PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, May 19th

bgoodheart
05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Spring Creek is the plan for Saturday the 19th. 10:00 meet time at the Downieville Starbucks. We'll plan to be aired down and on the trail by 10:30. Link to the TrailDamage info page: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=36. I haven't run this trail, but the consensus seems to be that 33s, armor, and at least a rear locker are all strongly suggested. We'll be starting a little bit late to, so there may be traffic and we should probably plan on a long day. I'd love to have someone with experience on this trail along that could help spot some of the tougher sections, so come on out for some close-to-home, post-Moab fun! Depending on what time we get finished, maybe a Tommyknocker's visit will be in order afterward :beer:. Post up here with questions, or call/text me at 928-710-five, five, two, two.

1. baja1d (and family)
2. bgoodheart (and family)
3. cajunrock (and family)

BJG

FJBRADY
05-14-2012, 07:57 AM
baja1d and I (and families) are planning on running something this Saturday. Not sure what just yet, but we have kicked around Jenny Creek or Spring Creek. I've never been on either, so suggestions are welcome.

If it's Spring Creek, we'll probably shoot for an early start to plan more time for getting unstuck, etc. Probably on the trail by 0830? Is there still a lot of snow up there this early in the year?

Jenny Creek may be a later start - 0930 or so - but it sounds like there could still be a lot of drifts making things tough.

Any other ideas from the group? Anyone want to join? I don't know any of the trails around here, so comments and company are appreciated! :bowdown:

BJG

I would love to, but I still have a CM hang over which should last through the end of the month....giving me enough time to unload, wash and tighten some things up on the trusty steed.

I would check CO 4x4's web site on the trail conditions of Spring Creek, they usually run it early in the season. Great challenging trail one of my favorites.....cell phones work most, if not all the trail in case you get into trouble.

As for Jenny Creek it stays snowed in for quite some time, but I thought UB ran it last month and I can't recall the snow conditions.

I would try SC this time of year since it's close and will clear earlier than JC.

Good luck and have fun:thumb:

baja1d
05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Spring Creek is my vote... what could go wrong? BTW, I'll be getting off duty that morning so 09:30-10 in Idaho Springs for either trail is about the best I can do.

subzali
05-14-2012, 08:27 AM
...but I thought UB ran it last month and I can't recall the snow conditions.

Deep.

MountainGoat
05-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Here's a Spring Creek trip report from last Wednesday. Looks to be wide open.

Spring Creek (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?16761-SPRING-CREEK)

:thumb:

bgoodheart
05-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Edited the original post to reflect meeting time and place. Come on out!

baja1d
05-14-2012, 03:34 PM
We're in!!! Put a thread on Mud: http://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/592068-colorado-spring-creek-5-19-a.html

cajunrock
05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Cajunrock is in. I will try to get the family to go too! (I have 3:Princess: ) Travis, is the 40 ready or you bringing the 80? Geo

baja1d
05-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey George, glad you can make it. I'll be in the 80 but the 40 is getting there. These warm days are killing me- I just want to be cruising with the top off!!!

bgoodheart
05-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Is there any way to change the thread title (not just the original post) to reflect the time and trail now that we've settled on Spring Creek?

Thanks,

BJ

JadeRunner
05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Way to go posting up and leading a run even though you have never run it. Reminds me of how I used to do it years ago.

Sorry I wont be able to make it. I have my girls ballet performances to attend that day.

Spring Creek is a fine choice. You should have fun working your way up and down and out the network of trails with a small group.

bgoodheart
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Way to go posting up and leading a run even though you have never run it. Reminds me of how I used to do it years ago.

Kiddos ballet show trumps wheeling any day. Have fun!

I'm just hoping I avoid any of your truck's "ballet" moves from the Moab pre-run! I showed that video to my wife - bad idea... I have been expressly forbidden from any tipping over.

I blame selection of the trail squarely on Travis. I am a sissy, but a sucker for peer pressure. My "clean" Tacoma may not stay that way for long at this rate :eek:

Alright, what about the rest of you hooligans? Who's going to come witness this yard sale?!

Uncle Ben
05-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Spring Creek is a fine choice. You should have fun working your way up and down and out the network of trails with a small group.

I concur! :thumb::thumb:

bgoodheart
05-16-2012, 03:41 PM
UB, are you going to join us? I want to see Wild Rice make everything look easy.

baja1d
05-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll put these trails into the GPS: Bill Moore Lake, Red Elephant Hill, Saxon Mountain, Cascade Creek, Democrat Mountain, Bard Creek
but does anybody have any suggestions?

baja1d
05-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeee haaa

baja1d
05-19-2012, 09:22 PM
What a blast. 3 rigs: a 40, an 80, and a Taco: