PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance Brokers

DaveInDenver
04-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Anyone self employed (or otherwise buy their own) and work with a good broker? Could you forward their contact info?

Corbet
04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I buy my own but did not use a broker. I use Blue Cross Blue Shield and Aflac for the family.

drohweder
04-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Jim Sheridan is a great broker that has helped me and my family out. Think it's sheridaninsurance.com. A quick google of the name, insurance and Colorado will find him.

Good luck.

Woodsman
04-29-2012, 07:54 AM
I buy my own, just for myself, directly through BCBS. I can tell you it started at $130/month for $500 deductible and, after eight years, it is up to $300/month for $2500 deductible. I am in good health with little other than checkups in this time frame. If it keeps increasing at this rate, I will be paying about $10K/month in 2030 and will have increased my deductible to about a gazillion dollars just to keep the premiums from going any higher.

It has doubled just since talk of Obamacare began so you know the health insurers have already priced a lot of the hassle into our policies.

TonkaToy
04-29-2012, 08:45 AM
I am an agent, just don't do health insurance. I have a buddy I send everyone to and use myself. Jim Trestrail. 303 805 4465. He will work with you to get what works best in your scenario. I suggest going with high deductibles too. I may be able to help with anything else you need, insurance wise though. Good luck!