PDA

View Full Version : WTB: OEM 16" 100 Series Wheels

jonharis
04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Hello-
This is a cross post from Mud.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/tires-wheels/583319-2-3-16-100-series-wheels-preferably-center-caps-lugnuts.html

I am in need of a set of 2,3, or even 4 100 series 16" wheels in just about any condition. I need them for a trailer project that I have. I would greatly prefer if they included Lug Nuts and center caps would be nice. Nothing available out west here so hopefully PU in Denver or all points in between is an option.

This is the style I am looking for. Thanks. Also, I'm not in enough of a hurry to pay top dollar for them so if you are looking so sell a set at a fair price I'm interested.

Caribou Sandstorm
04-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I paid 350 for 5, no lug nuts or center caps.

I have a set of chrome finish and more of the Mat finish.

Thinking of going back to 255/85s anyway. Do you need tires with these? I have pretty new Maxxis Bighorns on the Mat finish. I could sell you the tires and wheels if interested. I would probably keep the chrome's and throw the 255s on those.

farnhamstj
04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
John, How soon do you want a set? I have "new" ones in my attic I'm waiting until the next set of tires to install. If you can wait until September. I have 2 for say $30 each? Ridden hard and put way wet.

jonharis
04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
I paid 350 for 5, no lug nuts or center caps.

I have a set of chrome finish and more of the Mat finish.

Thinking of going back to 255/85s anyway. Do you need tires with these? I have pretty new Maxxis Bighorns on the Mat finish. I could sell you the tires and wheels if interested. I would probably keep the chrome's and throw the 255s on those.

I'm looking for the matte finish ones but I guess it doesn't really matter. I will be painting or powder-coating them black. No tires unless they are 285/75R16 or 315/75R16 BFG AT or MTs.

Jon, How soon do you want a set? I have "new" ones in my attic I'm waiting until the next set of tires to install. If you can wait until September. I have 2 for say $30 each? Ridden hard and put way wet.

Cool. I will know more tonight. I am meeting with the trailer manufacturer. At $30ea I'd probably be willing to wait unless something comes up sooner. It seems like $60-$75 is the going rate for wheels in good condition.

TIMZTOY
04-13-2012, 08:08 PM
seriouslly... piss on toyota ??
on a toyota sight..:eek:

farnhamstj
04-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Peeing is just a way of marking your territory. Jon is a great guy. What are your plans to fit 5 on 150mm on a trailer in the U.S.? It is not a common size here. In other parts of the world with adventure trailers sure. I thought about wheel adaptors but at $150 or more?? If you locate a trailer axle that will work, let me know.

Caribou Sandstorm
04-15-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm looking for the matte finish ones but I guess it doesn't really matter. I will be painting or powder-coating them black. No tires unless they are 285/75R16 or 315/75R16 BFG AT or MTs.

Cool. I will know more tonight. I am meeting with the trailer manufacturer. At $30ea I'd probably be willing to wait unless something comes up sooner. It seems like $60-$75 is the going rate for wheels in good condition.

They are Mat finish and my tires are Maxxis bighorn MTs.

jonharis
04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I slowed down my search because the trailer maker was having a hard time finding the hubs but now has sourced them and is willing to do them at the same cost of the 4 bolt hubs.

seriouslly... piss on toyota ??
on a toyota sight..:eek:

It's site.

Peeing is just a way of marking your territory. Jon is a great guy. What are your plans to fit 5 on 150mm on a trailer in the U.S.? It is not a common size here. In other parts of the world with adventure trailers sure. I thought about wheel adaptors but at $150 or more?? If you locate a trailer axle that will work, let me know.

Thanks Farnham, I am still entertaining your offer but would prefer wheels in better condition (but I am cheap and don't want to spend $75/each on a set). If I don't find any by this I will take you up on it. I do have a trailer axle that will work available but it is sourced from Au. I can probably ad them on to the orders that the trailer guy makes to save on shipping. I'll get some more details and post them up somewhere. The cat will be out of the bag very soon about the trailer.

They are Mat finish and my tires are Maxxis bighorn MTs.

It's Matte :D

I snoosed and I loosed. Thanks for the offer though Chris

Still Looking. Tim, do you have a set you want to sell? :D

nakman
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey Jon, I bet we could work out a deal.. I'm interested in your axle solution as well, as it's been a little tough to find a 5x150 bolt pattern, with our big studs on it. I'm sure we'll run into each other a few times this summer, let's talk in Moab?