PDA

View Full Version : FJ60 Parts for Sale

calphi27
05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Parting out an 86' FJ60. Body is shot and engine has cracked head according to previous owner. I drove it home last week (about 5 miles). If you want any part of drivetrain, come check it out before parts start coming off.

It has been quite some time since I parted out a 60, so if I am way off base with prices, let me know.

ARB winch style bumper $SOLD $460
Engine + Everything in engine bay $500 obo
4 speed and transfer case $500 -rebuilt 100k ago
Glass (windshield gone) $25 each Tailgate glass $35 (have 2)
Complete Axles $250 each obo
BFG all terrains 10k miles with stock rims $250
Markers, Emblems & Switches $5 each
Seats (worn) $5 each
Driveshafts $35 each
OME 3" lift $250 obo
Mirrors $35 each
CD player $20

I will be available today and Saturday morning(brewing beer so grabs some parts and a beer). I can help pull parts. I have basic tools, sockets, etc & an air compressor. Will consider trades for yardwork, cruiser work/parts, gubs or anything of value.

If you don't see something on here, let me know and I'll see if it's there.

CardinalFJ60
05-16-2012, 10:27 AM
You have PM...and to be repetitively redundant....

Carb cooling fan relay, rear washer nozzle, PS rear mudflap and bracket

Also, what size are those BFGs?

bigcity25
05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
X2 in the tires

gr8fulabe
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Could you post a pic of the bumper? Will it fit an FJ62? I recall one fitting the other, but. It both for some reason.
Thanks
Abe

calphi27
05-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Tires are BFG all terrains 32 x 11.5 on stock 60 rims.

It will be tomorrow before I can get that bumper pic. It is the old style. It should fit a 62, but it might need some convincing. You can bring your truck by to test fit it.

Rzeppa
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Could you post a pic of the bumper? Will it fit an FJ62? I recall one fitting the other, but. It both for some reason.
Thanks
Abe

60 and 62 bumpers are not directly interchangeable...

Rzeppa
05-17-2012, 01:13 PM
PM sent. Between my daughter's 60 and mine I am sure there's a bunch of stuff we need.

calphi27
05-17-2012, 03:28 PM
arb pics. crappy cell phone pics. This thing will need some paint to make it pop if you care about that sort of thing. KC lights included.

RLMS
05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
ill take the drive shafts!!
pm me, an ill pay pal!!

Thanks justin

Rzeppa
05-19-2012, 04:31 PM
ill take the drive shafts!!
pm me, an ill pay pal!!

Thanks justin

I already got dibs on the drive shafts ;)

But I see in your sig line you got 60 series rear bumpers. I'm interested! I was lookin' at Kaymars at vendor night at Moab, apparently they only make them for 62s, and require mods to work on 60s.

nattybumppo
05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
But I see in your sig line you got 60 series rear bumpers. I'm interested! I was lookin' at Kaymars at vendor night at Moab, apparently they only make them for 62s, and require mods to work on 60s.

Jeff, Although the fronts are different because the attachment tabs and bumper dimensions are bigger on a 62, the rears should be interchangeable. The Slee rear bumper definitely fits either one.

Rzeppa
05-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Jeff, Although the fronts are different because the attachment tabs and bumper dimensions are bigger on a 62, the rears should be interchangeable. The Slee rear bumper definitely fits either one.

When I spoke with the folks at the Kaymar booth at vendor night they told me that their rear bumper for an FJ62 would NOT bolt up to my FJ60, and that modifications would be required. Just sayin...

wesintl
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
When I spoke with the folks at the Kaymar booth at vendor night they told me that their rear bumper for an FJ62 would NOT bolt up to my FJ60, and that modifications would be required. Just sayin...

all you have to do is notch the frame for the receiver. manafre notes only pre85. otherwise it's bolt up.

calphi27
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Long range fuel tank now available. I was going to keep it, but looks like it may not fit my 62. I don't know who exactly made it, but it was from Australia. The PO put it on about 10 years ago. It has some surface rust. I believe it is 42 gallons.

Asking $500 obo

InsanityIsBorn
05-22-2012, 08:38 AM
You mentioned that the body is shot? Does this apply to the doors as well? If so how shot are they? I'm looking for an extra set of doors to turn into some halfdoors to swap in and out with my stock full doors.

Let me know

calphi27
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM
You mentioned that the body is shot? Does this apply to the doors as well? If so how shot are they? I'm looking for an extra set of doors to turn into some halfdoors to swap in and out with my stock full doors.

