PDA

View Full Version : bicycle shock pump and roofrack parts - WTB

Inukshuk
04-20-2012, 07:30 PM
bicycle shock pump and roofrack parts - WTB

I need a shock pump

For roof parts I am looking for a fork clamp and a short rear wheel tray like below. I'd take a long tray instead.

Caribou Sandstorm
04-20-2012, 08:36 PM
if you don't buy one before Moab, you can borrow mine, i have tray and pump.

nakman
04-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah don't really want to part with it but I have all that stuff you can borrow, let me know I can bring it to Utah.

Corbet
04-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Daniel, if only you would have said something last month when you were here. I've got lots of roof rack crap laying around. I probably have what you need there. I'll look this weekend. And what kind of shock pump?

Inukshuk
04-21-2012, 12:13 AM
The pumps are supposedly generic high pressure. Its a fox air shock. Schrader valve.

Appreciate the loan offers but I want to own it. Just figured I'd ask around before I buy new.

I'm probably not bringing the bike to Cruise Moab - so later is fine. Its too much to think about biking with everything else going on, but my receiver rack won't work with full suspension bikes so I thought I'd start to figure a way to mount to the Gobi Rack. If I attach to the lower bars/expanded metal deck, and stay below the upper bars, the parts will be out of the wind and still fit in my garage. I may also modify my receiver rack to accept a tray and put the wheel/fork mounts on that.

DaveInDenver
04-21-2012, 05:59 AM
I think I still have a couple of extra wheel forks.

I still have a couple of the long, old-style Yak trays, too. You know that the Yakima wheel block that you are showing is from probably the 1980s or maybe the very early 1990s and does not work with disc brakes when you use a full length tray. Just FYI.

Inukshuk
04-21-2012, 07:17 AM
I think I still have a couple of extra wheel forks.

I still have a couple of the long, old-style Yak trays, too. You know that the Yakima wheel block that you are showing is from probably the 1980s or maybe the very early 1990s and does not work with disc brakes when you use a full length tray. Just FYI.

Thanks. Precisely why I did not buy those parts (and why there are many on craigslist)

Would your old trays work with disc brakes?

Corbet
04-21-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm guessing if you cut the tray down and just use the front fork mount it will clear discs? I've never tried as none of my disc bikes have small axles;)

But I bet I have a few of those in my tub of misc Yakima crap.

I do not have an extra shock pump with a schrader valve. Only an extra old school RockShox needle valve type. (Mag21)

Inukshuk
04-21-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm guessing if you cut the tray down and just use the front fork mount it will clear discs?

But I bet I have a few of those in my tub of misc Yakima crap.

:thumb: We can trade bits for beers (and $$) at CM!

DaveInDenver
04-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I do have two Yakima wheel forks.

I also have two of the old style Yakima mounts with full length trays.

I'll take a look, but I think the only way to use the original Yak wheel blocks with disc brakes is to run the bar side forward and the skewer back or up and a short tray. The way the tray slides on the block conflicts with the caliper IIRC. So you'd end up cutting away so much that the underside carriage bolt groove would no longer give you any anti-twist advantage.

bigcity25
04-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I have a shock pump and long trays that I need to part with. I can send you some pics and we can talk if needed.

Inukshuk
04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
I do have two Yakima wheel forks.

I also have two of the old style Yakima mounts with full length trays.

I'll take a look, but I think the only way to use the original Yak wheel blocks with disc brakes is to run the bar side forward and the skewer back or up and a short tray. The way the tray slides on the block conflicts with the caliper IIRC. So you'd end up cutting away so much that the underside carriage bolt groove would no longer give you any anti-twist advantage.

Thanks. I'm not sure what the "tray slides" or "wheel blocks" are but I do understand the concept of caliper/fork mount interference and last of torsional rigidity being a dealbreaker.

Wheel forks are much less important because i'd have to take them on and off and most of the time I'd just toss the wheel in the truck. The tray and fork clamps should be able to sit low enough to still allow me to pull into my garage

I have a shock pump and long trays that I need to part with. I can send you some pics and we can talk if needed.

Sure! Please do.

bigcity25
04-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Gonna be at the firehouse Monday so it will have to be on Tuesday.

Beater
04-23-2012, 06:01 AM
you can borrow anything of mine. I have a 3 bike trailer hitch, as well as a thule basket, as well as some generic stuff. stop any day but wednesday.

Inukshuk
04-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Gonna be at the firehouse Monday so it will have to be on Tuesday.

No rush at all. Even after Cruise Moab is fine. Which firehouse?

you can borrow anything of mine. I have a 3 bike trailer hitch, as well as a thule basket, as well as some generic stuff. stop any day but wednesday.

Appreciate the loan offer. I'm looking to buy. I figured I'd try here first before I go to Arapahoe Cyclery. What's a Thule Basket? I'll stop by sometime anyway, but not till after CM.

I am also considering - with one of the great welders on this forum - a tray to replace the upright arm on my swing out Yakima receiver rack to be able to carry bikes there on their wheels.

This can all wait until after Cruise Moab but if something works out this week that's fine too. Thanks!

bigcity25
04-23-2012, 07:46 PM
No rush at all. Even after Cruise Moab is fine. Which firehouse?

Appreciate the loan offer. I'm looking to buy. I figured I'd try here first before I go to Arapahoe Cyclery. What's a Thule Basket? I'll stop by sometime anyway, but not till after CM.

I am also considering - with one of the great welders on this forum - a tray to replace the upright arm on my swing out Yakima receiver rack to be able to carry bikes there on their wheels.

This can all wait until after Cruise Moab but if something works out this week that's fine too. Thanks!

Station 11 @ 2nd and broadway

bigcity25
04-25-2012, 08:32 AM

Inukshuk
04-25-2012, 08:50 AM
pump looks good. I'm learning that those trays may or may not work with a disc brake front caliper.
PM sent

Beater
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
why aren't you using my hitch mount? I even have the cross bar attachment for y frames...

Inukshuk
04-25-2012, 09:17 PM
why aren't you using my hitch mount? I even have the cross bar attachment for y frames...

I'll be using this a lot so i want to have it handy in my garage or always on the roof. I will talk to you sometime about my idea to modify the hitch rack I have to carry bikes on their wheels.

Inukshuk
07-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I got the fork mount and wheel tray to work perfect with my Gobi rack. All parts are below the biggest part of the rack and will make minimal interference with rack loading and easy to remove.

nuclearlemon
07-22-2012, 07:02 PM
if you decide to go the other way, i've got two of the raptor mounts for cheap.

Inukshuk
07-23-2012, 12:09 AM
if you decide to go the other way, i've got two of the raptor mounts for cheap.

I have some interest in this. I was thinking to adapt a tray to my receiver rack and carrying bikes by the wheels is best.