed! Maybe we can get something going sometime there after. My wife loves to wheel as well, we take her ZJ along all the time. My daughters love it too!

Rezarf
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
If you are that far north, you might ping our friends at Horse Tooth Land Cruisers, they are a Ft. Collins based crew.

Welcome man! :D

STRRAYNGE
04-17-2012, 07:12 PM
If you are that far north, you might ping our friends at Horse Tooth Land Cruisers, they are a Ft. Collins based crew.

Welcome man! :D
Hey man!! I appreciate that! Ill give it a shot and see what happens.

Inukshuk
04-17-2012, 08:30 PM

Yup. But afterwards, plan it and they will come.

kbahus
04-21-2012, 08:20 AM
I am up in Fort Collins and always game if my schedule permits. There is the local Horsetooth 4-wheelers club that you can find on ih8mud.com.

STRRAYNGE
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I am up in Fort Collins and always game if my schedule permits. There is the local Horsetooth 4-wheelers club that you can find on ih8mud.com.

Sounds good! Give me a shout sometime and we can try to get something going!

STRRAYNGE
05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
well, kelly flats is open now, but 14 is now closed due to the fire. I know there is a back way though!

coloradobound
05-18-2012, 11:13 PM
well, kelly flats is open now, but 14 is now closed due to the fire. I know there is a back way though!

Across stove prairie and that's the point it is open to get up to kelly flats.

STRRAYNGE
05-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Across stove prairie and that's the point it is open to get up to kelly flats.

Yup! Thats the way I was going to go, just didnt know exactly where they had 14 shut down.

coloradobound
05-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Heres the map. Should be the best showing closures.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207140017207667697944.0004c0046d756f9d20013&start=0&num=200&t=m&ll=40.697299,-105.208511&spn=0.234266,0.479965&z=11&source=embed