Let me know

The bottoms are rusted. I can get pics tomorrow.

Kipper
05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
i am interested in the exhaust down pipe that bolts to the manifold. I can come by with a hack saw and cut it off. let me know $ and when/where I can come by.

kstiever
at
gmail
dotcom

calphi27
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM

Let me know

I didn't get pics, but the pinch welds are compromised. If you want them, you can have them. You just have to pull them off:D

calphi27
05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
i am interested in the exhaust down pipe that bolts to the manifold. I can come by with a hack saw and cut it off. let me know $ and when/where I can come by.

kstiever
at
gmail
dotcom

email sent

rover67
06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Interested in the front axle. will PM

thx,
Marco

Rzeppa
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Interested in the front axle. will PM

thx,
Marco

I already got dibs on it...

;)

rover67
06-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I already got dibs on it...

;)

Cool, didn't see that above, sorry bout that.

if you end up with an extra housing I'd love it. If not no big deal. I just called Jim's and they have a housing and knuckles there complete for a reasonable price.

-Marco

Rzeppa
06-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Cool, didn't see that above, sorry bout that.

if you end up with an extra housing I'd love it. If not no big deal. I just called Jim's and they have a housing and knuckles there complete for a reasonable price.

-Marco

I don't think that was public, he and I spoke on the phone and I followed up with a PM. Anyway, you are welcome to the housing. I wanted the axle shafts and diff as trail spares for my 60, and all the rest of the stuff for a FDB conversion on my 40. I also asked for the PS box and pump for a PS conversion on my 40.

rover67
06-06-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't think that was public, he and I spoke on the phone and I followed up with a PM. Anyway, you are welcome to the housing. I wanted the axle shafts and diff as trail spares for my 60, and all the rest of the stuff for a FDB conversion on my 40. I also asked for the PS box and pump for a PS conversion on my 40.

Ok, I'll wait for you to eat what you want off of it and I might pick up the scraps. just let me know when you are ready and what you end up with. The housing is basically I think what might benefit me the most but I might go with Jim's so I can get knuckles too. not sure yet.

calphi27
07-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Im getting married, so I have be swamped during my off time. Anyways I just pulled the engine, tranny, and transfer case. They are out and available.

Everything is obo.

Long range aussie tank $300 now
Engine $200
Tranny & Transfer case $200 total
alternator (rebuilt toyota) $40
ac compressor $40
Glass minus windshield $10 each

baja1d
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
How about the mechanism that holds the hood up? Need it for my 80 and I've heard that the 60 series works perfectly.

corsair23
07-17-2012, 01:58 PM
How about the mechanism that holds the hood up? Need it for my 80 and I've heard that the 60 series works perfectly.

The prop rod? :)

calphi27
07-17-2012, 06:33 PM

The spring? You should check out the shock mod on mud. It beats the spring and the holder hands down. If you want it, just come and pick it up or meet me. I'll give it to you.

baja1d
07-17-2012, 11:51 PM
The spring? You should check out the shock mod on mud. It beats the spring and the holder hands down. If you want it, just come and pick it up or meet me. I'll give it to you.

Cool, I'll check it out but my shocks are pretty much done. The hood prop was what I was referring to but had a brain fart while typing.

Rzeppa
07-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Im getting married, so I have be swamped during my off time. Anyways I just pulled the engine, tranny, and transfer case. They are out and available.

Congratulations on getting married! :cheers:

I guess we're getting close to where I should come out there and pick up that stuff I am buying from you.

:wrench:

corsair23
07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Cool, I'll check it out but my shocks are pretty much done. The hood prop was what I was referring to but had a brain fart while typing.

I replaced mine on the 80 with some aftermarket ones off ebay and they work great. They've been on for over a year and seem to be holding up fine. Inexpensive and no more worries about getting bonked on the head by the hood :eek:

Those and a prop rod would definitely do the ticket

nuclearlemon
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM

not quite perfectly...the 60 rod is a touch short, so on windy days, your hood can blow up and come off, but otherwise yes, bolts right up, including the stay clip for the rod when it's down.

calphi27
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Congratulations on getting married! :cheers:

I guess we're getting close to where I should come out there and pick up that stuff I am buying from you.

:wrench:

yeah. I just need to figure out the logistics of getting a scrapper over to take the frame and body while I can still move it.