PDA

View Full Version : FJ 40 leaf spring with a 4" lift

FJBRADY
04-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Need to source a single leaf spring with a 4" lift for a FJ40.....just discovered I have a broken passenger leaf spring.

Call me if you have one local to the Denver area.

seven 2 oh two 7 too four 9 zero nine

PhatFJ
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey buddy, check out Denver Spring. They might be able to help.. Worth a call..
http://denverspringandsuspension.com/repair.htm

FJBRADY
04-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks Brian! I have used Denver Spring and I would use them again. I will call them tomorrow but if I remember they take a week or more for a custom leaf add.

I just found a top leaf in my garage since I swpped out both fronts when I broke the front pass side. If the front pin position matches the rear pin position problemo solved.

Anyone know how tough it is to swap the main leaf?

PhatFJ
04-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks Brian! I have used Denver Spring and I would use them again. I will call them tomorrow but if I remember they take a week or more for a custom leaf add.

I just found a top leaf in my garage since I swpped out both fronts when I broke the front pass side. If the front pin position matches the rear pin position problemo solved.

Anyone know how tough it is to swap the main leaf?

Good to know!! I have not used them but have heard good things about them.. I have not pulled springs apart but can't imagine it is that difficult. The hardest thing on my 75 was getting the old bushings and bolts out of the hangers and springs due to rust and age.. Happy to lend a hand if you need one, let me know.. :thumb:

FJBRADY
04-22-2012, 04:27 PM
I removed the spring and it looks like the spare part I have will match up. The biggest problem I see is swaping over the bushings. I am going to run it by Denver spring tomorrow afternoon and see if they can disassmble/reassemble by the end of the week. If they can't I spoke to Redline and they have a used set I could pick up.

Good to know!! I have not used them but have heard good things about them.. I have not pulled springs apart but can't imagine it is that difficult. The hardest thing on my 75 was getting the old bushings and bolts out of the hangers and springs due to rust and age.. Happy to lend a hand if you need one, let me know.. :thumb:

SteveH
04-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I have a pair of MAF Safari 4" lift FJ40 REAR springs (with bushings, I think) that are nice. They are in Colo. Springs. If you want them (either now or for spares later), I'll make you an extremely good deal - like slightly above their recycle value ;-)

FJBRADY
04-23-2012, 05:35 AM
I'll take them!
I will be in the Springs today.
PM your phone number.

Thanks!