PDA

View Full Version : P0305 Code

LETSROLL
04-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Anyone have any experience with this code? I believe it's a misfire on the #5 cylinder.

I've been having rough start/hesitation issues for a few months now. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap/rotor, air intake hose, etc., and even ran a can of BG44 through the gas tank.

This code popped for the first time today. I'm thinking fuel injector?

Thanks John

farnhamstj
04-15-2012, 08:47 AM
What kind of engine? I had P0306 earlier in the week. Misfire in 6. 1 ignition coil later, fixed.

LETSROLL
04-16-2012, 12:35 AM
My bad. Its on my 1996 FZJ80

What kind of engine? I had P0306 earlier in the week. Misfire in 6. 1 ignition coil later, fixed.

Colorado80
04-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Checked the injector resistance? I am trying to track down my P0301 right now as well.

powderpig
04-17-2012, 07:53 AM
So Injector failure is fairly rare on the 80, but does happen. You can take a stethoscope with long sound pick up and listen. It really is hard to get one of the noid's into most of the injector areas to see if the electrical impluse is working from the computer.

Did the BG 44 doing anything? If so, then I would guess a injector. Have you looked over your wiring harness to see if you have any wear spots as well.

Most of my misfires have been either the spark plug wires, spark plugs them selfs, or the install(biggest %) where the spark plug wire is not seated fully on either the spark plugs or in the cap.
You said you stated this was happening before you changed the wires, cap and rotor. Did you happen to check out the distributor as well. Is the rotor turning fully with out wobble? Have you check out the Coil, stranger things have happened where the coil is not functioning fully and creating a misfire on only one cylinder. Just some long shots, then last but not least, is the computer not working properly and since this is a sequencial fire engine, instead of batch fire. The computer could be not giving the proper voltage.
If you have a FSM, follow the procedures in it to determine what the problem is. I can loan you a manual if you need one.

MountainGoat
04-17-2012, 12:00 PM
For another data point, my P0301 was resolved by a valve adjustment. This was on my 95 FZJ80 at approximately 230K miles.