PDA

View Full Version : Couple of hand cannons!

Steve
05-07-2012, 12:55 PM
After leaving a 33+ year career, selling my Supercrewzer and enclosed trailer, selling my buggy, and paying off my house, I thought I was done with wheeling. Well so much for that thought! I still have the fever! I have acquired a new project and need to raise a few dollars to continue the progress.

Smith and Wesson Performance Center model 629 Pro Hunter, .44 magnum. Six and a half inch barrel, non-fluted cylinder, compensated and a very nice trigger with SA pull just under 2#. Comes with a Leupold 2X scope and a nylon bandolier style holster. Also comes with Smith rubber grips in addition to the wood ones.
ASKING $1000

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/Steve_Rickard/DSCN0244.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/Steve_Rickard/DSCN0243.jpg

I am open to REASONABLE offers!
Thanks for looking,
Steve
720 - 308 - 7 six 4 two

RockRunner
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Those are beautiful, good luck. I just want a Glock 23 (40) for play and the night stand.

Uncle Ben
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Very nice! Not really hand cannons by my standards but two very beautiful wheel guns none the less. I had a DX exactly like your's that I traded for a Dan Wesson .445 Supermag. It seemed like a good trade at the time but I later sold the DW for cash. Wish I still had the DX in my collection but silly for me to buy one now. Good luck on the sale! I'll ask a couple of my big bore buddies if they are interested.

Steve
05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Those are beautiful, good luck. I just want a Glock 23 (40) for play and the night stand.

Thanks. I sold my G-23 a couple of years ago. Still have eight more G's in the safe! Love the "beauty" of them! (functionality)

Very nice! Not really hand cannons by my standards but two very beautiful wheel guns none the less. I had a DX exactly like your's that I traded for a Dan Wesson .445 Supermag. It seemed like a good trade at the time but I later sold the DW for cash. Wish I still had the DX in my collection but silly for me to buy one now. Good luck on the sale! I'll ask a couple of my big bore buddies if they are interested.

So would a S&W .460 and a .500 classify as hand cannons? :D May part ways with those also! I have 4, .44 mags so I thought I would put them up first. I'll probably end up regretting selling these, but the yearning for cash is strong right now!
Thanks for passing it along! :cheers:

Uncle Ben
05-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks. I sold my G-23 a couple of years ago. Still have eight more G's in the safe! Love the "beauty" of them! (functionality)

So would a S&W .460 and a .500 classify as hand cannons? :D May part ways with those also! I have 4, .44 mags so I thought I would put them up first. I'll probably end up regretting selling these, but the yearning for cash is strong right now!

I love my .460 magnum! It has been my primary big game gub since I got it. I had a .500 Performance Center Hunter prior and didn't like it. I have a Rugar Custom Shop .480 Magnum for hog work! :-) We gotta get together man! :D I first began my love for pistol hunting with a .41 Mag Blackhawk. Another gub I kick myself for selling! Here's my currant wheel gun hunting toys....

Top to bottom

.44 mag Super Redhawk with trigger and spring work and shimmed turret- 2x Nikon,

.480 Super Redhawk RCS - Tasco 1.5x Propoint (Hogs) or 4x Nikon,

.460 XVR (#492 of 500 first run pre-production) - 1.5-9x Nikon

Snowrun
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
:bowdown:.460 rocks!!!

wesintl
05-07-2012, 09:12 PM
wussies...
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/17166/1065961-handcannon.jpg

GLWS :thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-07-2012, 10:20 PM
wussies...

GLWS :thumb:

Me likey!

Now if we just had ammo to run through them! :rolleyes:

TIMZTOY
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Very nice! Not really hand cannons by my standards
they were THE hand cannons up till like 10 years ago or so.. :D then holly over kill batman

Me likey!

Now if we just had ammo to run through them! :rolleyes:
shiz... the dame cannon would fly as far as the projectile holding it like that

Air Randy
05-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Dang you, I am looking to buy a covered trailer too! What are you going to build Steve? Anything super trick?

Why do you need 8 G-23's :eek: you can only shoot 2 at a time even in a real pinch :D

Steve
05-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Dang you, I am looking to buy a covered trailer too! What are you going to build Steve? Anything super trick?

Why do you need 8 G-23's :eek: you can only shoot 2 at a time even in a real pinch :D

Not building anything out of the ordinary. Just going back to a mini truck and building a nice, clean third gen. Double bobbed bed, boat tailed, turbo trans, duals etc.
Probably back off of the real extreme stuff. I like a windshield, heater, a/c and doors! :D I must be gettin soft!

Only said I had 8 more Glocks! They are not all G-23's. I have 9's, .45's, .40's, you get the picture! :hill: Seems I hardly shoot ONE anymore. :rant:

Oh, and Uncle Ben, you have gotta stop posting pictures like that. I keep seeing nice wheel guns like that and it makes me question my sanity and why I put these up for sale! Where is that gonna leave the build budget? :confused:

Air Randy
05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Nice! Jeremy is supposed to be bringing his mini over in the next few weeks as both of his frame ends broke off in Moab and the front end is about to fall off. I think he plans to re-tube the entire front end. I'll let you know when that goes down so you can swing by. If you can build your mini to wheel like Jeremy's but still have the creature comforts, you will have the best of both worlds.

Steve
05-17-2012, 08:38 PM
One down, one to go! Still trying to re-home the PC Hunter.

Uncle Ben
05-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Got any cool T/C Encore barrels you wanna sell?

Steve
05-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Can't help ya with the barrels, Kevin.
Gotta 329 PD I may let go though! 4", Magnaported, trigger job, Hi-viz front sight. Twenty six ounces! Scandium and titanium.

Uncle Ben
05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Gotta 329 PD I may let go though! 4", Magnaported, trigger job, Hi-viz front sight. Twenty six ounces! Scandium and titanium.

Oh nice! You tempt me on that one.......dont need it but ......... I wish S&W chambered that in . 41!

rover67
05-18-2012, 06:00 PM

i'm interested in that one.

been wanting one for a while.

want to get rid of my 629 and just have a 329.

Steve
05-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Couple of pics of the 329. As you can see it has been Magnaported. Also has a very nice trigger job, super smooth. Single action lets go at 1# 11oz! Would include the Galco holster and rubber grip in the picture. The rubber grips make the gun look a little more sinister than the wood ones.

Pretty firm at $900 for this one. I'd prefer to let the Performance Center Hunter go and keep this one but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to keep the PCH!

You might think this gun would smack the devil out of your hand but in actuality, with the rubber grips it doesn't hit as hard as my 4" N frame 629.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/Steve_Rickard/IMG_0146.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/Steve_Rickard/IMG_0147.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/Steve_Rickard/IMG_0145.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/Steve_Rickard/DSCN0240.jpg

Rezarf
05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Man, I have been looking at a 329pd for ever! Love that one. If you are looking for trades, shoot me a PM, I have a few things I'd let go.