PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy high pressure fuel line

RockRunner
04-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Need to get a longer fuel line for the engine conversion. I need to run it from the frame up to the fuel rail.

Does anybody know of a place that makes custom fuel lines and maybe even some high pressure side steering lines???

Need this ASAP so I can run the motor...........I hope.:o

bgoodheart
04-22-2012, 09:54 PM
NAPA, at least for the PS lines. I think they'll make fuel lines as well.

RockRunner
04-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I tried them last year and they send me somewhere else. Do only certain onces do it?

bgoodheart
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
It's been a while since I've been, but I had several hoses made up there before. Those were all in AZ, so unfortunately I couldn't send you to the same store. Well, I could, but it would be a heck of a drive :)

RockRunner
04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I will call around tomorrow and see if they still do that.

rover67
04-22-2012, 10:32 PM
napa has struck out for me a lot in the past. I think they are apprehensive about making fuel or power steering lines.

Maybe find a used one from some other OEM application in a junk yard? Convert to -AN fittings and make your own?

RockRunner
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
napa has struck out for me a lot in the past. I think they are apprehensive about making fuel or power steering lines.

Maybe find a used one from some other OEM application in a junk yard? Convert to -AN fittings and make your own?

I guess I could do that but do the AN fittings fit the steering box and pump? I thought those were all standard. Can do the same with a fuel line? It is metal from the tank till it gets to the engine bay then goes to rubber. I would think I could run a rubber line from the frame rail to the fuel rail but what about the fitting? That seems to be the problem.

rover67
04-22-2012, 11:25 PM
there are adapter fittings available that take the standard metric stuff to -AN for power steering lines. same with the fuel lines.

Check Jeggs or Summit. not sure what you need.

I'd probably try to get a hose built with the parts you have though.

The Place in Boulder can make you the power steering hose for sure. They can probably help on the fuel line if not make it. Give them a buzz with the info on the fittings you need at each end of the hoses.

TIMZTOY
04-24-2012, 09:53 PM
take a stock one. and cut the steel part, extend it with steel and use a femal to femal adaptor.. all parts available at any parts store, and you can do it your self

RockRunner
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Got it done! Could not find any parts at Napa or places like that but was able to get it at Circle Track. We spend about 20 minutes trying to come up with the easiest and way of doing it using the least amount of fittings. Finally got it to line up right.

Thanks for the help guys!

rover67
04-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Sweet!!!! Getting closer!!!!

RockRunner
04-25-2012, 09:15 AM
One small step at a time.