PDA

View Full Version : Caravaning to Moab

Rzeppa
04-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Couldn't find an existing thread for this for 2012, so here it is. I expect to be hitting I-70 at the El-Ranco exit Tuesday morning around 10-11 AM. Silver FJ60, ARB bull bar, stock rear bumper, no roof rack. CB channel 4, no ham except on my sandwich.

Stop for lunch and fuel in Glenwood around 1-2 and take 128 down to Moab, hit SRCG around 5PM or so. The 60 might be able to do a little faster than the old 40 on I-70, we'll see.

So who is headed out when?

MDH33
04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Jeff, a few of us are planning on meeting at El Rancho at 8am and then taking a leisurely pace to Utah. So, you might catch up to us, especially if I need an inordinate amount of fuel/coffee/pee stops. We'll be heading towards Green River/The Swell Tuesday night and then Moab Wednesday. If you can tear away earlier than 10, join us. :thumb:

Rzeppa
04-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Hey Jeff, a few of us are planning on meeting at El Rancho at 8am and then taking a leisurely pace to Utah. So, you might catch up to us, especially if I need an inordinate amount of fuel/coffee/pee stops. We'll be heading towards Green River/The Swell Tuesday night and then Moab Wednesday. If you can tear away earlier than 10, join us. :thumb:

Sounds good. No way am I making it to El Rancho by 8 though. I just got done wrenching (for 3 days straight, seems like 12 hours a day) and am just now getting into packing mode.

baja1d
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
We'll be heading out Wednesday night around 6 from Littleton. It'll be a late night but the best we could do. Green 80 pulling a small camper. I'll come up on channel 4 if I see anyone. Safe travels

FJBRADY
04-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Leaving the ranch Wednesday 8am. Blue Tundra trailering a white 40. Ham 146.460

corsair23
05-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Hoping to leave the ranch around 10am, fuel up, and hit the road...

No CB but I'll have the HT with me. Oh, and I'll be driving my in-law's dark gray 4Runner. 2004 I think, but not sure...It does have the V8 though so I might catch to some of you :hill:

FJBRADY
05-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Leaving the ranch Wednesday 8am. Blue Tundra trailering a white 40. Ham 146.460

Correction.....looks like I will be heading out tonight at 5ish. :thumb:

DougDad
05-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Heading up from Phoenix on Wednesday morning. Nobody from the 4X4 Ham club is going to Cruise Moab as far as I know. But if anyone is on the road from PHX to Moab (thru Flagstaff) on Wednesday keep an eye out for me. Leaving here at about 7am. Tan Tacoma with a vertically mounted Hi-lift jack.
Doug
K2ZZQ

DanS
05-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm leaving Idaho Springs at 8AM on Wednesday (the 2nd) in the 40. CB Ch.4 and 146.46. Watch out for me, the 40 actually had a fit while driving today and for some reason I have convinced myself means the head gasket is going bad--only because I didn't replace it when I freshened up the motor.

I have a spare HG on the way to Moab already though, but hoping I don't have to replace it in the campground. It would be much nicer if the truck just played nice like it has for the past year...

Either way, road trip time!

Dan

Fishy
05-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Couldn't find an existing thread for this for 2012, so here it is. I expect to be hitting I-70 at the El-Ranco exit Tuesday morning around 10-11 AM. Silver FJ60, ARB bull bar, stock rear bumper, no roof rack. CB channel 4, no ham except on my sandwich.

Stop for lunch and fuel in Glenwood around 1-2 and take 128 down to Moab, hit SRCG around 5PM or so. The 60 might be able to do a little faster than the old 40 on I-70, we'll see.

So who is headed out when?

Pretty sure we caravanned for about a mile this morning. I was getting off at Idaho Springs to fish. Tried you on 146.46 but I just noticed on here you were Ham Free. Hope you found another to tag along. Wish I could have been Moab bound. Enjoy!

Rzeppa
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Pretty sure we caravanned for about a mile this morning. I was getting off at Idaho Springs to fish. Tried you on 146.46 but I just noticed on here you were Ham Free. Hope you found another to tag along. Wish I could have been Moab bound. Enjoy!

So that was you! We waved at each other but you peeled off so I figured you were local and not necessarily on your way to Moab.

Cool, not too many built 100s so I figured it might be someone I knew or was with Rising Sun.

:cheers: